This pen lets you draw every single colour in the world

This pen lets you draw every single colour in the world

Known as Scribble, the new technology lets you draw any colour in the world almost instantly.
The pen uses a 16-bit RGB colour sensor and scans real life items before creating a colour-matched ink

(I'd still say stop using paper and go digital and stop cutting down trees but whatever )

PicMonkey_Collagepen.jpg.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014-06-10_at_12.56.38_AM.jp

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Neat, but a new ink cartridge (as well as the pen) would probably cost as much as a Ferrari.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I remember seeing this like 2-3 years ago on 9gag or something.

I dont think it will be done in near future.

Neat, but a new ink cartridge (as well as the pen) would probably cost as much as a Ferrari.

well its probably printer ink expensive

well its probably printer ink expensive

To be fair, to replace a cartridge in my printer costs about the same as another one of those printers.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

To be fair, to replace a cartridge in my printer costs about the same as another one of those printers.

ok, so, it would cost at least the same as a color printer (for ink alone)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

That's because the included cartridges aren't 100% full. You get way more ink out of the ones that cost "as much as the printer itself".

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

That's because the included cartridges aren't 100% full. You get way more ink out of the ones that cost "as much as the printer itself".

Um... My new ones lasted just as long as the original ones...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

What type of printer are you using ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

HP has been using "starter/introductory" cartridges for the last five years or so on every inkjet, and in the past few years even some of the cheap laserjets have started to come with starter cartridges.

My Brother "business line" printer came with starters as well.

They contain about 1/3 or less the amount of ink of a normal cartridge, the starter toners are about half.

Source: I work on printers and copy machines for a living, primarily HP and Sharp. So there may be a HP inkjet out there that doesn't use starter cartridges, but I've never seen one and I see A LOT of them.

I would be more interested in a small sensor that plugs into my computer via USB, so that I can scan a color and use that in Photoshop or whatever.

That probably already exists though, and this is far cooler.

It's neat but I don't really see any practical use for it.

I should have used past tense words, now that I think about it.

But it was some Lexmark one I think.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I should have used past tense words, now that I think about it.

But it was some Lexmark one I think.

And the ink cartridge was the cost as the printer? I know the ink cartridge was expensive but not the same as the printer.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I have one of the Brother Color Inkjets, and the new cartridges last exactly as long as the originals. That said, ink should not cost this much! It's water, metal, and pigments which are able to be mass-produced by the kiloton!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I have one of the Brother Color Inkjets, and the new cartridges last exactly as long as the originals. That said, ink should not cost this much! It's water, metal, and pigments which are able to be mass-produced by the kiloton!

Mods dual account this person has two accounts, but nice I'm sure that the text is crisp very crisp.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Mods dual account this person has two accounts, but nice I'm sure that the text is crisp very crisp.

I'm not a dual-accounter. I just have an example from my own perspective as well.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm not a dual-accounter. I just have an example from my own perspective as well.

Sarcasm wasn't obvious ? and you are a dual-accouter if that's even a word 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Sarcasm wasn't obvious ?

<-- Has mild Asberger's Syndrome. Real life sarcasm is hard enough LOL!

Inkjets are basically Satan. 

If you know whats good for you, you would use solid ink.

Nah, I've seen laser jets set term papers on fire. I'll stick with something that doesn't require obnoxious cooling for the time being.

Nah, I've seen laser jets set term papers on fire. I'll stick with something that doesn't require obnoxious cooling for the time being.

The auto-ignition point of paper is over 400 degrees, no fuser gets near that hot. Even if something malfunctioned and it kept heating up, there are thermal fuses that will blow, after that the lamp isn't even capable of getting that hot. Also there is no form of cooling at all on laser fusers, if they had something cooling them it would just use more energy to heat it back up making it inefficient. 

If you honestly saw a laser printer on fire, then someone set it on fire...

With how cheap laser printers have become, there really is no excuse to use an ink printer anymore.

This sounds really cool. I don't think I would have the need for one since all my work is done on computers, but still, I want one anyway.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)