[GEARNUKE] Assassin’s Creed Unity PS4 Version Screenshots Leaked, Confirm Sub-1080p Resolution

WolfDeville

Got a question for you guys. I don't really support what Ubisoft is doing however this came up in my mind. Would you sacrifice better looking-ness in a  game for a better game play? I understand that these two things are not mutually exclusive but under constrainted resources it becomes a trade off. I think given current state of console, weak hardware, companies being to question if better looks matter and maybe redirecting some of those resources to making a better game. You might argue that games are not getting more fun to play, in fact games are getting less contents with day 1 DLCs however this is what companies do, they want to increase their margin and given the fact that current console can push out good graphics why should they invest money into it. I think the only way for us PC gamers to regain control and push these companies to continue to improve graphics is to show that we are an important segment in the gaming market. Unfortunately, boycotting these companies because they don't listen to us will only make this worse...

snip

If you were talking about constrained resources in a small studio or even from indie developers, I would answer your question with my oppinion to try to find solutions.

The reality is that Ubisoft is currently one of the biggest game development companys in the world - they have several studios, they have 800+ employees, they have huge budgets for each project. The only constrained resource Ubisoft has is time, and that's because they impose ridiculous timelines for each project - their mind set seems to be "the more games you release the better". All the rest, they have it, skilled professionals, experience, money, infrastructure, tittles with a HUGE brand value and a huge fanbase, good relationships with both console manufacturers, you name it Ubisoft has it... Ubisoft has all of the tools to make something as close to "perfect" games, true AAA tittles, yet they don't.

And this is what used to be the "sad part" wich evolved to the "ridiculous part" - they blame everyone and everything else instead of blaming themselfs. This is what kids usualy do, when they don't want to face the reality. We, the grown ups, take the shit in the face when we fuck up and that's what keeps us growing and evolving as individuals. How can a company evolve if their position is that they NEVER make mistakes, and it's the rest of the world who is failing? That's why they keep delivering this games, wich in my personal oppinion, they are shit.

But hey, shit still looks good to flys.

You have other great game studios delivering games that look awesome on consoles, some with way, but way less resources then Ubisoft! If they make a commitment to their costumers and fans to make a game for a platform such as consoles or PC, then it's the minimum thing they could do is to deliver it. The weak hardware is a no-subject - they know that the hardware is a constant on the console platform - so they have no excuses to make a game that works poorly in such platform. "Oh but our game concept requires more powerfull hardware" they said something like this, wich could only be replied by "Then don't bring it to such platform".

You know since when Rockstar had the concept of multi-characters in the GTA series? If I'm not mistaken, since GTA San Andreas! A company like Rockstar postponed a game concept for more then 10 years because they knew the hardware wasn't able to fulfill their vision. This is a company that doesn't stand for mediocracy. This is a company that wants to deliver the best possible product they can - and when they can't, they don't. That's why the GTA series have been growing on each and every release.

I may sound like a Ubisoft hater, wich I definatly am, but this hate comes from the pitty and the shame that games that I grew up with are going to go down the drain eventually: Rayman, Farcry, and some of the Tom Clancys series. But I can deal with it, fortunatly you have plenty of awesome games and amazing studios, both old a new ones, that are pushing the gaming forward on every platform - all the way from Android/iOS, Consoles and  PC. That's where my hard earned money is going,

Why would I support a company like Ubisoft that spits on gamers faces? This is not boycotting - this is just self respect as a consumer.

If this looks this bad.

Imagine "The Division"...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

768p @ constant 60fps on my GTX670 I'll be happy. Damn they need to stop pushing 30fps...

PCPARTPICKER: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHJMmG CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9-290 4GB GDDR5 Windforce OC

Cooling: XSPC RayStorm + EK-VGA Supremacy + X2O 750 Dual Bayres/Pump (Black) V4 + Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
RAM: KVR 2x8GB Low Profile PSU: Seasonic M12-II 620W Storage: Samsung 840 256GB + Toshiba 2.5'' 1TB Case: CM Storm Trooper

Digging? I think they just got an upgrade

attachicon.gifUbisoft Drill.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Winner winner chicken dinner

ubisoft is more like this right now

bucketwheel.gif

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Shouldn't we kinda start trashing sony(And microsoft for that matter) at this point for building a disgustingly weak console?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Omg is it me or did last gen AC games look better on consoles? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Omg is it me or did last gen AC games look better on consoles? 

Its pathetic. I don't know who really screwed up here, but I suspect that Sony got cheap. The "next-gen" consoles are straight up pathetic and apparantly much worse than game devs expected.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Its pathetic. I don't know who really screwed up here, but I suspect that Sony got cheap. The "next-gen" consoles are straight up pathetic and apparantly much worse than game devs expected.

And the xbone too, but I excuse it as they clearly intented to make a tv set-top box instead of a game console. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

And the xbone too, but I excuse it as they clearly intented to make a tv set-top box instead of a game console. 

