[GEARNUKE] Assassin’s Creed Unity PS4 Version Screenshots Leaked, Confirm Sub-1080p Resolution

WolfDeville

Its pathetic. I don't know who really screwed up here, but I suspect that Sony got cheap. The "next-gen" consoles are straight up pathetic and apparantly much worse than game devs expected.

The major change is that in the previous generation Microsoft and Sony were willing to sell the consoles at a loss.

They expected to evenutally recover the money from game sales.

This time they do not want to take such risks. So they had to make a machine which could be sold profitably for $400. And that involved compromises.

If they had taken the previous gen approach they would have had to pay AMD (or even Intel / Nvidia) for more powerful components and then taken a hit by selling it at a loss before recovering through game sales. They were not comfortable to do that again. The other option would be to sell them for like $550-600 but then they stat getting into PC territory.

wait... are you really sure???? this is the level of details that requires GTX680 minimum??? you are kidding right??? tell me you're kidding...

Use your head and read the first post.

Hint: "console". 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Sometimes I forget how PC gaming has spoiled me with glorious 1440p... Then I see this...

Praise be to GabeN for creating Steam.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

On the bright side there does seem to be a large amount of npcs in an area at a time.

That are all really boring, talking in a fake French accent and the console PS4 can't even seem to keep a locked 30 FPS. I can barely stand watching this frame rate, let alone play a game with it. It gives me a headache. If the PS4 looks and runs this bad, you can pretty much pencil in the most sabotaged PC port ever from Ubisoft going by the laughable specs they posted as recommended and minimums. Ubisoft is simply creating parity at this point and using underhanded means to do it.

Also the NPC's are a joke. You have a guy running around jumping and climbing walls in broad daylight with no interaction or shock from the npc's. This is the most laughable thing I have ever seen.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Use your head and read the first post.

Hint: "console". 

let me use my head for a while....

yeah... I can remember AC:BF looks pretty much the same on PC compared to PS4 other than probably resolution... hhhmmmm.... maybe they changed the engine recently and PC version looks better in their recent games? but then, WatchDogs in PS4 and PC also pretty much the same...

oh well, maybe I'm an idiot comparing consoles and PC version... maybe PC and PS4 version is going to be totally different beast instead of the exact same thing really.... :unsure:

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

That are all really boring, talking in a fake French accent and the console PS4 can't even seem to keep a locked 30 FPS. I can barely stand watching this frame rate, let alone play a game with it. It gives me a headache. If the PS4 looks and runs this bad, you can pretty much pencil in the most sabotaged PC port ever from Ubisoft going by the laughable specs they posted as recommended and minimums. Ubisoft is simply creating parity at this point and using underhanded means to do it.

Also the NPC's are a joke. You have a guy running around jumping and climbing walls in broad daylight with no interaction or shock from the npc's. This is the most laughable thing I have ever seen.

:( well I tried. It's OK I'll keep playing pc games anyway. I have trouble giving away the free ubisoft games that come with gfx cards, I expect that to continue.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This turned into PCMR real fast, didn't it?

It's not PCMR.

Anyone sensible can appreciate higher resolution and various other benefits...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

It's not PCMR.

Anyone sensible can appreciate higher resolution and various other benefits...

Anyone sensible can appreciate lord Gaben.  

;)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

they have to be ps3 surely?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

ubisoft is more like this right now

bucketwheel.gif

oh god 

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

They should just play minecraft. Digging there will result into something.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

They should just play minecraft. Digging there will result into something.

Yah. Lava. Good idea. Just drop Ubisoft into lava. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Look at that anti-aliasing, the best I have ever seen. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

a764ea58f4.jpg

f59a7948ad.jpg

Source

It looks pretty bad lel....

assassins_creed_unity_3.jpg

mis rep much?

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Looks terrible, far worse than Black Flag.

Black Flag at least had nice textures and lovely water and some decent foliage.

Pre rendered........ 

yeah but still....its bullshit

I think some people in this thread are saying "it looks horrible", more or less, to simply jump on the "we hate consoles, look how crappy this game looks, and everyone else is saying it looks horrible" bandwagon.

In my honest opinion, the first screenshot is not horrible. It's nothing special and nothing PC wasn't already producing years prior, but I wouldn't say "horrible". More just "meh".

The 2nd screenshot, however, that I would say is horrible. Poor lighting, textures, everything.

Modded Skyrim on PC will be slapping any games released on the new consoles for years to come, easily, and this is very sad. In Ubisoft's defense (wait, did I actually say that??? lol) they are trying to do something more with their game by adding a boat-load of extra NPCs which can really add to the feel of the environment and it's sad that the consoles can't allow them to do this properly along side cutting edge graphics. This is a clear example that shows the consoles are holding back gaming advancement.

On another note, I don't get why their going with 900p instead of 720p which would scale better on 1080p displays (TVs) and just add some other effects plus a ton of AA. I don't know that much about that side of game development, so perhaps going with a slightly higher res and less AA/effects allows for a better performance, otherwise.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

wtf. that looks like AC2 graphics on ps3 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

wtf. that looks like AC2 graphics on ps3 

having just finished replaying AC2 (on pc, with the highest graphics settings, and using nvidia's new DSR thing)... you need to get your eyes checked

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

The major change is that in the previous generation Microsoft and Sony were willing to sell the consoles at a loss.

They expected to evenutally recover the money from game sales.

This time they do not want to take such risks. So they had to make a machine which could be sold profitably for $400. And that involved compromises.

If they had taken the previous gen approach they would have had to pay AMD (or even Intel / Nvidia) for more powerful components and then taken a hit by selling it at a loss before recovering through game sales. They were not comfortable to do that again. The other option would be to sell them for like $550-600 but then they stat getting into PC territory.

Im aware of that but I think that they became too greedy and made too many compromises...Time will tell if im right.

I think they could have went with something in between...

I think some people in this thread are saying "it looks horrible", more or less, to simply jump on the "we hate consoles, look how crappy this game looks, and everyone else is saying it looks horrible" bandwagon.

In my honest opinion, the first screenshot is not horrible. It's nothing special and nothing PC wasn't already producing years prior, but I wouldn't say "horrible". More just "meh".

The 2nd screenshot, however, that I would say is horrible. Poor lighting, textures, everything.

Modded Skyrim on PC will be slapping any games released on the new consoles for years to come, easily, and this is very sad. In Ubisoft's defense (wait, did I actually say that??? lol) they are trying to do something more with their game by adding a boat-load of extra NPCs which can really add to the feel of the environment and it's sad that the consoles can't allow them to do this properly along side cutting edge graphics. This is a clear example that shows the consoles are holding back gaming advancement.

On another note, I don't get why their going with 900p instead of 720p which would scale better on 1080p displays (TVs) and just add some other effects plus a ton of AA. I don't know that much about that side of game development, so perhaps going with a slightly higher res and less AA/effects allows for a better performance, otherwise.

Sorry, but it is horrible! I had a PS3(3!) and assasins creed black flag and it looks at least as good as this and possibly better. On a console that was released in 2006.

There is no excuse for that

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'm just gonna say it, it isn't Ubisoft's fault that the consoles are underpowered. As bad as their PC ports are lately, it's not their fault that they can't push their game more on a console running ancient hardware.

If you're going to hate on Ubisoft, hate on them for a legitimate purpose.