What should I review next?

I think you should review the Huawei Watch that you're wearing for the past couple of weeks, including a preview of Android Wear 2.0 on the watch.

compare 3 way crossfire 390 with one gtx 1080 similiar pricing

• 2 weeks later...
On January 28, 2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I recently saw this new power bank that doubles as a car jump starter. It is just under 80$ and it is 12000 mah. I think you guys would be interested. https://goo.gl/U0byJ7

On 29/01/2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Kind of a review, but just a video idea really. A budget gaming laptop guide or best budget gaming laptops video. :D

Now that the X1 Yoga OLED is out, I think you guys should really take a look at it. Would be nice to see how viable OLED in a laptop is at this point. You've mentioned the X1 Yoga OLED in one of your CES videos before.

Personally wouldn't mind seeing some more micro atx motherboards, cases and other such parts, This may or may not be influenced by the fact I plan on converting my current mid tower build to a micro atx build with the same sli compatibility.

Just heard about a "pc console" hybrid called the TGP Box through Retail Edge. Looks interesting, though for now appears to only be in China (with western markets on the way). Would LTT be able to import something like this for review? It looks pretty nice for what it costs, with an i7 and Windows 10.

This gadget from Harmon Kardon.

http://www.harmankardon.com/bluetooth-speakers/ESQUIRE+MINI.html?dwvar_ESQUIRE MINI_color=Black

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

How about 2/3/4/(5)/G speed/power consumption relation. If they take 5G to 15-18GHz how much will the Plank-Einstein relation (E=h*f) affect battery life?

With the upcoming release of the new Xeon line of processors and the 60MB cache of on a 4C/8T processor and the 24C/48T processor, it would be interesting to see the output on these, also to include a similar i7 4C/8T from the Skylake line with similar clock speed as a control line.  Could even throw in a similar spec'd i5 non-HT (or just disable HT from the i7 to keep all bandwidth the same for control purposes) to see if HT affects cache in any adverse way.

Put it against gaming benchmarks, production and compression benchmarks, all the while monitoring power draw from the wall against performance and temperatures. 

With all hardware being identical (well, I'm unsure if there is a 2011 4C processor off the top of my head), seeing which performs better with the massive difference in cache in different applications would really give consumers a comparison set that could be plotted to give a sweet spot for people looking to do more than just one specific task with their PC.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a review but I have a video idea : go back in the history of the channel and look up the most inexpensive build you've ever done. Then try to build  a modern 1080p system which costs less than that build. 

Or maybe you can do that for the next scrapyard wars: give each player an absurd low budget ($100 or something) and see what they can come up with. 

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

On 8/9/2016 at 1:24 PM, NavyCuda said:

@LinusTech You can borrow my 2015 Leaf and review it if you like! It's technology!

Linus should review Geoff. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Asus RT-AC5300

make it appoint to do a range test and speed since most reviewers miss this point in reviewing routers

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

On 29/01/2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I'm new here, but for the past month I have started watching your videos and they have given me some ideas onto how to upgrade my system and what new tech I should buy. I was hoping that you could review the new Macbook pro. I hope you find something good to review,

Fruitypanda

Please review why the f**k we have to pay a premium for speakers in most gaming monitors. Like WHY, and laptops with touch screens I DON'T WANT A TOUCH SCREEN premium price for a good laptop that would be in my price range if it wasn't f**king touch screen. Just give me an option damn companies with your premiums for useless stuff speakers or no speakers, touch or no touch...

Lenovo Y700

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Find the worst laptop you can find and see what it can do.

some razer stuffs or cases like Zalman Z3+ not because I am planing build with this case

nooooo..

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

RX 460

Slide N Joy, curious to see what having those things do to productivity for laptops.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

I would like to see some nice monitor risers, maybe some resembling the IKEA one. Thanks for the consideration!