AMD Donates $1.00 Off Each Sale To Breast Cancer Research

Opcode

$1.00 on $100 products? -,-

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I don't understand AMD's marketing team sometimes...

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

The first 3 comments are really stupid.. dont see you doing anything better? At least they are trying.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Although this is a very noble cause, I think AMD could spend their money better..... I'm not sure if this kind of action would have any big impact on their sales to really make this a worthwhile marketing stunt

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Why not equal ammounts to Breast cancer AND Prostate cancer? You know, considering that they have similar mortality rates and only affect one gender each...

(True, men can get Breast cancer, but you'd have to be VERY unlucky, only 75 deaths were reported in one year compaed to 11K for women and 10K for men with prostate cancer)

This is what we should figure out first. Cancer. Then everything else imo.

AMD, common, I think you could of been able to squeeze more money for the cause but... Its something right?

The first 3 comments are really stupid.. dont see you doing anything better? At least they are trying.

179 - 156 - 164 - 109 - 84$

Oh yeah, trying REAL hard.

1$ per each of those products. Such huge amounts given on their part.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

This is what we should figure out first. Cancer. Then everything else imo.

AMD, common, I think you could of been able to squeeze more money for the cause but... Its something right?

it would be better if they would pay their chinese ''underpayed'' workers a little more so they can at least have a nearly acceptable life

179 - 156 - 164 - 109 - 84$

Oh yeah, trying REAL hard.

1$ per each of those products. Such huge amounts given on their part.

Yet again at least they are trying....

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

it would be better if they would pay their chinese ''underpayed'' workers a little more so they can at least have a nearly acceptable life

That's the way life is, Someone has to make all of this. Yes, it is very sad but its just the world we live in.

People complaining need to find something better to do.

Every dollar matters. It doesn't matter if you're donating a little or a lot.

Lastly, AMD is massively struggling financially so the fact that they are even doing it at all is good on them.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

well Intel donates volunteers.

More than 40% of the company's employees are involved in the Intel Involved Volunteer Program, and together they donate thousands of hours to education, environmental programs, and other local community needs. Through the Intel Involved Matching Grant Program, the Intel Foundation gives schools and community organizations cash donations for every hour that employees volunteer.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/corporate-responsibility/intel-involved.html

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/corporate-responsibility/intel-foundation.html

Intel Involved

Intel knows volunteering builds goodwill and good business. The global corporate volunteer program—Intel Involved—identifies worthwhile opportunities for individual volunteers and, team projects as well as days of community service.

Intel employees make a difference around the globe by helping educate and train people of all ages. They advance initiatives to foster safe and healthy communities and use their technical knowledge to support endeavors where it is most needed.

Matching grants

When Intel employees commit hours, Intel commits dollars.  The Intel Involved Matching Grant program awards cash grants to eligible organizations based on the number of hours that Intel employees volunteer.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

So they are donating money when they are hurting for research funds? Did they not just post a drop in revenue this past quarter? I get it is a nice thing to do but come on. They are a company hurting for cash and should be looking at how to make more. I get some people will buy their product just because they are doing this but really how many will? I know myself and others I personally know could not be bothered to consider ohh they donate to breast cancer let's buy their product. If we wanted money to go to research we would donate ourselves. 

That's the way life is, Someone has to make all of this. Yes, it is very sad but its just the world we live in.

well just a few dollars wont help finding a cure against cancer. we need more very intelligent scientists and such to find a cure

I'm so glad they laid off more of their staff recently, but still spend money on this...........

this will manage them.....a month of good PR at most

well just a few dollars wont help finding a cure against cancer. we need more very intelligent scientists and such to find a cure

You never know what can happen.

Just look at penicillin, a complete accident.

And you are? Don't see how snarky comments help anyone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If they donated one dollar for every bug for the new Catalyst driver  there'd be a cure by now... :mellow:

Details separate people.