What should I review next?

On January 28, 2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

You should do the ID-COOLING Frost flow water coolers. I personally think they look great and are pretty cheap. The frost flow 240W looks the best. Thanks for reading have a great day!

You should do a reverse scrap yard wars, where you have to build the lowest performing pc for the highest price

Assuming there is someone in the office suitable, some left handed peripherals especially mice and keyboards.

And for the next ScrapYard Wars, build an all in one pc from desktop components. (hint, apparently old CRT's are cheap these days)

All possible generations of i3/i5/i7-AMDFX with same core/thread count at same clock speed with the same gpu in tasks and gaming :)

ASUS PG348Q

i7-5930K@4.7Ghz | Asus X99-E-WS/USB 3.1 | Corsair Vengance 32GB DDR4@2666Mhz | Duo Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming | Samsung 950Pro 512GB | LSI 9260-8i RAID Card | 6x 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (RAID5) | Corsair AX1200i |  Fractal Design Defiine R5 Black | MetaDot DasKeyboard4 Professional | Logitech G900 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Asus PG348Q

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, as you asked for review suggestions, but something I would like to see on LTT is an updated Tech Tool Bag video to see what's changed for Linus and Luke since 3 years ago, and maybe even what other tech other LMG employees carry around on a daily basis, since the LMG employees have a wide variety of specialties, hobbies and interests (Taran for bike stuff, Brandon for photography stuff, Nicky V for troll stuff, etc...). When you do tech bag videos lately, it seems to be only for event coverage, which is cool, but is a bit different from day-to-day as its specialized for a set few days with specific expectations that are planned for, and the day-to-day tool bags might be more applicable to a wider part of your audience.

Just something I'd like to see. Not sure if others feel the same.

Whoops, posted in wrong thread.

Edited by strojac

Try to do some projects with raspberry pi,  should be a fun idea,  could turn into a showdown,  the sky's the limit with raspberry pi

asus gx1000 mouse, 'cause its my daily drive and its all aluminium:)

Main Rig:

| Asus Maxmimus VIII HERO | 6700k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB Corsair LED @2666MHz | Asus ROG 1070 @ 20xxMHz , 9200MHz | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 | Corsair 780T | Samsung850 EVO 500GB | 1 TB & 2TB Seagate HDD | DVD Drive :ph34r:| PS4 Controller | Superflower LEADEX 750 W 80+G | Noctua & Corsair Fans |

Peripherie:

| Corsair K70 LUX | Asus GX1000 | Rode NT USB | PS4 | Sennheiser 185 Headphones | Corsair Void Headset | ASus PG279Q & Sony 4k TV |  Lamp | Mousepad |

HP Omen 17t

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Recently I watched the video of you wrecklessly cooling a MacBook in a pan of water.

I have been looking around at laptop cooling pads and stumbled across something that I think might actually accomplish the cooling you tried in a safe fashion. 

To get to the point I would really like to see you review the Breeze Water-Cooled Laptop Pad. This is sold by QVC @ the following link. Might just be interesting to see exactly how it's built.

Link to the laptop pad  http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.E247623.html?item=E247623&ref=GAS&tpl=detail&cm_MMC=GOOGLESHOPPINGFEED-_-Electronics-_-Computers-_-Cool Breeze Water-Cooled Notebook Stand&E247623-000-000&cvosrc=pla.google.Cool Breeze Water-Cooled Notebook Stand&cvo_cid=85364735307&CAWELAID=120240770000357198&mkwid=s7kur7cUa|dm_pcrid_85364735307_pkw__pmt_&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=24633700947&CATCI=aud-98803066185:pla-65605779862&catargetid=600006460006173622&cadevice=m

i would love to see a wireless mouse comparison/roundup for 2016 mice.. i need one.. and prefer to hear your opinions before i buy one if at all possible.. maybe get the guys in on it, and do some kind of scoring system that adds all of your 'participants' scores together?   

*if i can game with it thats always a bonus, but not a requirement for me in this case

Please do a performance investigation of GTX 1080's (non reference cards) and see if anything that companies like MSI say about having higher clock speeds and better such and such than the other guys.

vzorek_geforce_gtx_1080_s_cipem_gp104-400-a1_a_pameti_gddr5x_01.jpg

12 hours ago, strojac said:

Whoops, posted in wrong thread.

you know that posting stuff like this is basically the same as posting "i have the same problem" on a help forum...

I would really love to see you test some "Business Class" notbook. Such as some thinkpads. How about x1 Carbon?

You should re-review an old products that you reviewed years ago,  something like the HTC one m7/m8 and do a modern comparison to see how things have changed. 

I would like to have the blade just because it has a graphics card in and I have never had a gaming pc.

11 hours ago, Cccaleb09 said:

I would like to have the blade just because it has a graphics card in and I have never had a gaming pc.

Woa there, this is not the giveaway thread, try this one.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

More mitx builds. It's always fun to see how much can be stuffed into a small case. The recent Dan case is a great example. I am working on a do it all itx rig the will game, be my NAS, run VMs for learning new stuff, and occasionally watch a bluray (meh, digital is good but I still like to own a hard copy of my content)

Comparing different keyboard with different cherry-mx keys. Such as the difference between mx-red, mx-brown, mx-blue, etc.