[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:59 AM, techswede said:

Family size done right

36cjjk8.jpg

Cut in in four parts equally for me and a few guests. Pieces are still larger than my face. 

What am I looking at? Is that a pizza with fries on it? 

On 9/27/2017 at 11:25 AM, JoeyDM said:

ik I'm responding to this a month late... But oh well.

No lie, I built up my heat tolerance by eating Savage Jerky. I started with a bag of Mojo Jalapeno and could barely eat one bite of it, now I can eat the whole bag no problem. Going to keep moving up in heat.

Yeah I mean the only way you build a tolerance to it is by eating it often and building it up. That being said, don't kill yourself by getting the hottest thing in the world all the time. Also I mean, food should be enjoyable as well so just add heat to taste and add more if you feel like you want more kick. 

Anywho, made some fish the other week. Nothing too fancy, just a piece of salmon and some baby potatoes. I made a sort sandefjordsmør sauce with it but I'm sure traditionalists probably wouldn't approve of my bastardized version. xD

uYoicCc.jpg

I've also gained too much weight this summer so I'm probably gonna have to cut back on making all this rich food and stick to salads haha. 

1 hour ago, Mutoh said:

What am I looking at? Is that a pizza with fries on it? 

Oh its so much more than that. Fries, Kebab, Ham, Kebab sauce and tomato sauce. It was glorious.

Eating it all on my own would've been a death sentence. But sharing with friends was alright. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

19 hours ago, techswede said:

Oh its so much more than that. Fries, Kebab, Ham, Kebab sauce and tomato sauce. It was glorious.

Eating it all on my own would've been a death sentence. But sharing with friends was alright. 

Oh man, talk about fully loaded haha. That sounds amazing.

16 hours ago, DarkMatterX1 said:

Random sampling of foods I cooked and ate

p7GYxdJ.jpg

6jpkbra.jpg

[/Img]

eP5eAMQ.jpg[/img]

Oh man, the fish and shrimp look absolutely stunning. I really gotta stop coming to this thread when I'm hungry LOL

• 2 weeks later...

McD Japan had some exclusive fries for Halloween last year. Not my pics

dsc01155.jpg.6ef0e19e2f2bc2580124b92f9d1fff86.jpg

036.jpg.a85b7170d0aba6460761a4938b9ea874.jpg064.jpg.304cd5e3c1ed17cd87c5ba6b1aeeea70.jpg082.jpg.7c40a7f1a5f28cf000e6c985cd1436a4.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

12 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

McD Japan had some exclusive fries for Halloween last year. Not my pics

dsc01155.jpg.6ef0e19e2f2bc2580124b92f9d1fff86.jpg

036.jpg.a85b7170d0aba6460761a4938b9ea874.jpg064.jpg.304cd5e3c1ed17cd87c5ba6b1aeeea70.jpg082.jpg.7c40a7f1a5f28cf000e6c985cd1436a4.jpg

Japan often does stuff like this for holidays and other random events. I really wanted to try the Mega Tamago and Teriyaki burgers for a long time.  xD

Anywho, did a bit of cooking last night and I whipped up a nice Bucatini all'Amatriciana. It was really good but my portion was a bit too much for me personally. Have some leftover ingredients from making it as well so I'll probably do another dish tonight. 

X7LzBpO.jpg

Had it with a nice glass of Gavi. 

• 1 month later...

Hey foodies, anybody still alive here? :P

Ended up trying a few new things last month to see how they turned out:

Made scallops for the first time. Nothing too fancy, just seared them and served them on some french bread with a lemon/garlic butter sauce. The dish was really light considering the richness of the sauce and it turned out pretty nice. I was worried that I'd overcook the scallops but I got them done right. 

