UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

As someone who makes less than $35,000 a year and takes care of his disabled dad, this is a life changing amount of money. I don't need UPS or Apple to throw money at me (Though, I certainly wouldn't be offended), but I'm a bit surprised at how little interest (or appreciation) they seemed to show. Even though, It took some serious strength to say "This isn't mine, you screwed up, please come take it back", and I'm happy with that and I don't need Apple or UPS to validate me doing something good.

They will happily accept and downplay the situation as much as possible.

System: Thinkpad T460

I mean... In the states you're legally allowed to keep those... 

Doesn't mean he should. He's doing the honest, moral thing. I would do the same

As someone who makes less than $35,000 a year and takes care of his disabled dad, this is a life changing amount of money. I don't need UPS or Apple to throw money at me (Though, I certainly wouldn't be offended), but I'm a bit surprised at how little interest (or appreciation) they seemed to show. Even though, It took some serious strength to say "This isn't mine, you screwed up, please come take it back", and I'm happy with that and I don't need Apple or UPS to validate me doing something good.

Yeah, you're a great guy for doing that. However it's still a douche move on the UPS side not rewarding you properly even though that decision should be obvious for everyone but in the world we live in, you're a great guy for doing it ^^

Meow.

Keep one, it's a gift to yourself for your good deed :D

:D in my country I would have to prove they are mine..
if something would be shipped to me from outside of europe..
I would have to claim it's really mine and was meant for me, then I'd have to pay tax (20% from the price of an item if it is over 25$)..
but IF i could keep them or at least get some money of it.. I would.. I know it's selfish to say this, but thinking of all the things I could
achieve w/ those money.. I would pay my school, buy an apartment or house, help my family or eventually I could help others or
pay the loan on the church in my area (which is roughly 30000$).. those money would make the difference and for the big companies
it's just nothing.. and I'm sure they were insured..

To be honest, for Apple this really is pocket change. You giving it back really won't do much to them. 

Yeah this is the equivalent of Tim Cook dropping a penny on the ground...

Wow that's pretty sad.

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.8GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus Gene VIII | GPU: EVGA 1080 SC | CASE: Silverstone TJ08-E | COOLER: Phanteks TC14PE | RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury | STORAGE: 250GB/1TB Samsung 850 Evo, XP941 256GB | PSU: 850W Seasonic X | MONITOR: Acer XB271HU | AUDIO OUT: Audio Technica M50X, AudioEngine D1 | AUDIO IN: Ant Lion Modmic 4.0 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm TK Brown | MOUSE: Corsiar M65 RGB

Its good to see honesty ruling the day sometimes as I bet 70% of people would just keep all of that for 6 months then open an Apple Store on eBay.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

My dads friend ships iProducts to Ukraine, and makes a killing since they're worth way more; I'd be able to sell all of them to him wholesale in 1 go.

As a law student, criminal law to be specific; I feel bad for you. You got a gift, and you're giving back the multibillion dollar companies shit they don't even need, nor care. They would not even notice they're gone. 90k is pocket change to amazon/apple.

Honestly I'd be extremely happy to receive this, and the idea of sending it back/calling would not even pop into my head. I've got two items instead of one before, and I'd file for a refund. Keep the extra + get my money back :P

Morals are for wussies. If it's legal on paper, that's all that should matter. Ethics and moralities are for the weak.

I'm sorry you called, would've sold them to some wholesaler. I'm sure 90k, even 30k wholesale does not mean anything to amazon -- but to you (even me) it's a significant amount of $$, and to just give it away is treason! 

Exactly man, they wouldn't miss it at all, and the likelihood of them tracking down the employee who made the mistake is slim to none. Giving it back was a big mistake. I understand why some people feel the need to bring morals into this, but damn they don't apply here! No one would have been hurt from this, and now the only person who has been hurt IMO is the OP, from losing out on a great Christmas present xD

The compensation all but proves how much they appreciated it :/

Oh you found our 90,000$?

Here, take 25$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well done for you honesty. Not a lot of people would have turned those in. I commend you for that. 

What I want to know is, how in the hell did this happen? It shouldn't have if there were shipping labels. Someone at Apple or UPS is going to get a stern word from their boss followed by a notice of employment termination. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I would have done a giveaway here lol.

But it may have lookied kind of shady, that some guy out of nowhere starts giving away stuff.

If I were to get those and if it was legal of me to keep them I would have kept them, 90K is nothing for Apple.

Also, this deserves to be on the WAN Show.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

950 user(s) are reading this topic

150 members, 797 guests, 3 anonymous users

lolololoololo

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Dude to be honest I don't think anyone would blame you if you kept the iPod's (okay that was a big lie, there's always people disregarding other peoples opinions) but in my opinion you're doing the right thing but the right thing isn't always the right way. How they sent you a $25 dollar voucher is absolute shit and I wouldn't even accept it (okay I probably would) it's almost as if they are mocking you "Yeah give us $90,000 worth of goods and we'll give you a $25 voucher".

I wanted to say this to let you know that you have the choice and power of what to do with the iPod's, so you don't feel bad for what you think is right despite all the negative comments coming your way from people who demand you should keep them or give them back.

I agree, I doubt apple or ups will say much if anything. Ive always had a distaste for apple (as i type this from an ipad air 2...) Being the greedy company they are. Either kudos to you for doing the right thing! Just remember, What goes around comes around. That $50 amazon credit may not be the only present you get. Even if the rest are far more indirect.

Apple isn't the only tech company to overcharge for their stuff.

I personally like the design of Macs and stuff but do kind of wish that they had the option for systems that were better for content creation even though that's their target audience.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

You did a good thing OP.Internet cookie for you.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

You did right thing. Its always easier to do what's right as opposed to keeping them and having to deal with whatever bs ensues afterwards.

Amazon put $50 on my account for my honesty when we thought it was theirs, but I have a feeling UPS and Apple won't say anything, but I'm okay with that. I feel good doing the right thing here. I could have kept them, no one would have ever known, but in the end, they weren't mine.

good job budy i would do he same thing i cant bilive that some pepole would keep them