AMD Donates $1.00 Off Each Sale To Breast Cancer Research

Opcode

and how many cents per part are nvidia or intel putting towards this? 0 cents.

fuck off. A good thing is still a good thing.

I didn't say it was a bad thing, I just think tits deserves more than a dollar per sale.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Considering how much money AMD is losing, this seems more than generous.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

https://research.nvidia.com/content/hardware-donation-program

Not exactly zero but its for research like how a good hardware company should act.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

And yet every charity screams "every dollar matters".

Two revolutionary dance tones

Fuck the AMD middle man, I ain't buying one of their shitty fire hazardous GPU's. I'd rather buy an Nviada GPU and donate something like $50-100. Then again I don't support cancer research, there is already a cure and pharmaceutical companies are just hiding it because it isn't profitable, and they know people will stupidly donate money to them.

Yeah, but at least their products don't burn houses down.

Although this is a very noble cause, I think AMD could spend their money better..... I'm not sure if this kind of action would have any big impact on their sales to really make this a worthwhile marketing stunt

Sometimes it's not about being a worthwhile marketing stunt.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Fuck the AMD middle man, I ain't buying one of their shitty fire hazardous GPU's. I'd rather buy an Nviada GPU and donate something like $50-100. Then again I don't support cancer research, there is already a cure and pharmaceutical companies are just hiding it because it isn't profitable, and they know people will stupidly donate money to them.

Well, I can see you brought your tin foil hat with you today. 

Then donate it. Don't talk big, actually go do it. 

Of course, big pharma is hiding the cure to a series of cancers and instead is making us spend billions a year on research and experimental trials and drugs and everything else, often such ventures that are BACKED by big pharma in the first place. 

Logic, it is flawless with this post. 

Well, I can see you brought your tin foil hat with you today. 

Then donate it. Don't talk big, actually go do it. 

Of course, big pharma is hiding the cure to a series of cancers and instead is making us spend billions a year on research and experimental trials and drugs and everything else, often such ventures that are BACKED by big pharma in the first place. 

Logic, it is flawless with this post. 

And like I said before, most developed countries has free healthcare, so they lose money when people are sick.

mf%20healthcaremap%20p.jpg

This is a map of countries with universal healthcare. But yeah, I am sure it's just a big conspiracy. All these countries are probably happy to spend money to keep people sick, and I am sure research facilities are just goofing around all day not even trying to find a cure since they already have it.

It makes perfect sense!

Woah so they are going to donate like.... $100???

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

As discussed in previous WAN shows, AMD is already losing the "margin competition" with Intel, so this is a big step for AMD. Besides, good publicity couldn't hurt. Right? (Insert foreshadowing here)

x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-fanboys-fa

And like I said before, most developed countries has free healthcare, so they lose money when people are sick.

This is a map of countries with universal healthcare. But yeah, I am sure it's just a big conspiracy. All these countries are probably happy to spend money to keep people sick, and I am sure research facilities are just goofing around all day not even trying to find a cure since they already have it.

It makes perfect sense!

Americans didn't land on the moon and Hiroshima was never bombed either. Keep awake sheep!

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

To everyone who has commented so far; $1.00 is still $1.00 more than most other companies. Any amount, even if it's not a lot is still helpful to some degree.

I'm not saying that it's not a good thing but AMD is still posting losses for crying out loud. 

Work towards making a profit and then donate a decent amount once you can afford it.

44c69c720d743f5e5f5f1241fa389be7.png

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Do you also believe we didn't land on the moon? Cause that's how dumb you sound right now.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

So far we have.... like $20 donated! Yay! yay! yay!

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

So much negativity and idiocy from fellow LTT members. The sale consists of APU's, which make up nearly 75% of AMD's microprocessor sales. Who cares if they only sell 100,000 units, that's still $100,000 towards research. Lets see any single LTT forum member come up with that kind of money and donate it to charity, it's not going to happen. AMD is down and hurting and they are still willing to give out to others for no reason at all.

You don't seem to understand the extreme intel/nvidia fandom on this forum. AMD can literally give money away (to a good cause even) and get nothing but shit for it here. Is it a tax write off? yup. Does that matter in the slightest? no.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Americans didn't land on the moon and Hiroshima was never bombed either. Keep awake sheep!

you forgot the Holocaust. or maybe you didn't? it totes never happened. Obama did 9/11.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

You don't seem to understand the extreme intel/nvidia fandom on this forum. AMD can literally give money away (to a good cause even) and get nothing but shit for it here. Is it a tax write off? yup. Does that matter in the slightest? no.

It's not just hate against AMD on this forum. AMD is getting quite a lot of undeserved ass kissing as well. I am pretty sure there was a news article about Samsung donating to charity not too long ago and the reaction was the same.

It's really sad to see.

I understand that no corporation may donate to charitable organizations out of the goodness of their hearts, but I'm 100% sure that they donate way more than anyone on this forum has. I'm also certain that people within AMD who are making a lot of money (even those who arent) are donating outside of this promotion.

Anything helps guys. Money is money. Stop being dumb. :)

Is still something, good for AMD and is way better than a Like im pretty sure, lol. it's a win win

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

offT your avatar made me laugh. i'm listening to this song right now Olderic - Utopian (Alex Tepper's Long Ride to Deadwood Mix)

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Doing good for the community is one thing...

Ignoring the facts that the 290 series and their 'powertune'/'powerplay' is bugged on a lot of cards out of the box (Guessing over 30%+ from the rate/info of responses in threads all over the internet), and yet no recall or donation or information to lost productivity to those who buy the products but cannot use them.

I'm on my SIXTH RMA of the R9-290 series, across two machines.

But hey, can't argue with donating to a good cause.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

ok this is gonna sound very crazy and asshole-ish of me but has it occured to anyone that they dont wanna cure cancer. companys want to treat cancer not cure it. im sure if they wanted they could have cured cancer a long time ago but whats the fun in that right? healthy people dont pay for the yacht or mansion. 

more infections - more money.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3