ZALMAN Files for Bankruptcy [Update]

Fulgrim

First OCZ, now Zalman...

OCZ is/went out of business?

That makes me really sad I have always loved OCZ

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

That makes me really sad I have always loved OCZ

They filed for bankruptcy a while back but they were bought out by Toshiba. All of their old SSD's were discontinued and they're PSU's are being sold under a different brand name.

They filed for bankruptcy a while back but they were bought out by Toshiba. All of their old SSD's were discontinued and they're PSU's are being sold under a different brand name.

*Tear...

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

The Zalman brand name is known and I am surprised nobody has made an offer to buy the brand name yet before this bankruptcy.  Did Zalman even try to sell the brand to someone else?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

damn, i still want to buy the virtual dvd hdd case from them...

EDIT: just bought it:p

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

3 things,

1, i own a lot of zalman stuff (3 things 1 case and 2 heatsinks), which is more than what i can say about a lot of companies except AMD (which i own 3 CPUs and 2 working GPUs over the last 10 years).  back to the point is they make great products and i hope something happens to keep zalman around, (or at least the teams behind the cool and intresting desings of heatsinks. 

2.  the timing suck for me, because i contacted their support on Tuesday (11/4/14) about the power button on my case stopping working and seeing on how much it would cost to replace it,  hope i can get it replaced. 

3. i was thinking of picking up a HDD enclosure made by them ZM-VE200 because of a cool feature of a Virtaul DVD drive, now i'm not sure if i should get it or not

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

Yeah, they lowered the overall cost of SSDs on the market by... well, by sacrificing themselves, actually.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :mellow:

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Very sad indeed, I love my cooler from them as it's done really well over the years.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Guess I have to grab a Reserator 3 before its gone. Love its looks.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I've never used a zalman in my life but they will be missed

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

First OCZ, now Zalman...

wait whaaat? ocz has bankrupt ? 

this is sad :( 

Its a running gag that i support zalman more then i should, in the budget market namely in Asia and Europe Zalman smashes it, their bang for buck is honestly unbeatable and its shown in the sales. Eitherway thats coming to an end, it sucks especially considering ive basically built my business mainly off using zalman cases(pretty much cm N200 for offices, z9/z11 gaming). The story is different in the US, prices are higher for zalman products so they enter a market where they get beaten.

Anyways whether we liked them or not they have done a lot of innovation in the past, the loss of any company in this market is a blow.

I know what you mean. Just like I support PowerColor more than I should

Either way, I'm sure it hurts that they're gone.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Good they should disspear last time i bought keyboard it broke after 8 months no ones gonna miss ya.

I know what you mean. Just like I support PowerColor more than I should

Either way, I'm sure it hurts that they're gone.

Id miss the nemo fins if powercolor died and the devil series, that is pretty awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good they should disspear last time i bought keyboard it broke after 8 months no ones gonna miss ya.

You shouldnt judge a company by one product, heres an example, fractal design made the core 1000, pathetic case but their other products are awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The guy who invented velcro died to this news ... RIP 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I think I might buy a extra zalman mic this winter. I love these things, longest lasting mic I've ever had.

Glad those CEOs got paid well for running a company into the ground and jeopardized thousands of jobs. Would love to see a way to take it all away from them.

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"