Oh sure. X-Box is even worse(slightly).

Heres a youtube video.

I have assasins creed 4 black flag on my PS3....And I honestly don't think that AC Unity on PS4 here looks that much better....

Oh sure. X-Box is even worse(slightly).

Heres a youtube video.

I have assasins creed 4 black flag on my PS3....And I honestly don't think that AC Unity on PS4 here looks that much better....

I remember AC2. Sure 720 and low fps, really low fps, but it actually looked really good. Consistent at least. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I remember AC2. Sure 720 and low fps, really low fps, but it actually looked really good. Consistent at least. 

100% agree! Low fps is acceptable when it comes to consoles, I believe. But terrible resolution and low FPS er just bad.

PS4 games will ofcourse improve, but this console can't possibly last even half the time the last gen did.

from 2006 to 2014, we went from 720p to 900p. How impressive. And people claim 2016 will be the year of 4k. I can only laugh.

100% agree! Low fps is acceptable when it comes to consoles, I believe. But terrible resolution and low FPS er just bad.

PS4 games will ofcourse improve, but this console can't possibly last even half the time the last gen did.

from 2006 to 2014, we went from 720p to 900p. How impressive. And people claim 2016 will be the year of 4k. I can only laugh.

Oh I never said low fps was ok at all. I mean AC2 fuckin dipped down to 20. That shit was annoying. At least keep it a consistent usable frame rate. 

It just astound me that a ps3 game looked better than it's ps4 sequal.  :mellow:

I agree about 4k though. I don't give a shit how much consoles hold us back, I'm dead set on getting that 40" 4k screen soon. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Oh I never said low fps was ok at all. I mean AC2 fuckin dipped down to 20. That shit was annoying. At least keep it a consistent usable frame rate. 

It just astound me that a ps3 game looked better than it's ps4 sequal.  :mellow:

I agree about 4k though. I don't give a shit how much consoles hold us back, I'm dead set on getting that 40" 4k screen soon. 

wow...didn't know it went that low. I meant that I actually don't have a massive problem with 30-40 FPS for instance on a console. It SHOULD be better but I think that most casual gamers would get a very good expirience on such a frame rate.

What pisses me off like you is how a PS3 game can look almost as good as a PS4 fucking sequal..just like you say. I must get a hold on a PS4 at some point and do an actual in person comparison, because the screens and videos i've seen looks exactly like Black flag does on PS3.

Seriously...Look at this shit..Those background people are barely a few steps above what the thousands spectators look like on sports games.

AC-Unity-PS4-screen-grab-ballroom.jpg

wow...didn't know it went that low. I meant that I actually don't have a massive problem with 30-40 FPS for instance on a console. It SHOULD be better but I think that most casual gamers would get a very good expirience on such a frame rate.

What pisses me off like you is how a PS3 game can look almost as good as a PS4 fucking sequal..just like you say. I must get a hold on a PS4 at some point and do an actual in person comparison, because the screens and videos i've seen looks exactly like Black flag does on PS3.

Seriously...Look at this shit..Those background people are barely a few steps above what the thousands spectators look like on sports games.

AC-Unity-PS4-screen-grab-ballroom.jpg

I think the problem is they really tried to increase he crowds and crowd AI in this game, but as it turns out the CPUs in both console are really not good enough for this. Almost outpowered in that aspect by the old ones. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I think the problem is they really tried to increase he crowds and crowd AI in this game, but as it turns out the CPUs in both console are really not good enough for this. Almost outpowered in that aspect by the old ones. 

Yeah...Im not going to derail the thread with blue/red team but you can guess what im thinking.

Yeah...Im not going to derail the thread with blue/red team but you can guess what im thinking.

Cough bulldozer

muh specs 

All parts black

Cough bulldozer

LOL!

Yeah....Im not sure if this is ubisoft trying to cover their behinds...it might be, but my own personal speculation(Which is btw. complete and utter speculation without any facts or inside information...) is that AMD might have oversold what they were able to do with an APU....Or that Sony cheapened out to such a massive degree that it simply wasn't possible to deliver anything useful.

If you can match a PS4 with pretty old CPUs combined with a 750ti in many games, then that must show that there was wrong hardware choices made...by somebody.

LOL!

Yeah....Im not sure if this is ubisoft trying to cover their behinds...it might be, but my own personal speculation(Which is btw. complete and utter speculation without any facts or inside information...) is that AMD might have oversold what they were able to do with an APU....Or that Sony cheapened out to such a massive degree that it simply wasn't possible to deliver anything useful.

If you can match a PS4 with pretty old CPUs combined with a 750ti in many games, then that must show that there was wrong hardware choices made...by somebody.

It really made me sad. I wanted so much more from this console generation. 

muh specs 

All parts black

It really made me sad. I wanted so much more from this console generation. 

Me too.

On the bright side there does seem to be a large amount of npcs in an area at a time.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers