[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

24 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

My favorite wine is now strange to me. My favorite candy has an odd tinge to it. Its just weird.

I'll get used to it eventually.  But man.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

And i bought a knife sharpener that looks sort of like this

2016-02-02+16.27.06.jpg

So now every knife in my kitchen is shaving sharp.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

15 minutes ago, techswede said:

My favorite wine is now strange to me. My favorite candy has an odd tinge to it. Its just weird.

I'll get used to it eventually.  But man.. 

Kinda weird, one would think tastes would just be enhanced.

11 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Kinda weird, one would think tastes would just be enhanced.

They are in some ways. But i guess its all the nuances of the flavors just being odd to me. 

Strawberry ice cream and licorice are the two things that are mostly enhanced.

Chocolate and beef are the ones that taste strangest. 

1 hour ago, techswede said:

They are in some ways. But i guess its all the nuances of the flavors just being odd to me. 

Strawberry ice cream and licorice are the two things that are mostly enhanced.

Chocolate and beef are the ones that taste strangest. 

Ahh, licorice is so nasty already imo, lol. Chocolate taste being different is a little shitty. I am inclined to to believe this is temporary though, hopefully you will adapt to the changes or return to normal slightly. Just a guess, no proof though. 

Just now, coolkingler1 said:

Ahh, licorice is so nasty already imo, lol. Chocolate taste being different is a little shitty. I am inclined to to believe this is temporary though, hopefully you will adapt to the changes or return to normal slightly. Just a guess, no proof though. 

How the fuck can a dutchman not like licorice o.O 

Its probably just that i'm used to not having functioning tastebuds. This too shall pass.

29 minutes ago, techswede said:

How the fuck can a dutchman not like licorice o.O 

Its probably just that i'm used to not having functioning tastebuds. This too shall pass.

I'm not natively/genetically Dutch, lol. Anyway, the taste makes me sick. 

I'm not natively/genetically Dutch, lol. Anyway, the taste makes me sick. 

*Eats Djungelvrål and glares*

Just now, techswede said:

*Eats Djungelvrål and glares*

No idea what that is, lol. 

No idea what that is, lol. 

Salty salmiak licorice.

20 minutes ago, techswede said:

Salty salmiak licorice.

Agh, nasty. Haha. 

Went full IKEA today

FRxDmV4.jpg

Because i couldn't be arsed to actually cook real food.

Mashed potatoes. (Mix) Meatballs (Store bought) Lingonberry jam (Store bought) Brown sauce (Mix) Yeah. I'm that lazy today.

6 hours ago, techswede said:

Went full IKEA today

FRxDmV4.jpg

Because i couldn't be arsed to actually cook real food.

Mashed potatoes. (Mix) Meatballs (Store bought) Lingonberry jam (Store bought) Brown sauce (Mix) Yeah. I'm that lazy today.

Man, looks fantastic.

I have to eat at a deficit every day to lose weight.

It gets old after a while but at least I went from 102kg to 83kg now.

This means the food I am allowed I value so much more, no more burnt pizzas for me, I just throw another one in for example and let the others eat the burnt one.

At least I am going out for sushi at the end of the month.

8 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Man, looks fantastic.

I have to eat at a deficit every day to lose weight.

It gets old after a while but at least I went from 102kg to 83kg now.

This means the food I am allowed I value so much more, no more burnt pizzas for me, I just throw another one in for example and let the others eat the burnt one.

At least I am going out for sushi at the end of the month.

Its like swedish cooking 101. First lesson. Here is something you can't mess up.

Are you exercising regularly?

Doctor-with-Tablet.jpg

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Its like swedish cooking 101. First lesson. Here is something you can't mess up.

Are you exercising regularly?

Doctor-with-Tablet.jpg

3x a week in the gym to retain any muscle mass and max my central nervous system strenght gains. (which I maxed out haha) + sort of cardio via mail delivery part time. It's about diet for 80% though.

Yeah your meal doesn't look hard to make at all there. :P

2 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

3x a week in the gym to retain any muscle mass and max my central nervous system strenght gains. (which I maxed out haha) + sort of cardio via mail delivery part time

Yeah your meal doesn't look hard to make at all there. :P

Then you're doing fine. Just checking that you weren't starving yourself without exercise. 

(I see so many people doing that and it frustrates the hell out of me.) 

