What should I review next?

2 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

It's not released yet, I'm sure as soon as the NDA is up they will have a video ready to release. Same as everyone else.

Alright. Thanks for the info.

Maybe a review of different editing softwares? Taran would be interested in this I would imagine

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

1) Luke can do the Raspberry Pi mirror thats been on every tech website in the last 3 months. Cheap and fun project.

2) When I catch a glimpse of your warehouse I always think “Boy, sure there must be at least 100 PC’s laying in parts somewhere there”. What would you do with 100 PC’s? Surely you can build another 10 storage servers, maybe another gaming room for the people who work there, the most amazing folding project ever but...you’ve probably done it a million times before. But wait a minute, surely you can do a couple giveaways. Give back your fans who probably need it more than you. But do they REALLY need those parts? Maybe you could figure out a higher cause to donate these rigs? What about homeless shelters? People need entertainment as much as they need food. Make a home theater for them, a PC for browsing the web, reading the news, printing their CV, listen to music. Use the fan base. I’m sure there’s a lot of us who can help you with this, either by donating hardware, writing some software, building webpages etc. Looking up the stats about homelessness in Canada, there’s a lot of work to be done. I could probably rant on about how we are lucky to have all these things but I’m sure I would bore everyone to death. You guys are in position to help a lot of less fortunate people. With your channel and connections to the industry, you could make a real difference.

PS. Excuse any mistakes, English is not my native language. 

Edit: Just realised Luke has been doing some charity twitch streams which I unfortunately wasn't aware of. GO LUKE! 

What about an upgrade video of z170 vs X99 Now with Broadwell-E with a review of i7 6800k vs 6700k? 

Joystick and warthunder.

It is a kinda big and growing community around Realistic battles in Warthunder and other games i guess.. and the game really is awesome in both graffics and gameplay. It supports VR too. So perhaps you could combine it with a VR review

I would love to see you guys take an older laptop and upgrade the GPU and CPU and run benchmarks and compare it to a newer laptop with similar specs.

Touchscreens. 27" and so on. I guess you could combine it with a VESA mount review or reviews

On January 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

You should review this website: http://www.downloadmoreram.com

13 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

You should review this website: http://www.downloadmoreram.com

Maybe after that they can review this site:

http://niceme.me/

Oh and I would like to see some keyboard reviews :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How about new budget build CrossFire RX 480 vs. GTX 1080 when Polaris will come out to public?

On January 28, 2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Try and make a laptop with desktop parts (Probably going to end up as a big block of plastic and metal)annnnnnd nvm. That's not a review 

• CPU
    Intel I-7 6700
  • Motherboard
    Msi Z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
  • RAM
    16 GB Crucial
  • GPU
    Msi 4gb GTX 960
  • Case
    Corsair 380t
  • Storage
    Seagate FireCuda 1TB
  • PSU
    Random Antec 500w from 2010
  • Display(s)
    Asus VS278
  • Cooling
    Exhaust: LTT NF-F12 Intake: Thermaltake Riing 140mm Orange Heatsink:corsair H75
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G105
  • Sound
    Onkyo 5.1 surround Theater Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

LINUS you need to overclock and benchmark each different offering of gtx 1080 and 1070!! Or at least do gigabyte and msi and be like "1-8 pin 1080 vs 1 8-pin + 1 6-pin 1080: does the amount of power matter?" cause the g1 gtz 1080 only has the 1 8-pin connecter and the similar price msi has the 8+6

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

More AMD processor 

On 1/29/2015 at 8:54 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

3M Novec Cooling for PCs

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

Old (upgradable) Mac Pro 4.1 or 5.1 maxed out (Maxwell/Pascal or some modern AMD card, 128 GB RAM, dual 6-core CPU, SSDs) vs current Mac Pro.

You can touch upon multiple interesting subjects (for example older generation Xeon CPUs you've mentioned as a cheap gaming CPU, plus the stock Mac Pro CPUs are delidded which is unusual).

You should be able to outperform the new Mac Pro for a fraction of the cost, which is really interesting for people wanting an official mac workstation without paying Apple tons of money.

It would be a nice follow up to your hackintosh video.

I want to see the cool mech keyboards and other stuff from massdrop and it could also be a sponsor video

Do a review and detailed tour of the Nicky V's custom Honda Civic.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I have been scouring for months, I haven't found a single uefi review...have you ever done one? Review the boards uefi's. See if you can make a list easiest to hardest...which boards are better for newer users vs which ones have many many more options and possibly buried/hidden options. Especially since the X99 just got refreshed it would help those who are new to everything.

Today I stumbled into a video and apparently these new Broadwell-e chips are actually taking advantage of these new 4000+ MHz RAM sticks, some games have significant boosts (10+% boosts) with this new RAM, but it was very vanilla, you could cover it in traditional Linus style, not just show its happening but explain to users WHY it's happening. How the new RAM and 6950x can use these speeds to help achieve higher max and more stable higher average frame rates at 1440 and 4K. (I would have linked the video if I had kept or remembered it) but some games only saw 1-2 fps higher, some were well over 10 fps. And gaming in 4K, I'd take as much fps as I can get, even better if it's not coming off the card, especially since the 1080 founders' seems to have some heat issues.

I kinda miss the old Linus builds...Luke said we'd see a "Compensator 2.0" lol the hardware is out now for that (although without nVidia supporting 4-way it's probably not worth it, doubt anyone is gonna do 4-way anymore) but it would still be kinda funny to see it....course you could just move that to SuperFun.

Could do a "series" on builds and why, with there being some issue in the supply chain causing a pretty significant 1080 shortage, and massive gouging going on because demand is far outpacing supply right now (yesterday EVGA 1080 FTW's with the 3.0 cooler was priced at $1800 US, it's dropped to $1400 US but still, that's just crazy) show people way it might not be a terrible idea to go bargain hunting on the 980 and 980ti's and since it's looking like August (at least) for nVidia and the AIB partners to catch up, there are options like buying and/or holding onto 980's and 980ti's at rock bottom prices and just waiting until the 1080ti and Titan replacement hits the market. It's been a long long time since we've seen a gpu roll out go this badly. Plus AMD will have time to really 'time' and 'price' their next stuff perfectly, maybe we'll see a true competition again between teams red and green.

Anyway, that's stuff I found myself thinking about today as I watched the WAN show and other videos.

Not a review but more builds would be nice... 

you should do something like this 

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Can you do a review of the SC512N1 capture card.

Most capture card providers purposely limit their cards only to sell a so called upgraded version later down the road for more $$$.

This card is one you'll only have to buy once.

Link: https://solarisjapan.com/products/sc-512n1-l-dvi-component-hd-and-dvi-capture-board

I am getting my information from MassiveG a professional Youtube streamer.

I would love to see you put together an ideal home networking build with enterprise features... I've seen many takes everything from ubiquiti to sophos to pfsense for the firewall and what wap options you would opt to as well as switches.