AMD Donates $1.00 Off Each Sale To Breast Cancer Research

Opcode

AMD could've spent like 2% of each product on this cause instead. $1 off a $500 card is a bit poor. But hey it's something.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

they should take that money and invest it to develop a competitive CPU

And since the nvidia 900 series release they have donated : $5 xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

this is all PR. they aren't doing this because they are "good people". They do it to look good. Plenty of companies make similar donations every year. Sure the receiving organizations benefit ever so slightly, but many could easily donate 10x the amount without any meaningful losses. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

You know what its better then donating anything there is nothing that makes them have to donate, its all voluntary good for AMD honestly its more then  Intel is donating (of what I know of).  

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

I love how we have one group of people complaining about not enough being donated, and another group saying that they can't afford to donate. Meanwhile, the rest meet in the middle, mentioning basically that they're at least trying in spite of the expense.

Why not equal ammounts to Breast cancer AND Prostate cancer? You know, considering that they have similar mortality rates and only affect one gender each...

(True, men can get Breast cancer, but you'd have to be VERY unlucky, only 75 deaths were reported in one year compaed to 11K for women and 10K for men with prostate cancer)

Because breasts.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

While I love this forum, the community sickens me sometimes.

In my year and a half on this forum, I have watched it go from a friendly community of gamers, programmers, and tech enthusiasts, to a raging pit of fanboyism.

I'm not just saying this as it's an AMD thread getting hate, I'm saying this, cause I see so much blind hate towards any company.

Can we not all just step back for a moment and look at this for what it is? both the thread and the forum.

AMD is donating a dollar for every sale.

They sell boatloads of APUs, to consumers and OEMs.

this will do good, there is no such thing as a donation doing harm to a project.

As for the forum, open your eyes, and just look for a minute at what you are saying to eachother?

And before you label me as a fanboy, I own 3 intel based PCs, and two AMD based PCs. I'm planning to buy two intel xeons for my every day PC.

Charity is great; bravo, AMD. I've donated several crappy processors' worth, myself.

I hope they find a cure soon because I'm tired of seeing pink everywhere and hearing sob stories from ugly ladies.

Fuck the AMD middle man, I ain't buying one of their shitty fire hazardous GPU's. I'd rather buy an Nviada GPU and donate something like $50-100. Then again I don't support cancer research, there is already a cure and pharmaceutical companies are just hiding it because it isn't profitable, and they know people will stupidly donate money to them.

NPuHUU1.gif

only $1.00 to protect and cure one of mankinds most valuable resources?

For shame, FOR SHAME!

Considering they sell MILLIONS OF PRODUCTS EACH MONTH, and it is better than over companies. And have you donated??????

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I think I just became 100% anti-AMD.

Why, because the donate to charity? Because they are not "nvidia"? or is it because YOU ARE STUPID?

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

While I love this forum, the community sickens me sometimes.

In my year and a half on this forum, I have watched it go from a friendly community of gamers, programmers, and tech enthusiasts, to a raging pit of fanboyism.

I'm not just saying this as it's an AMD thread getting hate, I'm saying this, cause I see so much blind hate towards any company.

Can we not all just step back for a moment and look at this for what it is? both the thread and the forum.

AMD is donating a dollar for every sale.

They sell boatloads of APUs, to consumers and OEMs.

this will do good, there is no such thing as a donation doing harm to a project.

As for the forum, open your eyes, and just look for a minute at what you are saying to eachother?

And before you label me as a fanboy, I own 3 intel based PCs, and two AMD based PCs. I'm planning to buy two intel xeons for my every day PC.

i would not say better

AMD will donate MILLIONS of $$$, and people still complain about   !!!!??? the end of the world is near!!!!

i just hope that other brands like Intel and Nvidia follow AMD example, it would  be nice if all the industry can be united in such a noble cause