HP OMEN 16 (2022) CPU STUCK AT 0.39GHZ

Go to solution Solved by RanchTheHay005,
20 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Found this thread, he found an interesting solution:

This does seem to be a common problem when you browse the web. Although, from both Intel and AMD CPU users, however.

I am not sure on what the issue really was in my case - but it resolved on its own

But yea that is interesting

So yea I purchased this HP OMEN 16 with a 6800H , and a 3070Ti

The laptop worked great the first day

The next day after some amount of usage - the CPU drops all the way down to 0.39Ghz rendering it unusable

I did hear people telling that HP released a nerfed BIOS update for the laptop - which was later fixed

So I went to the website - downloaded and installed the latest BIOS available (older versions were not available)

And the issue still persisted

Laptop works fine without issues for a while and then drops all the way down to 0.39 Ghz

The power settings is set to maximum performance,set to performance in the Omen app (tried balanced too - no avail)

Normal restarts don't fix the issue

Plugging out and plugging in the laptop does not work

The issue resolves only when I restart the laptop - go to the BIOS , do a restore to default settings , and then save and exit - it goes back to normal

But again - it works fine for sometime and then does the 0.39ghz thing

Theottlestop does not work either as it's an AMD - ultimate utility tool does not work either

Any help would be nice

It kinda sounds like a thermal issue - have you had a look at what your core temperatures are using something like HWinfo?

20 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Found this thread, he found an interesting solution:

This does seem to be a common problem when you browse the web. Although, from both Intel and AMD CPU users, however.

I am not sure on what the issue really was in my case - but it resolved on its own

But yea that is interesting

21 hours ago, Eggicus Roundplumpius said:

It kinda sounds like a thermal issue - have you had a look at what your core temperatures are using something like HWinfo?

Everything was under 80c - the laptop is only 2 days old lol