UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

I mean... In the states you're legally allowed to keep those... 

No, you're not.

Don't worry dude, UPS and Apple may not appreciate you, but the good people of middle earth will sing songs of your great deeds

gandalf-quotes.jpg

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

I did a bit of research on it, and it's still not very clear to me. I believe I could have kept them if they intentionally sent it to me unsolicited, but if it's just an mistaken shipment, I couldn't. Though, again, I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, Apple would have gotten their money anyway (I'm sure these are insured), so it would have been UPS losing out and I kinda like UPS.

ups is generally 1 to 2 days early in my state I like them as well the had a whole build for my current rig and nobody was home so instead of me having to wait until Monday (it was about 6 pm Friday evening) they called and asked where they could put it. My opinion of them has been high since then.

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

I did a bit of research on it, and it's still not very clear to me. I believe I could have kept them if they intentionally sent it to me unsolicited, but if it's just an mistaken shipment, I couldn't. Though, again, I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, Apple would have gotten their money anyway (I'm sure these are insured), so it would have been UPS losing out and I kinda like UPS.

You may not be committing a crime to keep them (i'm 99% sure you would be), but you dam sure would lose the lawsuit. Plus it would be a felony charge :)

THIS THREAD IS A PARTY!!!!

ヽ(^o^)ノヽ(^o^)ノヽ(^o^)ノヽ(^o^)ノヽ(^o^)ノ

5a4a6f82afd536a4421ea1121d72e044.png

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

This was a package going from China to Canada, and somehow in Alaska, it decided to go to Kentucky, where it got my name on the box...somehow. lol There are 101 boxes with 6 iPod Nano 7th generations inside, for 606 iPods, at $150 each is... a lot of money. I first called Amazon to tell them they screwed up, but turns out, it was UPS.

For those wondering, I am contacting people to get it straightened out and no, I'm not "keeping" any of them, I'm giving it back to them as it was given to me, with the box slightly opened, because I thought it was for me.

Edit: I'm aware my address is visible in one of the pictures. I'm moving to a different part of the same town, so it's not a concern. :)

Edit again: Went ahead and removed the address.

Honestly theres nothing to do with that many ipods xD. Give them back and see if you get something in return :D

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I bet you moral nuts are against piracy too, and call it stealing.

Give them out on the forum!

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

You may not be committing a crime to keep them (i'm 99% sure you would be), but you dam sure would lose the lawsuit. Plus it would be a felony charge :)

but the thing is, there was a label address to his home. He cannot be sued because that mistake removes all liability.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

but the thing is, there was a label address to his home. He cannot be sued because that mistake removes all liability.

It's a federal offense to open somebody else's mail; since the shipping label CLEARLY states his name + address; they gave him a gift in the eyes of the law.

1) The lawsuit would cost way more than what amazon paid for the products

1a) If any lawsuit where to happen, it would be vs UPS, not him -- it is UPS's fault he got them. He got a gift, and it's not his problem.

I've learned a lot of law on customs, shipping, and all that; OP is fine; just a moral nut. Would make a terrible lawyer. 

IF the package had somebody else's name on it, then he could get in trouble IF they 1) found the package 2) he admitted to accepting the package ( You cannot be charged until you admit you got the package, scenario: You buy drugs online, they get seized, you get a letter saying you got a package seized, please sign to confirm it's yours and to go to court to contest it, if you don't sign the paper they cannot charge you with the drugs since they have no tangible proof it's yours. You can mail anybody drugs, doesn't mean the recipient wanted them. [went over this in a class])

No legal issues here, just moralfag.

The companies would have no problem letting you rot, but you're nice enough to give em 100k in merchandise for a 25$ gift card... I bet you walk around at work with your head down, saying yes sir to everything your boss tells you to do.

I don't see why it would be UPS fault if it was delivered to the adresse written on the waybill....

It does not, if he knows it didn't belong to him

It does not, if he knows it didn't belong to him

He did say that he thought it was his mattress... He even opened it to check, since it was similarly sized, and on the label it was written what was written.

It's a federal offense to open somebody else's mail; since the shipping label CLEARLY states his name + address; they gave him a gift in the eyes of the law.

1) The lawsuit would cost way more than what amazon paid for the products

1a) If any lawsuit where to happen, it would be vs UPS, not him -- it is UPS's fault he got them. He got a gift, and it's not his problem.

I've learned a lot of law on customs, shipping, and all that; OP is fine; just a moral nut. Would make a terrible lawyer. 

IF the package had somebody else's name on it, then he could get in trouble IF they 1) found the package 2) he admitted to accepting the package ( You cannot be charged until you admit you got the package, scenario: You buy drugs online, they get seized, you get a letter saying you got a package seized, please sign to confirm it's yours and to go to court to contest it, if you don't sign the paper they cannot charge you with the drugs since they have no tangible proof it's yours. You can mail anybody drugs, doesn't mean the recipient wanted them. [went over this in a class])

No legal issues here, just moralfag.

The companies would have no problem letting you rot, but you're nice enough to give em 100k in merchandise for a 25$ gift card... I bet you walk around at work with your head down, saying yes sir to everything your boss tells you to do.

I'm a former police officer, in Texas, not far from the OP actually. I would make an arrest in this case if I believed that he knew the item wasn't intended for him, which would be pretty obvious.  Doesn't mean you'll get a conviction but you would go to jail and go thru the system on it. So, yessir there's plenty of legal issue here, a felony too I believe.. Of course the OP is doing the right thing and a commendable person :)

Call aple maybe they let you keep one OR BETTER they give you a iMac comuter or a real ipod

Even if they come and get them back I think that you deserve some sort of compensation, because you could have just kept them and then you went out of your way to contact them wasting part of your precious personal time to help solve some corporate mistake. Ask for 10% of the value. (10% is the legal to get if you find anything in my country)

Even tho I dont agree what this guy did it will probably end up on a show like Ellen in the future. gg op

Pssh iPod Nanos are no good when you got an iPhone. Would've done the same thing by returning it to them and expecting a $10,000 reward or something. 

UPS is a pretty bad shipment source though. I prefer USPS or Fedex. UPS last time delayed the shipment of an iPhone 6 Plus, whereas USPS and Fedex never had any issues. 

You probly have a case to charge them storage and handling fees tho.. :P

Amazon put $50 on my account for my honesty when we thought it was theirs, but I have a feeling UPS and Apple won't say anything, but I'm okay with that. I feel good doing the right thing here. I could have kept them, no one would have ever known, but in the end, they weren't mine.

I think they will probably let you keep them apple, UPS and amazon don't care about $90,000

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor