wifi

Hi I have a fast wifi the best i hit is 1.1 gbps and now i am getting 100 Mbps at best. what could have happend .

Can you move your computer closer and plug a cable directly between the router and computer and test the speed there please 馃檪 Just to get some information to help find where the problem lies.

How is your network set up? Single router? Mesh System? Access Points?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: 聽Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1:聽Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2:聽Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

On 5/9/2024 at 12:54 AM, TylerD321 said:

Single my mb got replace because it broke聽https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DudeSquad999/saved/GdbZ23

my Wi-Fi card doesn't work and bluetooth card聽

On 5/9/2024 at 12:54 AM, TylerD321 said:

i use a wifi booster/point and plug my Ethernet cord to it and i use a cat 8 cord

and i took the motherboard wifi card and put it back in and the Bluetooth and wireless WiFi card聽

Hi I have a fast Wi-Fi the best I hit is 1.1 gbps, and now I am getting 90 Mbps at best. What could have happened. I have a cat 8 cable and a Wi-Fi point that's where I plug my cat 8 cord. I took my onboard Wi-Fi card off and put it back in. Also, my Bluetooth isn't working, maybe the card. Would could I do.聽My current build

This is very difficult to follow.聽

What router/access point do you have? Is the PC you're using for this testing connected wirelessly or with a wire? You keep saying "CAT 8 cord" but then "Wifi" interchangeably so I cannot figure out which you're talking about.

CAT8 spec cable (is that spec even finished?) is a little suspect, CAT5e is more than capable of Gigabit speeds. Hopefully that's a quality item.

i just got the cat 8 i had a 5e

On 5/14/2024 at 6:40 PM, GuiltySpark_ said:

What router/access point do you have? Is the PC you're using for this testing connected wirelessly or with a wire? You keep saying "CAT 8 cord" but then "Wifi" interchangeably so I cannot figure out which you're talking about.

CAT8 spec cable (is that spec even finished?) is a little suspect, CAT5e is more than capable of Gigabit speeds. Hopefully that's a quality item.

wire

On 5/14/2024 at 6:40 PM, GuiltySpark_ said:

the point is in the basement and router upstairs聽

So you're wired, ok. You keep saying Wifi but understand that Wifi refers specifically to wireless local networking. If you're using a wire, its not wifi.聽

Can you remove this new "cat8" cable and put your old cable back in place? Does anything change?聽

There are more complicated and specific questions we could ask but given your knowledge level we'll need to go slow here.

i just would like to under satnd why my wifi sppeds suck and what i cand do to fix it and the bluetooth card

13 minutes ago, DudeSquad11 said:

i just would like to under satnd why my wifi sppeds suck and what i cand do to fix it and the bluetooth card

We don't know, but again you are confusing wired and wireless. What bluetooth card do you have?聽

20 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

We don't know, but again you are confusing wired and wireless. What bluetooth card do you have?聽

you're getting confused i am saying when wired it is 80mps and the wireless on board card isn't working or being found and. the on board Bluetooth is being found but not working聽

Hi I have a fast wifi/Ethernet the best I hit is 1.1 gbps, and now I am getting 80 Mbps at best. What could have happened. I have a cat 8 cable and a Wi-Fi point that's where I plug my cat 8 cord. I took my onboard Wi-Fi card off and put it back in. Also, my Bluetooth isn't working, maybe the card. Would could I do.聽My current build

1 hour ago, DudeSquad11 said:

you're getting confused i am saying when wired it is 80mps and the wireless on board card isn't working or being found and. the on board Bluetooth is being found but not working聽

1) A WIRED connection uses a wire. It goes to a router or access point (likely what your ISP provides in your case) with a physical cable. It's WIRED.

2) A WiFi connection has NO wires between you and the router/access point/ISP device, there is a lack of cable.

3) You removed your onboard Wifi card by disassembling your motherboard and put it back, well that tells us next to nothing. Did you actually connect the little wires back up properly or not?

4) You're saying you have a wireless wired cord between you and some device but provide no details. Let that sink in a bit, you're wireless card has a wired connection. That makes no sense.

You have an ethernet port were you plugged in a likely junk cable that is likely the cause of all these issues. Get a quality Cat6 or Cat6a cable that's not CCA/Copper Clad Aluminum and try again with that.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Why exactly do you have a Cat 8? That is beyond pointless. Cat 5e can handle 2.5 gbps, Cat 6a 10, why did you go with 8? That itself can cause issues.

Generally speaking 1 Gigabit internet= 80 Megabytes per second download speeds. it goes up to 120, but usually you are gonna be in the range of 60-85 Megabytes.

ok i know my dad got it for me

*** Threads merged ***

Please do not repost same topic multiple times. You get better help by answering to questions asked. If English is not your first language, you may get better help on some other forum that uses your native language.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Why exactly do you have a Cat 8? That is beyond pointless. Cat 5e can handle 2.5 gbps, Cat 6a 10, why did you go with 8? That itself can cause issues.

Generally speaking 1 Gigabit internet= 80 Megabytes per second download speeds. it goes up to 120, but usually you are gonna be in the range of 60-85 Megabytes.

no the best i got is 1.1 gbps

5 minutes ago, DudeSquad11 said:

no the best i got is 1.1 gbps

Yes, you have to remember Bits and bytes are different. 1 Gigabit = 125 Megabyte. For the most part its going to be between 60-90 Megabyte per seecond download, with some of the better servers handling the full 100-125 Megabytes depending on traffic, usage in your area etc.

8 megabits = 1 Megabyte.

Posted (edited)

< removed by moderation >

Wi Fi is wireless.
If you're using a wire to connect to your router, it's not WiFi.聽 It's Ethernet.

Also:聽 CAT 8 isn't a cable standard, it's a made up name to make cables sound more expensive.聽聽

If you go to www.fast.com聽 what speeds does it show upload and download?

Edited by LogicalDrm

Wait, so let me get this stright:

Your setup currently goes:

[Computer] -->聽 [Wireless Access Point] --> [Router] ?聽 Is that correct?

since your main board was replaced i would reinstall windows usually.聽

BUT you can try by reinstalling chipset AND wifi drivers, as a board replacement= new drivers.聽

I good it that is Wi-Fi, but I am saying for a wireless contention the card isn't working nor is the Bluetooth

19 hours ago, tkitch said:

Wait, so let me get this stright:

Your setup currently goes:

[Computer] -->聽 [Wireless Access Point] --> [Router] ?聽 Is that correct?

no point is wireless

11 hours ago, Robchil said:

BUT you can try by reinstalling chipset AND wifi drivers, as a board replacement= new drivers.聽

k make u rephrase聽

20 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Yes, you have to remember Bits and bytes are different. 1 Gigabit = 125 Megabyte. For the most part its going to be between 60-90 Megabyte per seecond download, with some of the better servers handling the full 100-125 Megabytes depending on traffic, usage in your area etc.

8 megabits = 1 Megabyte.

byte

how do i reinstal chip set

also y my wifi i slow why

how do i do the bluetooth card