Thoughts on TripleTen

Hey all,

We recently had TripleTen reach out to us about possibly working together. 

They offer a coding bootcamp that upon looking at other places online seems to have landed some people careers without the same investment as university or college.

I'm just wondering if anyone from our team has any personal experience with their services as well.

*Please note that our team does our own research and testing around vetting sponsor products and services. However, we've found that soliciting feedback from the community can sometimes add something new to the conversation that we weren't aware of*

i've no idea about how decent they actually are.. but if this is the first hit on google when you google their address...

Get a Cheyenne Virtual Address at 1603 Capitol Avenue

past that, i'm not entirely fond of the idea that they essentially co-market getting a loan for your virtual education at a virtual school at a virtual address..

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i've no idea about how decent they actually are.. but if this is the first hit on google when you google their address...

past that, i'm not entirely fond of the idea that they essentially co-market getting a loan for your virtual education at a virtual school at a virtual address..

Hey, I'm not sure my information is matching this. I've googled their address from two accounts, and fresh from incognito, and have ssen the same result. 10 State St, Newburyport, MA 01950, United States.

Even punching that address back into google shows me an office building that TripleTen operates out of alongside other businesses.

Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

For the financing part, totally understand the concern, and this was something we had already brought up with them. They have a refund/non-payment policy for those that aren't hired within 6 months. Admittedly their are stipulations. This is why we are looking specifically for first hand accounts.

3 minutes ago, Other James said:

Hey, I'm not sure my information is matching this. I've googled their address from two accounts, and fresh from incognito, and have ssen the same result. 10 State St, Newburyport, MA 01950, United States.

i always google the address they state at the bottom of their website. i dont know where google got that address from, i just presumed google pulled some old data somewhere.

image.png.daa9a9bae86e590f04a3e536148aa861.png

As @manikyath said.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

3 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

image.png.daa9a9bae86e590f04a3e536148aa861.png

As @manikyath said.

(Just zoom in a bunch and it takes you there)
Well... it's certainly not no where.............................

Hi i was just curious dont mind me 🙂

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Looked at Reddit posts for TripleTen and saw a bunch of obvious shill accounts on Reddit promoting it. Just about every post about TripleTen is flooded with accounts in the comments "I used TripleTen and it's really great, they have a sale on right now for 30% with a discount code. DM me and I'll give you a code".

Hard to say if those accounts are TripleTen employees making the accounts or just people spamming referral codes. It looks like that 30% discount code is just standard 30% discount any time a referral code is used, with the referrer getting a $500 reward for signups with their referral code.

Subject to the terms and conditions in this policy, the Referral Program offers a 30% discount on any paid program provided by Company for the Referee (”Discount”), and a $500 one-time reward for the Referrer (“Reward”).

image.png

https://tripleten.com/about/regulatory-policies/

They're not accredited? But then they go on to say they are licensed by Wyoming department of education? Confusing. I can't find any way to verify that they're licensed by Wyoming Department of Education, I'm not sure if Wyoming has a list of accredited/licensed education providers available online.

I guess that is why they refer to their services as a coding "bootcamp" rather than any type of formal educational service. I can't speak for any knowledge you may gain from the program, but you won't get any degree or accreditation from completing their bootcamp. I can't see how much their bootcamp costs but it may be cheaper to just hire a personal tutor for a few months if you want to do your own independent learning. There's also a billion free coding guides and Youtube videos for people who are just looking to learn.

TripleTen repeatedly promotes a money back guarantee if you don't get a job within 6 months of completing their bootcamp, but looking over what is required to claim that money back guarantee I seriously doubt anybody actually manages to claim it. They also state that there is a minimum number of full time jobs you must apply to each week, but as far as I can tell they do not state what that number is in their policy. https://docs.tripleten.com/support/employment.html

20 minutes ago, manikyath said:

It is/was a Russian company (formerly Practicum owned by Yandex) that only fairly recently registered as a separate US based company, probably to avoid the recent negative stuff and sanctions. It's probably still operated out of Russia and only an American company on paper, which could explain why they don't have an actual office in USA and use a virtual address.

There's some conflicting information about TripleTen. TripleTen claims on their website that they've been in business since 2019 and that they have been awarded best bootcamp provider 5 years in a row, however their company was formed in October 2022 under the name EdTechPlus, which later renamed the company to TripleTen, Inc on October 4th 2023. Checking waybackmachine there's not much for the tripleten.com domain prior to 2023 except for some parked domain for sale pages.

3 minutes ago, Other James said:

The Wyoming virtual address is the address listed on TripleTen's website. Their LinkedIn page also says they're located in Wyoming, not Massachusetts.

The Massachusetts address Google is showing on the info card is the same address listed in their original business filings. TripleTen, Inc submitted notice of withdrawal in the state of Massachusetts on 22nd March 2024. TripleTen registered in Wyoming at the virtual address in October 2023, two weeks after renaming the company to TripleTen, Inc.

57 minutes ago, Other James said:

Even punching that address back into google shows me an office building that TripleTen operates out of alongside other businesses.

I can't see any photos of TripleTen having an actual business office there? When I google that address all I get is real estate results for a 1 bedroom residential apartment at that address.

Pretty simple mystery to solve, just have your contact take a photo of their office from outside on the street. There's gotta be an office somewhere where they're creating the learning plans and handling support and business operations. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if they actually have a US based office they work from and aren't operating in a foreign country pretending to be US based.