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Then you're doing fine. Just checking that you weren't starving yourself without exercise. 

(I see so many people doing that and it frustrates the hell out of me.) 

Well to be fair, weight loss requires starving yourself, but in small amounts gradually.

Actually, fasting is 100% a-okay and starvation mode has been debunked. ;) (will affect muscle mass though)

My weight loss has been cause for a massive interest in anything biochemical and I researched this as a hobby (papers and what not).

Exercise is not the way to go for weight loss, diet is 80-90% of the battle, while there are many other variables, the one with the biggest impact will be the energy out> energy in equation.

I even do intermittent fasting. (meaning, I fast 16 hours or more, then eat my days allowance of calories in 1 meal, I like it better that way and science actually leans towards this having more favorable effects for fat loss, though meal frequency is largely irrelevant)

I definitely walked into the right wrong neighborhood... 

*hunger sets in*

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Well to be fair, weight loss requires starving yourself, but in small amounts gradually.

Actually, fasting is 100% a-okay and starvation mode has been debunked. ;) (will affect muscle mass though)

My weight loss has been cause for a massive interest in anything biochemical and I researched this as a hobby (papers and what not).

But it isn't something that a lot of people can stick with. Which is the problem.

I eat the same amount i usually do. But i know that if i eat a chocolate muffin i have to exercise to even it out. (As an example. I'm having that muffin right now)

Which keeps my mood good while i get out and exercise. I miss having a physically demanding job though. Didn't have to worry about what i ate back then.

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I definitely walked into the right wrong neighborhood... 

*hunger sets in*

Here is some disgusting liver to take that hunger away

AkfKBll.jpg

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

But it isn't something that a lot of people can stick with. Which is the problem.

I eat the same amount i usually do. But i know that if i eat a chocolate muffin i have to exercise to even it out. (As an example. I'm having that muffin right now)

Which keeps my mood good while i get out and exercise. I miss having a physically demanding job though. Didn't have to worry about what i ate back then.

The thing is, exercise HELPS and BURNS a decent amount, but you need to do a good amount of it. Nobody has time for that besides full time work or studying, or they do, but not the willpower to spend their free time on it.

Fasting is not what I do, I do intermittent fasting though which is saving your kcal for a feast of 1 or 2 meals and still sticking to your kcal budget. (so I don't have breakfast, lunch or snacks, but I go big on dinner for example and a good dessert afterwards)

See here to dispel the 'bro myth' about meal frequency for example (though one needs multiple papers and sources of course but there are plenty): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23404961

I'm going to shut up now, haha.

Here is some disgusting liver to take that hunger away

I don't mind liver. Mahshi, though... I really wish someone would have told me what it was as a kid. I've grown into it and love preparing a ton of them for the week's meals.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

The thing is, exercise HELPS and BURNS a decent amount, but you need to do a good amount of it. Nobody has time for that besides full time work or studying, or they do, but not the willpower to spend their free time on it.

Fasting is not what I do, I do intermittent fasting though which is saving your kcal for a big feast and still sticking to your kcal budget. 

Well yeah. If you want to look good you need to put in the time. I do quick workouts every morning and evening and i try to go for regular walks/runs 

That is with a steady job (For the most part. Past two weeks have been pretty lean) There is a surprising amount to be gained just through body weight exercises.

Combine that with a healthy diet. (Chocolate muffin not included) and i'm keeping my weight steady. Actually slightly increasing just through adding muscle mass.

I'm not putting down your method. what works for you is what you do. I'm just talking in general. Most of my friends try liquid diets and miracle cures.

And yet they sit still 98% of the day and complain about gaining weight. Meanwhile i'm beach body ready. (Although i did not make it to the fucking beach this year!) 

Most of my friends try liquid diets and miracle cures.

And yet they sit still 98% of the day and complain about gaining weight.

Hahaha, when will people learn there is no easy way out. Also those liquid diets are bad because I am assuming it's shakes, shakes and shakes of fruit.

Great. But your body wants protein as well and the liver will scream from all that glucose overload.

You are doing great because you are keeping at maintenance through exercise and a good diet, so you have no worries and your target weight/look!

7 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I don't mind liver. Mahshi, though... I really wish someone would have told me what it was as a kid. I've grown into it and love preparing a ton of them for the week's meals.

The taste was like a kick in the balls. But you do you. And you turned a negative into a positive which is good.