UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

Holy hell! Someone is getting fired over this one! At least it showed up at your door and not someone on the less honest side of things. Something like that happened to me once, The company the package was meant for was so grateful they gave me an item off the pallet as a thank you. It was about $300,000 in gaming laptops. Made a sick birthday present for my buddy thats a little less fortunate on the pc side of things then myself xD

You should've sold 'em

I find it hard to believe this,

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

This was a package going from China to Canada, and somehow in Alaska, it decided to go to Kentucky, where it got my name on the box...somehow. lol There are 101 boxes with 6 iPod Nano 7th generations inside, for 606 iPods, at $150 each is... a lot of money. I first called Amazon to tell them they screwed up, but turns out, it was UPS.

For those wondering, I am contacting people to get it straightened out and no, I'm not "keeping" any of them, I'm giving it back to them as it was given to me, with the box slightly opened, because I thought it was for me.

You're in Texas. You're legally entitled to keep them

"Rawr XD"

Amazon put $50 on my account for my honesty when we thought it was theirs, but I have a feeling UPS and Apple won't say anything, but I'm okay with that. I feel good doing the right thing here. I could have kept them, no one would have ever known, but in the end, they weren't mine.

Glad it all worked out smoothly for ya

"Rawr XD"

Amazon put $50 on my account for my honesty when we thought it was theirs, but I have a feeling UPS and Apple won't say anything, but I'm okay with that. I feel good doing the right thing here. I could have kept them, no one would have ever known, but in the end, they weren't mine.

I agree, I doubt apple or ups will say much if anything. Ive always had a distaste for apple (as i type this from an ipad air 2...) Being the greedy company they are. Either kudos to you for doing the right thing! Just remember, What goes around comes around. That $50 amazon credit may not be the only present you get. Even if the rest are far more indirect.

To the OP, I commend your honesty!  Not many good people like you left in this world.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

Good call, karma is definitely a thing!

I'd probably do the same. Though, to be perfectly honest...knowing the kind of hand over fist money Apple makes, and the fact I dislike their business practices most of the time, I'd be awfully tempted to just keep it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Dude. $90,000. I would have kept that. But that's just me.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

its legal in his state.

I did a bit of research on it, and it's still not very clear to me. I believe I could have kept them if they intentionally sent it to me unsolicited, but if it's just an mistaken shipment, I couldn't. Though, again, I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, Apple would have gotten their money anyway (I'm sure these are insured), so it would have been UPS losing out and I kinda like UPS.

You are entitled to keep those... But I guess your morals might make you feel like shit for the rest of your life for doing it....

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Here is a tracking number for one of the boxes inside of the bigger box: http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?track=yes&trackNums=1ZV524826663468289&loc=en_us

And here is the tracking number on the box (Which is the same tracking number that was on a mattress I ordered, delivered at the same time): http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?track=yes&trackNums=1Z1Y70511364351160&loc=en_us

My mind is totally boggled at how this could have happened. There is nothing on the bigger box, except for two labels with my name and the tracking number on it and two labels that say "Pink Red #14", which I'm guessing is some kind of code name for what's in the box, but there's no other label to any other location, or any other name. The boxes inside say they are going to different Apple Stores in Canada, so how they ended up in Kentucky, where my mattress was is just so weird to me.

I did a bit of research on it, and it's still not very clear to me. I believe I could have kept them if they intentionally sent it to me unsolicited, but if it's just an mistaken shipment, I couldn't. Though, again, I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, Apple would have gotten their money anyway (I'm sure these are insured), so it would have been UPS losing out and I kinda like UPS.

Keep like 5 for a giveaway then  :P