Before proceeding I'd like to see you get an answer for the following:

• Where is TripleTen based? Where are their physical offices based that they are operating from?
  • Are they operating as an independent company TripleTen or are they operating as Practicum (Yandex)?
  • Clarify and explain the claim that TripleTen has been operating for 5 years when they only registered as a business less than 2 years ago.
  • Are they an accredited educational provider in US?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Looked at Reddit posts for TripleTen and saw a bunch of obvious shill accounts on Reddit promoting it. Just about every post about TripleTen is flooded with accounts in the comments "I used TripleTen and it's really great, they have a sale on right now for 30% with a discount code. DM me and I'll give you a code".

Hard to say if those accounts are TripleTen employees making the accounts or just people spamming referral codes. It looks like that 30% discount code is just standard 30% discount any time a referral code is used, with the referrer getting a $500 reward for signups with their referral code.

image.png

https://tripleten.com/about/regulatory-policies/

They're not accredited? But then they go on to say they are licensed by Wyoming department of education? Confusing. I can't find any way to verify that they're licensed by Wyoming Department of Education, I'm not sure if Wyoming has a list of accredited/licensed education providers available online.

I guess that is why they refer to their services as a coding "bootcamp" rather than any type of formal educational service. I can't speak for any knowledge you may gain from the program, but you won't get any degree or accreditation from completing their bootcamp. I can't see how much their bootcamp costs but it may be cheaper to just hire a personal tutor for a few months if you want to do your own independent learning. There's also a billion free coding guides and Youtube videos for people who are just looking to learn.

TripleTen repeatedly promotes a money back guarantee if you don't get a job within 6 months of completing their bootcamp, but looking over what is required to claim that money back guarantee I seriously doubt anybody actually manages to claim it. They also state that there is a minimum number of full time jobs you must apply to each week, but as far as I can tell they do not state what that number is in their policy. https://docs.tripleten.com/support/employment.html

It is/was a Russian company (formerly Practicum owned by Yandex) that only fairly recently registered as a separate US based company, probably to avoid the recent negative stuff and sanctions. It's probably still operated out of Russia and only an American company on paper, which could explain why they don't have an actual office in USA and use a virtual address.

There's some conflicting information about TripleTen. TripleTen claims on their website that they've been in business since 2019 and that they have been awarded best bootcamp provider 5 years in a row, however their company was formed in October 2022 under the name EdTechPlus, which later renamed the company to TripleTen, Inc on October 4th 2023. Checking waybackmachine there's not much for the tripleten.com domain prior to 2023 except for some parked domain for sale pages.

The Wyoming virtual address is the address listed on TripleTen's website. Their LinkedIn page also says they're located in Wyoming, not Massachusetts.

The Massachusetts address Google is showing on the info card is the same address listed in their original business filings. TripleTen, Inc submitted notice of withdrawal in the state of Massachusetts on 22nd March 2024. TripleTen registered in Wyoming at the virtual address in October 2023, two weeks after renaming the company to TripleTen, Inc.

I can't see any photos of TripleTen having an actual business office there? When I google that address all I get is real estate results for a 1 bedroom residential apartment at that address.

Pretty simple mystery to solve, just have your contact take a photo of their office from outside on the street. There's gotta be an office somewhere where they're creating the learning plans and handling support and business operations. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if they actually have a US based office they work from and aren't operating in a foreign country pretending to be US based.

Before proceeding I'd like to see you get an answer for the following:

• Where is TripleTen based? Where are their physical offices based that they are operating from?
  • Are they operating as an independent company TripleTen or are they operating as Practicum (Yandex)?
  • Clarify and explain the claim that TripleTen has been operating for 5 years when they only registered as a business less than 2 years ago.
  • Are they an accredited educational provider in US?

I do have answers for one of the questions. They no longer operate as Practicum, as they separated from their Russian ownership. Primarily for the obvious reasons around things that were going on at that time. I've been told they operate out of the US. But since I'm also following up on the address concerns, sounds like it would be a good chance to ask about what operating out of the US means to them.

I can get confirmation regarding the registration period, but I had assumed it was associated with point one.

Thanks for putting this together. Still iffy on this one, but I do appreciate the thought out post. I'll put them to the grindstone a bit more. 

I did see reviews that weren't just referral farming. But that's why I wanted to come to our audience to see if there was someone here that had at least tried it.

4 hours ago, Hellowpplz said:

(Just zoom in a bunch and it takes you there)
Well... it's certainly not no where.............................

Hi i was just curious dont mind me 🙂

I can attest that there is literally nothing in Wyoming except wind.  Lots and lots of wind.

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

guess that is why they refer to their services as a coding "bootcamp" rather than any type of formal educational service. I can't speak for any knowledge you may gain from the program, but you won't get any degree or accreditation from completing their bootcamp.

Personally, I don't have much overlap with web technology (what they call software engineering).

What strikes me (looking at the curriculum) is that they are laser-focused on practical tasks/website building and completely ignore all the theory/computer science and mathematics that goes into software engineering.  If you want to be cynical and put it in negative terms: the bare minimum to get a job. Put it the other way, positively: They teach you what counts in the real world.

Will you get a job with this education? Very likely.

Is it comparable to a degree? No.

The interesting question is where do these people end up? Is it a dead end into an entry-level position or can people grow into higher paid positions with more responsibility.

People never go out of business.

52 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

The interesting question is where do these people end up? Is it a dead end into an entry-level position or can people grow into higher paid positions with more responsibility

the more i read the more it sounds like those off-license driving schools we have here... they teach you how to pass an exam, then drive a minivan full of students to the exam center, and the ones who pass get a bill. they dont really teach you how to drive though...

essentially, the business is to get you exactly to the point where you have to pay the bill.