[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

I'm gonna be cooking up the first of my fancy fish and potatoes I bought later, but unfortunately Im an idiot and I forgot to buy any sauce.

Just salt and vinegar will have to do. Theres salad cream in the fridge, but its months old. I'll maybe try a bit to check if its ok first.

Edit, I didnt post my pics in this thread yet as I hadnt cooked it yet, but this is the fish in question:

6sOTOET.jpg

Both the less fancier Plaice & Baby Potatoes today, and then the fancier Salmon & Stuffed Potatoes tomorrow (date order of the fish).

Im still full from the pizza and massive sausage roll I finished over the last 3 days though, so it will still be few hours yet.

Oh, heres the sausage roll if you missed it:

0zMKS1R.jpg

Both the sausage roll and pizza were super yum, plus 1/4 of my favourite cake each day (well tart, but its better than any cake, pure creamy lemony curdy delight). I have half of the cake left to complement each fish dinner too.

3.30 pm and still not hungry, and all I had today was two hot cross buns for breakfast. Still too much sausage roll inside me :(

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

I'm gonna be cooking up the first of my fancy fish and potatoes I bought later, but unfortunately Im an idiot and I forgot to buy any sauce.

Just salt and vinegar will have to do. Theres salad cream in the fridge, but its months old. I'll maybe try a bit to check if its ok first.

Edit, I didnt post my pics in this thread yet as I hadnt cooked it yet, but this is the fish in question:

6sOTOET.jpg

Both the less fancier Plaice & Baby Potatoes today, and then the fancier Salmon & Stuffed Potatoes tomorrow (date order of the fish).

Im still full from the pizza and massive sausage roll I finished over the last 3 days though, so it will still be few hours yet.

Oh, heres the sausage roll if you missed it:

0zMKS1R.jpg

Both the sausage roll and pizza were super yum, plus 1/4 of my favourite cake each day (well tart, but its better than any cake, pure creamy lemony curdy delight). I have half of the cake left to complement each fish dinner too.

3.30 pm and still not hungry, and all I had today was two hot cross buns for breakfast. Still too much sausage roll inside me :(

That is a massive roll! I don't think I've seen one that size ever. xD

Anywho, I still have a decent amount of the raw flank from the other day so I have to use it before it goes off. Ended up making a nice beef risotto out of some for dinner last night:

1Exd0P5.png

Ended up chunking up some of the beef and mixing it with the arborio rice as well as kept a few strips to lay on top. It was super good. 

Today, I'm gonna try to use the rest of it so I'll probably do some quesadillas for lunch and then I might do some cheesesteaks for dinner. I'm kind of tired of fancy stuff this week.

I made fish dinner number 1:

fdYanlK.jpg

Nii0kJE.jpg

I ate it all, and got rather overstuffed. Unfortunately though the Salmon for tomorrow isnt even half as much fish and was almost twice the cost (good Salmon is crazy expensive).

Linus is my fetish.

Looks like quite the spread!

Cheesesteak anybody?

cauAH1a.png

Ended up finally finishing the flank off with this. Nothing too fancy, just your basic cheesesteak with a whole grain mustard and horseradish aioli I mixed up for a spread. Was good eats. :P

WTF This salmon was ready to eat?????

jabqlKK.jpg

But the potatoes take 40 minutes to cook!

I... must ... wait ... for ... precious ... taters!

>Gordon Ramsey voice< IT LOOKS FUCKING RAW!!!!'

Linus is my fetish.

Well, yeah it's smoked salmon. xD

Potatoes are definitely something you want to be starting earlier in your prep since they tend to take a bit longer. You could probably cut them into smaller chunks and cook them quicker in a pan but that's a lot of effort for something that looks to be mostly pre-prepped.

25 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Well, yeah it's smoked salmon. xD

Potatoes are definitely something you want to be starting earlier in your prep since they tend to take a bit longer. You could probably cut them into smaller chunks and cook them quicker in a pan but that's a lot of effort for something that looks to be mostly pre-prepped.

