ZALMAN Files for Bankruptcy [Update]

Fulgrim

My first computer I ever built had a Zalman cooler. OCed my Core 2 Duo from 1.86 to 3.2GHZ. It still lives on in a friend's PC over 7 years later. They will be missed :(

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

lol. Just bought a case for my grandpa from them a few months ago

Meh, tbh I don't really care

I heard zalman is pretty bad anyway

The thing is, they weren't.

Was someone late in posting about this? :P Your post seems to have been merged into my thread.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It is a shame to see such an old-timer go. Hopefully someone will buy the name and patents. Bit like OCZ and Toshiba in SSDs. But a reality in the IT sector and business in general, is that companies come and they go. Wang computers anyone ?

Personally, I haven't looked at seriously buying a Zalman product in years. They were the one trick pony in my mind with their flower CPU heatsinks that I used to use on my P4. It is sad to hear that they filed for bankruptcy because of such a silly reason.

First OCZ, now Zalman...

OCZ? Filed for bankruptcy too? Link me please. :3

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Untitled.png?psid=1

just watched the NCIX video from yesterday and the annotation says if you can not read it above in the picture

According to the company's representatives, Zalman is NOT GOING BANKRUPT.  we will provide updates on the story when they are available, but it appears Zalman is very much alive and well.  Looks like the Internet got us again. 

is any one else able to confirm this? i did a quick search and found nothing. 

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

just watched the NCIX video from yesterday and the annotation says if you can not read it above in the picture

is any one else able to confirm this? i did a quick search and found nothing. 

Ive contacted a few employees that im in contact with but only in the UK. They are confused, their supervisors have no clue either, one of them got a two weeks notice(which got cancelled). They have just been told to work and ignore the situation until one of higher ups makes a statement about the situation. They did tell me that warranty will be honoured, which pretty much means they arent bust.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ive contacted a few employees that im in contact with but only in the UK. They are confused, their supervisors have no clue either, one of them got a two weeks notice(which got cancelled). They have just been told to work and ignore the situation until one of higher ups makes a statement about the situation. They did tell me that warranty will be honoured, which pretty much means they arent bust.

thanks, i think i will wait over the week end before i buy this  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817379025

also tried the ncix link in the description and it took me to a page that just said "no such thread!"  With an exclimation mark like it enjoys that we can not confirm sources. 

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

OCZ filled for bankrupt back in 2013. It was since bought by Toshiba which decided it was best to keep their name as well (though they do use their BareFoot technology n their own technologies now).

AMD also bought the rights to use the same technologies in their own R7 240 SSD's and probably other companies did the same.

It will probably be the same with Zalman. They have many technologies developed within 15 years of existence which can be used by others. I wouldn't go too far to say that they will disappear from the market. It totally depends on which coorporation decides to buy them.

Unfortunately the list does not end here. Having good products on the market and innovating constantly does not save you from this. The economy can be a b* sometimes and those that do not play the cards right should have no place in the management of the company.

OCZ filled for bankrupt back in 2013. It was since bought by Toshiba which decided it was best to keep their name as well (though they do use their BareFoot technology n their own technologies now).

AMD also bought the rights to use the same technologies in their own R7 240 SSD's and probably other companies did the same.

It will probably be the same with Zalman. They have many technologies developed within 15 years of existence which can be used by others. I wouldn't go too far to say that they will disappear from the market. It totally depends on which coorporation decides to buy them.

Unfortunately the list does not end here. Having good products on the market and innovating constantly does not save you from this. The economy can be a b* sometimes and those that do not play the cards right should have no place in the management of the company.

Im sure one of the giants like fractal design or corsair maybe nzxt want some of zalmans technologies

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Aww.... This fucking sucks, I just bought a Zalman Z9U3...... I love that case, I don't want them to stop (also I'd like to keep my warranty....)

yeah, how do it work with the warrenty thing? i bought the z3plus and what now?

yeah, how do it work with the warrenty thing? i bought the z3plus and what now?

they arent bankrupt, my contacts at zalman confirmed that. Your warrenty will be honours if you case suddenly stops working.

Listen if you care.

they arent bankrupt, my contacts at zalman confirmed that. Your warrenty will be honours if you case suddenly stops working.

your contacts at Zalman, that sounds fancy :P

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

your contacts at Zalman, that sounds fancy :P

Mostly from luck, i used to play rfactor a lot a while back with some guys, two of them went to zalman. I also know a bunch of other people that seem to know more then they should about the stuff which is coming out. Of course i cant tell most of that stuff to you guys but it helps a lot when i make news articles. Just a weird chain of events which puts me in my place.

Listen if you care.

Zalman is korean? Whhhhhaaaaaaa.........????

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue