What should I review next?

1 hour ago, Derpologist said:

Linus already did this, I believe

bruh dis thread is like a year old?

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

45 minutes ago, Gofspar said:

Oh lmaoo didnt even think about that

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

1 minute ago, Derpologist said:

Oh lmaoo didnt even think about that

when you tryna get on that post grind by bumping dead threads

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

1 hour ago, Gofspar said:

Yeah I don't understand why it is still alive.  I see people posting here everyday, but as far as I can tell the original point was to get the community to prioritize a few ideas they had in the pipe... all of which have been done like over a year ago xD (there used to be a poll but I think it was lost in the update)

Linus, or anyone, if you are actually still monitoring this thread, give us a sign! :) 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I think you should try and get your hands on a reviewers sample of the Skully AR-1 motorcycle helmet, I know you've mentioned in previous threads regarding the helmet that there is no way you would pay $1500 for something that essentially has no resale value.

I think it would be interesting considering augmented reality is becoming quite topical these days. You also share a passion of mine in riding motorcycles so I feel you would have a unique take on this helmet in terms of tech and the pro's or con's of its abilities to keep riders safe.

Cheers, BabieZ.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40Ghz GPU: NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC Edition 2GB Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 1600Mhz (8GBx2) Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z & DELL SE197FP Motherboard: Asus Z87M-Plus Power Supply: Corsair GS600 Case: Thermaltake USB3.0 A31 Black Hard Disk Drive(s): Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 (Cherry Red MX Switches) Blue LED | Head Phones: ATH-AD700X Open Air with ZM-MIC 1 Mouse: Zowie FK DPI: 450 Mousepad: Steel Series QcK+ Windows Sensitivity Notch: 6 In Game Sensitivity: 1.125 Desktop Resolution: BenQ XL2411Z: 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz & DELL SE197FP: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz | In Game Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | OS: Windows 10 Pro

1. How about best second-hand CPUs review.
  2. I run trading software platforms (Ninjatrader 7, Ninjatrader 8) on an i7 quad core @ 2.8Mhz and it can't cope at all.  How does one determine what hardware build would deliver the best performance for a given use case?  There are utilities which optimize an existing PC but I don't see any that recommend the best hardware upgrades. Is there any software utility that would profile or monitor a system as it runs and guide me to a more effective hardware config?  e.g. the right balance between number of cores and clock-speed, running at very high display resolution, would it make much use of a fast 3D card, network I/O, or storage I/O.
  3. Most upgradable motherboard socket path.  e.g. 2011-v3  vs 1151?

Review German Tiger 1 WW2 tank. I would like to see Linus drive the mighty German Tiger 1 tank. 

The most interesting things on this channel ever (for me) was the two gamers, one rig build (and subsequentially the 7 gamers, one rig build).

That combined with your idea of "Who needs watercooling to make a PC quiet if it's in the next room?!" brought me to another idea: What if I had just one server hosting a bunch of VMs, one being a pf-sense machine, another my mediacenter, and two or more, depending on the graphics cards I put in, gaming PCs for myself and the family? Only problem: I can't afford connecting all of that throughout the house with fiber thunderbolt cables and hubs!

SO is there a VDI solution for this? Perhaps with XEN Desktop or SPICE that would allow me to just place a GigE wired ThinClient somewhere and connect my TV or my gaming peripherals and so on?

I've seen lots of people ask similar questions a few years back but I've never found anyone who'd done it who could comment on latency and cost.

I would love to see you delve into this topic.

9 hours ago, vlc said:
  1. How about best second-hand CPUs buyers guide.
  2. I run trading software platforms (Ninjatrader 7, Ninjatrader 8) on an i7 quad core @ 2.8Mhz and it can't cope at all.  How does one determine what hardware build would deliver the best performance for a given use case?  There are utilities which optimize an existing PC but I don't see any that recommend the best hardware upgrades. Is there any software utility that would profile or monitor a system as it runs and guide me to a more effective hardware config?  e.g. the right balance between number of cores and clock-speed, running at very high display resolution, would it make much use of a fast 3D card, network I/O, or storage I/O.
  3. Most upgradable motherboard socket path.  e.g. 2011-v3  vs 1151?
  4. Custom made CPU and GPU heat-pipe cooling projects. Including using a heat-pipe to cool a heat-pipe, by adding a custom-made heat pipe to each pipe-tip of a standard heat-pipe based 'air-cooler'.

It would be awesome if you would review the sennheiser hd 800s, and the asus pg348q (asus must have sent you one) the asus competition to the acer x34. When the x34p comes out, could you review that too? Lastly, it would be awesome if you would review more amp/dac units (portable + desk ones). Specifically the Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 2nd gen. love ya linus!

The new MG248Q.

It looks like a nice option for 1080p gamers who want to enjoy high refresh rates in combination with Freesync.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I really do think you should do luke's idea of the common phone review and just keep switching the phone that is in his hand while talking about it since they are all the same. 

On 4/20/2016 at 11:26 PM, CheesecakeUnicorn said:

I think it would be nice to review some M.2 products, it is a faster, nicer, leftout version of storage, it is the Hufflepuff of storage devices.

0423161520.jpg

The razer man o war wireless gaming headset.

most of razer's headsets have been iffy at best but this looks like it might be different.

i would love to see a review as i cant find any anywhere on the interwebs

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-manowar

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Anything that has to do with audio

More headphone reviews, Maybe review some of the high end Sony line up and see if the "aluminium-coated Liquid Crystal Polymer driver units"  and the "Silver-coated oxygen-free copper (OFC) cable" are just a bunch of snake oil or if they actually improve the sound quality.

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Yeah I actually agree with JohnnyCorporalTech, Some more headphone/audio reviews would be cool

Really interested in seeing a review on the NZXT Grid+ V2 

GridV2-Accessory-Black-Main.jpg

On 28.01.2015. at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

do the rewiev of the hifiman he-350

@Linus Tech I'd love to see a review of some NASes please.

Specifically I'd like to see you guys test out the performance numbers on some different setups. 

One should be a consumer grade cheapo solution, something like the WD MyCloud Personal, one should be a consumer grade dedicated NAS, something like the WD My Cloud Expert or Netgear ReadyNAS and finally a dedicated PC (Core I3, 8GB RAM, Onboard GPU and WD RED HDDs) running something like FreeNAS or UnRAID.

You should test transfer speeds to and from, DNLA capabilities, max amount of streams from the device before it craps out, feature sets (like SMB, UPNP, ISCSI, Time Machine, Dropbox and Google Drive integration, app support for things like web servers, torrent clients etc).

I've not seen anyone do a comparison of NAS devices at differing price points before and I'd love to know how much I should invest to get maximum bang for my buck.

Of course you could also "obtain" a rack NAS just to show us how a 10Gbit NAS performs compared to the stuff us mere mortals can use at home, if you wanted to :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

how about computing though the years/milestones

review the top of the line from each CPU socket type

from all the major players fully maxed out in ram and cpu

its likely back in the era these parts came from the systems would of never been maxed out in ram or cpu speed..

would be interesting to see who was truly king in ever socket