[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

I always longed for some asian chef knifes... but they are not that easy on the caring for... 

when ceramic knifes were the hype I got one small for veggies... what to tell, they are not that great, and fragile... drop it onto a hard floor and good bye knife, hello razor sharp shards... 

There is a really good knife brand for chefs here in germany called "F. Dick" ... but the good one you shell out a three digit amount of euros and even more. But well dang those are good... used to work with them in the restaurants kitchen.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Just now, Anghammarad said:

"F. Dick"

Really... lmao

Just now, coolkingler1 said:

Really... lmao

Yes... better than Zwilling :)

https://www.dick.de/

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Just now, Anghammarad said:

Yes... better than Zwilling :)

https://www.dick.de/

Yeah it's just the name... 

Yeah it's just the name... 

same with Cocktail... 

translated into german it is schwanzschwanz ... or cockcock... 

Main System:

5 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

I always longed for some asian chef knifes... but they are not that easy on the caring for... 

when ceramic knifes were the hype I got one small for veggies... what to tell, they are not that great, and fragile... drop it onto a hard floor and good bye knife, hello razor sharp shards... 

There is a really good knife brand for chefs here in germany called "F. Dick" ... but the good one you shell out a three digit amount of euros and even more. But well dang those are good... used to work with them in the restaurants kitchen.

Man my collection would be complete if i could get F.Dick knives and Kuken air tools

ieilf0Ee_400x400.jpeg

kuken.jpg

Kuken literally means "The cock" in swedish.

4 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Really... lmao

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Is it like a thing to have it translate into something funny in the kitchen knife industry?

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Man my collection would be complete if i could get F.Dick knives and Kuken air tools

ieilf0Ee_400x400.jpeg

kuken.jpg

Kuken literally means "The cock" in swedish.

a cocktastic household then *runs*

Main System:

2 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

a cocktastic household then *runs*

Imagine telling the guests at a dinner that you sliced all the ingredients with a dick. 

And i love the pneumatic air tools from Kuken. I want one of their impact guns so bad.

So that next time i help someone switch wheels i can say

"Jag drog åt hjulmuttrarna med kuken"

"i tightened the lug nuts with my cock"

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Imagine telling the guests at a dinner that you sliced all the ingredients with a dick. 

And i love the pneumatic air tools from Kuken. I want one of their impact guns so bad.

So that next time i help someone switch wheels i can say

"Jag drog åt hjulmuttrarna med kuken"

"i tightened the lug nuts with my cock"

makes me think about Tenacious D, The Pick of destiny... "... deactivated lasers with my dick..." 

Main System:

And once again on the topic of knives. The best skill to master early is chopping ingredients. 

Just something as simple as chopping an onion when you know how to do it quickly

saves sooo much time. Tried to find a good example And of course it ended up being Ramsay.

It frees up tons of time during the whole cooking process. 

I can't believe i wasted money on a dicer when i was just starting out. 

I'll try to find it tomorrow. Can't find any good examples of it online. 

And once again on the topic of knives. The best skill to master early is chopping ingredients. 

Just something as simple as chopping an onion when you know how to do it quickly

saves sooo much time. Tried to find a good example And of course it ended up being Ramsay.

It frees up tons of time during the whole cooking process. 

I can't believe i wasted money on a dicer when i was just starting out. 

I'll try to find it tomorrow. Can't find any good examples of it online. 

Better than it being Ramsay Bolton.

Better than it being Ramsay Bolton.

I miss him so much.. Iwan Rheon was great as Ramsay. 

He would most likely have had someone chop the onions for him. reek most likely

I miss him so much.. Iwan Rheon was great as Ramsay. 

He would most likely have had someone chop the onions for him. reek most likely

And maybe some pork sausage. what, do you think he is some sort of savage?

And maybe some pork sausage. what, do you think he is some sort of savage?

Man now i'm craving some Medisterpølse.. 

Man now i'm craving some Medisterpølse.. 

Bratwurst? 

1 minute ago, coolkingler1 said:

Bratwurst? 

Its like the bratwurst's northern spicy relative. Served with potatoes and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_sauce_(meat_stock_based) 

and some red cabbage 

R%C3%B8dk%C3%A5l_(Danish_red_cabbage).jp

It is one of my favorite dishes. I mostly make it around christmas. 

Its like the bratwurst's northern spicy relative. Served with potatoes and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_sauce_(meat_stock_based) 

and some red cabbage 

R%C3%B8dk%C3%A5l_(Danish_red_cabbage).jp

It is one of my favorite dishes. I mostly make it around christmas. 

You're trying to undermine my weight loss efforts secretly huh. I got my eye on you. 

You're trying to undermine my weight loss efforts secretly huh. I got my eye on you. 

On the contrary. I am trying to strengthen your resolve by increasing your tolerance for hunger 

wnod.gif

On the contrary. I am trying to strengthen your resolve by increasing your tolerance for hunger 

wnod.gif

You're a funny man. 

2 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

You're a funny man. 

How i'm imagining you said that

tumblr_or8cp2te5Z1svpp7to1_400.gif

How i'm imagining you said that

tumblr_or8cp2te5Z1svpp7to1_400.gif

That is literally what I thought of and I hoped you would get it and you did!

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy folks! Who is hungry for pork chops?

gQ9ajJM.jpg

Made some last night with a bit of salt, pepper, fresh rosemary and time. Browned it first in a pan and then finished it off in the oven. Potatoes were roasted with chunks of bacon and some leftover rosemary as well. :)

Family size done right

36cjjk8.jpg

Cut in in four parts equally for me and a few guests. Pieces are still larger than my face. 

On 8/23/2016 at 9:07 PM, terrytek said:

dude i don't know how to build heat tolerance. i can eat a jalapeno, i can squirt about a tablespoon of sriracha and stand that, but anything spicier gets crazy hot to handle.

ik I'm responding to this a month late... But oh well.

No lie, I built up my heat tolerance by eating Savage Jerky. I started with a bag of Mojo Jalapeno and could barely eat one bite of it, now I can eat the whole bag no problem. Going to keep moving up in heat.