OMG it was the tastiest most amazing fish ever! But its £4 just for a tiny thin slice of perfect Salmon, not something one can eat everyday without running out of money :(

I actually did put it in the oven for the last 3 minutes just to warm it up:

xUX8Ov8.jpg

T8yA0K2.jpg

I noticed to turn all the potatoes with the hole facing up so most of the butter stayed inside, then drizzled what fell into the foil container over the fish.

But my god, £4 for such a thin slice of the most perfect tasting salmon ever. And you can tell that cheaper 'salmon' is the pink dyed fake salmon when you compare the colour of the expensive ones to it.

I was too full for the cake though. Well I also was yesterday, but that was my favorite cake so I still ate it, this is bland cheap madeira cake. I'll finish it for breakfast tomorrow.

Linus is my fetish.

I am weak, I bought more expensive fish:

93wMaKs.jpg

But also cheaper pasta instead of other meats. Although these are top branded pastas and sauces, they were all on offers making them a nicer buy than budget brand crap.

They didnt have the Salmon with black pepper this time though, and they charge the same for this one without it. Just adding black pepper on top isnt the same as it wont have had time for the fish to absorb the flavour.

Linus is my fetish.

Chicken and Bacon pizza with sweet barbeque sauce (Sorry I started eating it before remembering to take a picture, was hungry):

oEUyBLj.jpg

ds4mdNM.jpg

It was amazing.

Linus is my fetish.

Got a gyro with french fries. ?

20180215_140700.thumb.jpg.da8963ca9b1986ee8d10bb08c1658087.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Well foodwise, yeah I like Donairs and Shwarma's because its low in bread carb's and its delish. Getting sick and tired of Subway but they are everywhere and I go just for their drinks (Dr Pepper and Soda Water), but I prefer Mr. Sub because the owner works there and I support him moreso then Subway franchisee's who I got no idea who owns them. I like to spread my pallette as well, but I am too cheap.

1 hour ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Got a gyro with french fries. ?

20180215_140700.thumb.jpg.da8963ca9b1986ee8d10bb08c1658087.jpg

Looks lush! Could go for a nice gyro and garlic potatoes now.

Had some pork leftover so I decided to cook it up in a pan and have some home fries on the side. I was going to make a nice pan gravy for it but unfortunately I was out of broth so I had to skip it. Still ended up pretty nice. Seasoned it with some salt, pepper and a bit of Herbes de Provence. Did the potatoes with some salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, granulated garlic and onion. The paprika is mostly for the color but the rest is where the good stuff happens :)

ccywDyU.png

Made some lobster tails last night. Had them with a bit of local wine and they were super good. A lot quicker to prepare than I expected but it was a bit of a pain getting it all out of the shell to cook it xD

7wNFqqN.png

I think next time, I'll try my luck at crab and see how that turns out :)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Supportsneedlove said:

What is up with peanut butter?

I don't know, what is up with it? Do you not like it or something or does peanut butter in general confuse you? :D

On 8/3/2018 at 5:37 PM, Mutoh said:

I don't know, what is up with it? Do you not like it or something or does peanut butter in general confuse you? :D

How can it be butter if it's made of peanuts?

for any vegetarians there: 

did any of you become vegetarian all of a sudden, like within a month's time you just lost interest in meat?

i am starting to worry that this is what happened to me. 

like my stomach just starts to protest anytime I eat "ä certain amount of" meat. 

like occasionally eating some burgers is fine, but pizza and some stewed meat? nah, I'll give you hell if you eat those, cook some broccoli and call it a day. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Coke and pasta , caesar salad, tom yum soup and some potatoes. IMG_0891.thumb.JPG.77c91343dd15d3a15895cfbda4079b3d.JPG

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Do you eat any other meals? I mean if all you eat is a bag of chips and soda, youll be skinny (and probably malnourished to boot)

Im a beanpole but Ill crush a 32oz steak easy if im hungry. 

Love this channel.

Recently discovered the joy of grilling bratwurst. Muuuch better than plain old hot dogs.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs