Ubisoft Blames AMD for performance issues in AC: Unity

jameyscott

That might have been slightly believable if didn't also run terribly on Nvidia as well.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

if the draw calls were the problem, i d like to see AMD mantle's on this game.

That will not happen because Ubisoft has a contract with Nvidia.

They should have worked around the limitations of directX11. The draw call limitation is not a surprise, everybody in the industry knows about it.

Ubisoft has recanted their previous statement and admitted it's not an AMD issue

"We apologize for any confusion and want to be clear that we are working with all of our hardware partners to address known issues that exist across various PC configurations,"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-unity-dev-working-furiously-to-fi/1100-6423611/

How about #stealfromUbisoft

You didn't hear this from me.

Actually stealing from them is almost the same as saying "I like what you are doing. Keep on good work but excuse me for my lack of money". Boycotting is the right thing to do. Not buying and not stealing.

I hope whatever they're doing, they should have the option to reduce the number of callbacks, I'd be happy with less things happening in exchange for smoother gameplay, seriously, maybe (just maybe) if they had done better plannings, they should've seen this coming, what's with that? Who oversee the limitation of current systems in the development circle should really get a serious whack, and also the suits who tell them "Do it anyway".

On the other hands, I think NVidia better do something, if Ubisoft keeps this up, it'll ruin their "reputation" one day.

Actually stealing from them is almost the same as saying "I like what you are doing. Keep on good work but excuse me for my lack of money". Boycotting is the right thing to do. Not buying and not stealing.

OR!... just OR! (and also maybe), go to a retail shop, steal the game physical copies, go to Ubisoft's HQs and offices and break the discs right in front of them.

That was a joke, though, but I think that's a good image of how frustrated people could be since they screwed this up baaad.

I pissed off a lot of console gamers by wearing that picture on my shirt to school one day......

respect!

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

help!! i ran out of popcorn!! I need more popcorn!!!

I really Hope The Division / Farcry 4 has all these same issue.. they need to suffer horrible losses before they learn from their mistakes and restructure into a better company

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

The headline is sooooo missleading. Ubisoft isn't blaming AMD for anything, they're just saying that the game has problems on AMD hardware and that Ubisoft and AMD are working for a fix.

It's true that they don't mention anything about the issues on other platforms but then again, this is a couple sentence long forum post. They are probably consentrating on AMD on this particular post.

Glad AMD stated the truth in a big FUCK YOU to Ubisoft

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

But then why are Nvidia cars getting bad performance too?

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Not sure here but if the game would support AMD's Mantle  there would be no bottleneck?!? (at least on AMD graphic cards)

Poor bastards...in the age of internet they will keep getting slapped around until they finally realizes they should fire the people who comes up with these horrible and unbased excuses.

The base of the problem being of course poor scheduling of the AAA release on multiple platforms. Look at Rockstar Games and GTA 5. The PC version is scheduled to come couple months later. Good approach for a AAA title by a AAA developer.

This is a problem that can happen more so when the company is on stock market. They will try to hold on to the release date as hard as they can. And they're ok with "it will be fixed in v1.1...". If they reschedule they will f**k up their income forecast…thus f**k up their stock value.

Note: The stock value fell some recently but their value is up since the begging of the year… L

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=UBI.PA+Interactive#{%22range%22%3A%22ytd%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22}

Sigh... Im running out of ubisoft jokes...

Personal computer master race