ZALMAN Files for Bankruptcy [Update]

Fulgrim
719px-Zalman_Logo.svg.png

Today is a sad day in the world of technology, as legendary Korean manufacturer Zalman have filed for bankruptcy. The company filed for bankruptcy on the 3rd of November in Seoul. This is suspected to be due to a scam by its owner Moneual.

The company has gained much praise over the years for their passive cooling hardware, such as the TNN-500 and the TNN-300 series coolers. I’m sure more than a few of you who are reading this will have used or still do use Zalman hardware.

The future of the company is uncertain at this time, but things aren’t looking good. Either someone will jump in and save the day at the last-minute, or the company will be broken up and sold off to cover their debts.

No doubt this is bad news for the current work force at Zalman, so we wish you all the best of luck in finding a new career path.

Source 1 2 3

Update:

Apparently they are "only having financial difficulties". 

Source 1 2

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Aww.... This fucking sucks, I just bought a Zalman Z9U3...... I love that case, I don't want them to stop (also I'd like to keep my warranty....)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

lol rekt @brownninja97

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

my Zalman Z11 plus is sad now

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

Who's the zalmanasourus of the forum? Brown ninja or something? He's gonna be mad :P

Edit: @brownninja97

First case was a zalman Z12plus (i think) and it sucked, so not much of a surprise to me, however the z11 seems to be selling shitloads on Amazon! Wonder how this will effect the next in the case line that has been leaked

It doesn't surprise me that much to be honest. All i see is comments on how their stuff looks horrible or their quality isn't good enough. I agree with the looks pretty much all of their stuff is horrible. Can't comment on the quality though.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

No, this is bad, this is very bad indeed. I will miss them very much. I feel like a close friend has died

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

First OCZ, now Zalman...

Don't forget Pantech. If they don't get a buyer, they have to sell their buildings for scrap metal.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

It doesn't surprise me that much to be honest. All i see is comments on how their stuff looks horrible or their quality isn't good enough. I agree with the looks pretty much all of their stuff is horrible. Can't comment on the quality though.

Whaatttttt, the z9 looks very nice (the Z at the front is kinda meh, but still) Also that Z11 is very cool as well, their design is a bit gamerish but not too much

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I own a Zalman Mouse and it sucks.  Zalman products were always taken as a joke in college

CPU: Phenom 1090T, Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 RAM: Generic 8GB 1600MHz GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 HDDs: 2 Scavenged 160GB drives (I lost my 500GB one and I don't know how) SSD: Samsung 840 evo120GB  OS: Windows 7 Case: Bitfenix merc beta PSU: Corsair CX 600W

Not surprised, they've gone off the radar these past few years as far as heatsinks are concerned.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

That sucks... i still use my trusty CNPS9700.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Aww.... This fucking sucks, I just bought a Zalman Z9U3...... I love that case, I don't want them to stop (also I'd like to keep my warranty....)

I got that case too. I find it to be poorly designed in the upper part. They need work on that, because the quality of the cases is really good. Zalman, you can make it.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I'm with you. I dunno the quality of their stuff, but its extremely ugly and chincy looking... I'd never want to buy it to find out.

Meh, they've only made a handful of products at most that impressed me.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Whaatttttt, the z9 looks very nice (the Z at the front is kinda meh, but still) Also that Z11 is very cool as well, their design is a bit gamerish but not too much

Replace gamerish with garish and i'll agree with you.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

lol rekt @brownninja97

go fuck yourself, im gonna find you, disassemble your pc and then murder the shit out of the case

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I got that case too. I find it to be poorly designed in the upper part. They need work on that, because the quality of the cases is really good. Zalman, you can make it.

What do you mean? The only big problem I had was that the motherboard tray is shifted a bit too much up so that the hole for the 8pin CPU is a bit too tiny to work with. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

go fuck yourself, im gonna find you, disassemble your pc and then murder the shit out of the case

m8 im rocking a Z11 (its already in pieces)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18