Ubisoft Blames AMD for performance issues in AC: Unity

jameyscott

hey ubisoft

Snipped excessive chain of GIFs

—Mod Glenwing

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm sure M$ is behind this one.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Fuck UBISOFT...

AMD should however release Mantle for consoles and just make it so game devs have to ask AMD for permission to use it then just deny UBISOFT...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

"rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available."

If you look at it from a rational and non-biased point of view, there's nothing in there that says "It's AMD's fault". There's been early-access games that have said similar things like this (Warframe being an example, since they had an issue with PhysX way back when and worked with Nvidia to resolve it) and no one interpreted it as blaming the vendor. It's a bug that didn't get squashed during alpha/beta.

Their statement tries to suggest that the performance problems are related to using AMD hardware, when in reality the entire PC platform is experiencing the problems.  Hence, "it's because you're using AMD stuff" is the implied message which is clearly not the case, when the problems are really coming from their sloppy programming.

I'm seriously afraid that the forum members in this thread might drown from all the fluids of their circlejerking.

that aside, mantle can easily handle 100.000 draw calls (mantle master race). I guess they could not implement mantle, when the game uses the horrible gameworks, if ubi does not have access to the source.

either way, Microsoft needs to get their asses in gear and release dx12 already.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Wow. I mean, I want to meet the person who makes the call on these PR statements. I mean, I wouldn't even be angry, I'd just be genuinely curious, how someone so incredibly stupid, could possibly obtain a job like that.
Remember kids, if Ubisofts PR can get a job, anyone can.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

50,000 is extremely high for DirectX 11, for context CRYENGINE's recommended maximum drawcall count is 2000 (on the low graphics preset). In my CRYENGINE projects I tried to never push it past 5000 or so. GG Ubisoft.

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

Doesn't it run like ass on Nvidia hardware as well? So ubisoft is the one to blame here.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Ubisoft, just go and die please. Dig your grave faster.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Why do I get shitty performance with Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU then UBISOFT?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Remember when EA was sued because of the disappointing state of BF4? Where are the people? Why is nothing happening yet?

If Ubisoft keeps on delivering bad results and unfinished games, solutions must be undertaken.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

you don't want to hear it, and i don't want to say it  :lol:

Remember when EA was sued because of the disappointing state of BF4? Where are the people? Why is nothing happening yet?

If Ubisoft keeps on delivering bad results and unfinished games, solutions must be undertaken.

EA did mantle work, fix all bugs, and make cookies for all (mmm cookies)  ^_^

Ubisoft are you for real? sure blame the people that truly innovate. The people that have always delivered raw horsepower in graphics. Not nvidia because you know game optimizations through game works which is cheating.

Ubisoft you know what, please make a custom computer that looks nice and beautiful made out of aluminum with all the specs you deem worthy of playing your games and then sell it. Sell them in the thousands and millions then I may sign up because this is a load of bull.

I bought a 770 for crying out loud. this is unacceptable. I should have bought a 780 cos Clearly a 770 isn't enough to run as it is your minimum settings supported. I thought BF4 was demanding but I was wrong, :(

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Because nvidia is about game optimizations. AMD is about raw horsepower. About Intel I really don't know why my i5-4570 doesn't deliver. honestly when playing BF4 I always get 100% CPU usage. I wanted to buy an FX 8350 and a 280X but my friend said I shouldn't. This was my first build and my first computer.

In the future I will be buying AMD'S NEW 8 CORE APUS AS I'VE HEARD THAT THEY WILL BE NICE.

As for gpu I will wait for AMD radeon R9 480X or 490.I bought my build in July and yet it feels like I'm running 2 year old hardware even though it has been 4 months.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

"rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available."

If you look at it from a rational and non-biased point of view, there's nothing in there that says "It's AMD's fault". There's been early-access games that have said similar things like this (Warframe being an example, since they had an issue with PhysX way back when and worked with Nvidia to resolve it) and no one interpreted it as blaming the vendor. It's a bug that didn't get squashed during alpha/beta.

Surely not. The point of this is, however:

A lot of people that are playing on pure Intel/NVidia based setups are having the same issue. Even if it's not really blaming AMD as such - it's still trying to search for someone else other than themselves to blame. This is PR-strategy more than anything else. Instead of doing absolutely nothing they went with "We're aware that there are problems on some machines" instead of admitting that it's a major mess.

Pointing out this PR-move of Ubisoft is a valid thing and needs to be pointed out. Whether they're blaming AMD or not - can't say. But you can also be sure that they wouldn't have been able to say: "All AMD's fault!!11"  -  this PR-Statement they released on their forum is the closest they can get to blaming AMD .

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

yeah, i taped up the image on my shirt that said "Ubisoft just keeps on digging" and " I'm anti-Ubisoft, but i'm pro  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

YUS!!! I'M ADVANCING IN THIS WORLD!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Really Ubisoft? This claim could effect AMD's reputation. If I was AMD I would possibly go after them in court for potential damages.

I also love the fact that they are blaming AMD when AC:Unity is a NVIDIA GAMEWORKS Title. This is a partnership with Nvidia. Didn't AMD also get a lot of flack for Watch Dogs for optimisation? And what a supprise, that was a NVIDIA GAMEWORKS Title also. I think I see a pattern emerging here.

GG Ubisoft. I know this GIF was poster earlier on, but it's the truth and the truth needs to be seen.

Q3OjVSu.gif

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

When milking runs out...

kIicRdO.jpg

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Read the article mate. Ubisoft isn't actually blaming AMD. It's clickbait.

We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin's Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations. This should not affect the vast majority of PC players

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41110/ubisoft-is-blaming-amd-for-assassin-s-creed-unity-s-poor-performance/index.html

We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin's Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations. This should not affect the vast majority of PC players

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41110/ubisoft-is-blaming-amd-for-assassin-s-creed-unity-s-poor-performance/index.html

I agree with you in that I don't think he was blaming AMD for all PC problem but ffs; he should have clarified what he meant a bit more. That is an ambiguous statement and you'd think some in PR would know a little better.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

They were sued by investors who said they were misled by EAs per-release marketing for BF4, causing them to lose money on EA shares. Ubisoft shareholders could try, but the group that sued EA lost so they wouldn't stand much of a chance.

Why is ubisoft acting like a bunch of 12 year olds..your game is broken fix It so I can play

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

if the draw calls were the problem, i d like to see AMD mantle's on this game. I know everyone is piss right now, but i will say had this game be polish it would be amazing, it looks really alive, the atmosphere is great, it has good light effects, and this comes from someone doesnt even like AC games.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, i absolutely love the work they have done with the recreation of the French revolution, turn the game to ultra and look at the details for one second. Its really beautiful... too bad they didnt put that much effort in the optimization. Also, i hope to see this level of ambition, when we have DX 12 so it can handle the draw calls