UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

Apple isn't the only tech company to overcharge for their stuff.

I personally like the design of Macs and stuff but do kind of wish that they had the option for systems that were better for content creation even though that's their target audience.

Indeed they do. As much hate as i expressed towards apple in my previous post I do really enjoy my new ipad air 2. I would never have bought one myself so if i didnt get one for christmas i would have stuck to my nvidia shield tablet forever lol

Man, I read through this thing hoping to see you get more than $50 Amazon Gift Card + $25 UPS Gift Card out of it. What opportunities even are there to use a UPS gift card? Pretty much only to things that you'll ship out yourself?

Anyway, you did a good thing. Not sure I'd be able to do the same -- I'd like to think so, but who knows how I'd react in that situation.

$25 dollars?!?!?!?! FOR 90K!!!!!!!!!!

Yeeahhhhhh..... I would of emailed back and said Forget it.. My name and address is on the box it's nine. Good bye lol

I live in Canada... send them to me if they were coming here anyway ;)

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

ask if you can keep one

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

However all these companies couldn't care less about ethics.

From what I've heard UPS is horrible to work for. And Apple's treatment of employees in their factories isn't very good at all.

UPS is only good to you if you stay for a really long time or really need(and use) the benefits and willing to put up with bullshit. The overall pay is very low.

Apple doesn't actually own the factories, it's mostly Foxconn. Not much Apple can do about it because they must eventually answer to shareholders and both Apple and Foxconn knows Apple has nowhere else to go for production.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

wow that's awesome, not for the guy who is getting fired but that's awesome  

Can I have one please ?  :D

UPS is only good to you if you stay for a really long time or really need(and use) the benefits and willing to put up with bullshit. The overall pay is very low.

Apple doesn't actually own the factories, it's mostly Foxconn. Not much Apple can do about it because they must eventually answer to shareholders and both Apple and Foxconn knows Apple has nowhere else to go for production.

That's what I meant.

I know Foxconn has had some terrible reports in the past regarding employee treatment. 

Apple isn't one of my favorite companies to say the least.

System: Thinkpad T460

Surely would of been nice to get all those for free, would of been an awesome giveaway fest for a while lol.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Well done! I also would have given them back.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

How does "Canada" sound remotely like "Texas"..?

I would just like to say that what you just said gives me the impression you're a bit of a dick. Even if it is the right thing to do to return the iPod's (which I agree with btw) it is still rude to demand that he return them because it is the right thing to do. It's his choice what to do with them be it good or bad. But what really annoys me the most about this is that Vanderburg had said he intended to return the iPod's which should have been the first thing you read on the thread.

@Vanderburg you're a good man.

Sorry for giving you that impression. I read all the post, I just said "I hope..."

It's my opinion and way of thinking, sorry. If I buy something in a store and they give me back more money than they should I return it without thinking about it. I guess that's my parents fault.

In my opinion you shouldn't use or keep what's not yours, even if they shipped them to you by accident. I never said that he's pure evil, I just really hope that he returns every iPod Nano he recieved (not keeping any of them).

I'm just sharing my opinion, after all it all depends on him. Basically he can keep them, but it's kinda "immoral"

The big box, with all 101 smaller boxes are going back to them. I am not keeping anything.

Good for you :D I'm pretty sure that you're going to recieve better stuff than that just for beign honest.

Have a nice day!

Santa gave you a christmas present but you rejected it...such a shame! Just sell them for half price and make a 50K$ profit!

and they gave you only a 40usd gift card those cheap bastards :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I'm dying to say that I would keep and sell them, but I don't think I would - Props to OP for sorting it out, I hope whoever is responsible compensates you :P

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I mean... In the states you're legally allowed to keep those... 

I don't think you're right. I believe we are allowed to keep unsolicited items which are sent to us without our requesting them, not items that were sent to you by mistake.

So, if Apple were to send him one without his request he could totally keep it but an item delivered incorrectly and kept is known as "theft".

Source#1

39 USC Sec. 3009

-EXPCITE-

TITLE 39 - POSTAL SERVICE

PART IV - MAIL MATTER

CHAPTER 30 - NONMAILABLE MATTER

-HEAD-

Sec. 3009. Mailing of unordered merchandise

-STATUTE-

(a) Except for (1) free samples clearly and conspicuously marked  as such, and (2) merchandise mailed by a charitable organization soliciting contributions, the mailing of unordered merchandise or  of communications prohibited by subsection © of this section constitutes an unfair method of competition and an unfair trade practice in violation of section 45(a)(1) of title 15.

(b) Any merchandise mailed in violation of subsection (a) of this section, or within the exceptions contained therein, may be treated as a gift by the recipient, who shall have the right to retain, use, discard, or dispose of it in any manner he sees fit without  any obligation whatsoever to the sender. All such merchandise shall have attached to it a clear and conspicuous statement informing the recipient that he may treat the merchandise as a gift to him and has the right to retain, use, discard, or dispose of it in any manner he sees fit without any obligation whatsoever to the sender.

© No mailer of any merchandise mailed in violation of subsection (a) of this section, or within the exceptions contained therein, shall mail to any recipient of such merchandise a bill for such merchandise or any dunning communications.

(d) For the purposes of this section, "unordered merchandise" means merchandise mailed without the prior expressed request or consent of the recipient.

-SOURCE-

(Pub. L. 91-375, Aug. 12, 1970, 84 Stat. 749.)

Source #2

http://about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_021.htm

Such a small amount for saving them thousands? Dick move on their part if you ask me. I know that giving them back was the right thing to do but if can make money off of someone else's fuck up then I'd happily do it. In other words I would've probably sold them on ebay and had some new additions to my PC. 

No. You're wrong.

Nah I'm definitely right.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red