8MWU9KU.png

Spoiler

Next dish was some risotto. I was thinking risotto would be a little bit more difficult considering how many people complain about it but it was actually relatively easy. What I did for this was cook a bit of pancetta and mushroom with some shallots and garlic. Once that was mostly done, I toasted some of the Arborio rice lightly, added the wine to stop the browning of the ingredients and reduced the wine. Then I added in the stock and once the rice was almost ready, I finished it off with a bit of manticare (I used butter and parmigiano reggiano) to really get a nice and creamy texture.

gdFoo0X.png 

I had some leftover risotto as well so I ended up using it to make some arancini (rice balls) and serving it with a simple salsa di pomodoro I made for some pasta the day before. This were pretty simple to make actually, just a bit of breadcrumb, egg and flour and you can make the balls. I stuffed these ones with a bit of provola though which added a nice richness to the center of them. 

xhztlxC.png

And finally, a boring steak dish I did. I basically saute'd some spinach in a bit of lemon and garlic and fired up some cremini mushrooms. The steak was just the eye of a Ribeye with the cap removed. Makes it look a bit like a filet but its a different cut. I was just gonna cook it on the stove top but I ended up reverse searing it instead to give me a bit of time to prep. I also made a chimichurri (Argentinian/Brazilian herb pesto kind of thing they serve on meats) to serve on top as well. I generally don't do that with better cuts of meat but I felt like it and it ended up pretty killer.

lKY0D2R.png

Anywho, I'm thinking this thread might be a bit more busy once Christmas dinners start getting prepared but in the mean time, have my mediocre food pics! :D

Omg, a food thread? Where has this been all my life. Now I have even more incentive to take pictures of the food I eat in public. :P

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

A slice of cake I had at a place called Extraordinary Desserts:

IMG_20170623_211614.thumb.jpg.a232bc3640ef7c121480f3b6ea481657.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

25 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 16.09.16.png

What is it?

20 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

A slice of cake I had at a place called Extraordinary Desserts:

IMG_20170623_211614.thumb.jpg.a232bc3640ef7c121480f3b6ea481657.jpg

That looks amazing. 

Also I shouldn't check this thread when I'm hungry :P

32 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

What is it?

You never know in our cafeteria tbh xD 

looks much better than it was haha. Basically rice with peanuts and some chicken

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Greek yogurt and yummy fruit with a nice view.

Snapchat-1239721792-1.thumb.jpg.401982475843227ea9cb027a1b4b7b99.jpg

19 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Greek yogurt and yummy fruit with a nice view.

Snapchat-1239721792-1.thumb.jpg.401982475843227ea9cb027a1b4b7b99.jpg

Oh man, smack dab in the middle of snow and freezing rain right now, I'd kill for a view and weather like that! :P 

Anywho , made some fish last week. Nothing too fancy, just a bit of tilapia in a white wine oil sauce. Tossed some herbs and some chili flakes in the sauce as well for a bit of kick. I was going to serve it on a bed of greens but my greens were lacking and I didn't have anything like spinach that I could've saute'd to serve with it. I just went for a potato instead. 

HchOjq0.png

Definitely not the best plating I've done (and the pairing is a bit funny too) but it was still good!

On 12/8/2017 at 1:25 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

This thread has become as long as a stack of thousand blins

Try the car thread, lol.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

No pictures but I made some seared fish after marinating in balsamic vinegar + lemon, then served it with lettuce, tomato, jalapeños and mayo and it was grrrrreat. And very spicy.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

16 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Try the car thread, lol.

Car thread isn't nearly as tasty though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Car thread isn't nearly as tasty though

*licks car battery* I would say it's got a very strong flavor :D

Spoiler

/is dead now because of the shock

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Energycore said:
  Reveal hidden contents

/is dead now because of the shock

Didn't think it would be that good, did you?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 8/23/2016 at 4:21 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

Good choice :D

i stumbled upon this thread back in...

8/23/2016.

i was hungry before finals yesterday, and so i ate sushi, and since there were no tables, i put the sushi plate on the floor of the main hall area and was just like eating sushi

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

16 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Didn't think it would be that good, did you?

I didn't think you'd be that good ;)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Best burger eva

EEEF3A6E-2B33-42CA-839B-75A6A60DD54D.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Nice little flank steak that I made last night with a bit of home made chimichurri:

JmdHb53.png

Definitely hit the spot! xD