What should I review next?

Just now, angelwolf71885 said:

how about computing though the years/milestones

review the top of the line from each CPU socket type

from all the major players fully maxed out in ram and cpu

its likely back in the era these parts came from the systems would of never been maxed out in ram or cpu speed..

would be interesting to see who was truly king in ever socket

Yea I second that

Like if you liked it. Share it if you thought it was great. Leave a reply if you emotions are a bit more complicated   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

That would be pretty cool B|

How about the spearheading XPS13/15 with a Razor Core? Trying out TB3 compatibility with other manufacturers. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

I would love to see a high end storage device such as a EMC Storage array  put up against a QNAP, Synology, and custom built NAS/SAN. iSCSI over 10GbE with all the fixins' 

If you do this I would love love for you to make a post on here or a blog or vlog detailing the setup in the OS down to the IQNs and LUNs

Hey, Linus, I believe you should do a review on This Beast of a router! This thing must be pretty freakin' Awesome with an MSRP of  $399.99 USD!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

how about geek gear? eg stuff like you can find on thinkgeek and/or review  geek box subscription services, just a thought...

how about the vivo titan case, seems like a decent budget case to leave money on the table for more important parts

titan.jpg

If someone from this forum would reach a prototype phase for a product he wants to push into the market soon after, could that be something you'd review? (not necessarily for a video, but to help gathering feedback on the product) 

On 28.1.2015. at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Why dont you review some of the Microsoft phones. I think they are realy underestimated

Do some more networking equipment like range extender, routers, etc. There isn't much reviews on these and there are a BIG range out there!!!

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Hi LTT,

I would really like to see a review on the Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha.  The "Alpha" is important because it includes some very interesting features.  Here are some questions I would really like to see answered.

1. The two ports they are calling u.2 ports, are they actually considered mini-SAS HD ports?  I think the connector on the drive side is what's considered u.2 and board side is mini-SAS HD, but maybe I am wrong on what all u.2 is supposed to include.  If I'm right then why is Asus trying to confuse us more?

2. Can you use both u.2 ports and the m.2 port at the same time, while specifically using PCIe gen 3 for all?

3. Can you raid u.2/m.2

4. What kind of super sick speeds can you get if you do #3 in RAID 0

5. Are there any lanes left over for your video card if you do #3, or do the PCIe lanes come from the chipset and therefore you still  have 16x lanes for video cards?

I wish I had the money to just buy this stuff and try it out, but that would get really expensive.

$249 - Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha @Newegg_Support

$320 - Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512GB @Newegg_Support

$1078 - Intel 750 series 2.5" 1.2TB x2 for RAID @NCIX

$339 - Intel Core i7-6700K @Amazon

Obviously the part list is not all inclusive, but includes the main components related to my questions.  Any video card running at 16x PCIe gen 3 would work for testing.  RAM, PSU, case, etc. don't really affect the direction I'm going with this question (and I have that stuff already. I'd have to rob it from a running computer, but...). Also, prices are as of 5/27/16 and are likely to change, but those are the cheapest prices I could find today. So $3,064 minimum is what it would cost me to test this setup if I rob stuff from my x99 build.

6. I guess I am also a bit interested to see the RGB connectors on it too.  How well does that work compared to NZXT Hue+?

7. Finally, where are the mobo's on x99 build with 2 x u.2 connectors (or mini-SAS HD, or whatever we are calling them), ugh!

So with all of your connections maybe you could get some samples from Asus, Intel and Samsung to see what would happen if you installed all this stuff wearing socks and sandals :).

Running OSX in a VM on a PC and being able to enable more than 500GB storage and 2GB of RAM.

Actually, take turns trying to hack in the Canadian equivelent of the Pentagon. Winner gets $3 dollars are an Ice-Cream.

Would be really cool if you could benchmark some older GPUs in newer games, like the HD5000, HD6000, GTX400 and GTX500 series and maybe some older CPUs too like the q6600 and amd equivalent to help out people who are in to scrapyarding :)

I think the DataVac electric duster would be a great and simple item to review since dust is a small but important issue with electronics. A friend told me about it and I picked one up and it's the best. I haven't spent money on a can of compressed air since. I use it on my computers, keyboards, music production, and HiFi gear.

datavac.jpg

Google Chrome book experience with a companion desktop pc. This is a very good solution that is used often for students that need a laptop  in class, but want a lightweight solution with more power. My school has a gigabit backbone and many students use this every day. 

Some more headphone reviews would be awesome.  DAC/AMP combos would be sweet too.  Not just the type that sit on your desk either.  Some portable and actually well done solutions would be nice.

You have been Spfinated!