BenQ BL2420PT WQHD 23.8" IPS Monitor

Geekazoid

post-14986-0-32566600-1413460563.jpg

BenQ are releasing an unheard of WQHD IPS monitor with a display size of just 23.8" that boasts the WQHD resolution of 2560x1440. You don't normally see this combination because usually such a high resolution is reserved for 27" monitors. The pixel density is said to be about 124 PPI (rounded up) and so you can expect pretty decent clarity from this monitor. The monitor features a true 8-bit colour display instead using the usually 6-bit + AFRC (or dithering) found on cheaper IPS monitors. This monitor also features BenQ's usual standard flicker-free backlight using DC rather than the usual PWM to regulate brightness. Also featured is their range of 'Low Blue Light' modes to help further reduce eye fatigue.

post-14986-0-95126100-1413460627.jpgpost-14986-0-11781000-1413508843.jpg

With this monitor being aimed at the professional market it also includes various preset modes for 'Animation', 'CAD/CAM, 'Video Editing', 'REC 709' and 'Graphic Arts'. Users will of course be wanting to use it for 'non-professional' tasks as well. It will be very interesting to see how it fairs in terms of latency and overall responsiveness – all we have to go on at the moment is the specified 5ms grey to grey response time. The ports included on this monitor include the following:

• VGA (D-sub)
• DL DVI
• DP 1.2
• HDMI 1.4
• USB 2.0 Ports x2 + Upstream
• 3.5mm Headphone Jack
• 3.5mm Line-in

Also included with this monitor are a pair of integrated 1W speakers (one can expect the usual low quality sound output that you get from such speakers). The stand included is removable and attached by 100 x 100mm VESA mount and can be removed for an alternative VESA solution of your choice.

Further information can be found on BenQ's website: http://orwww2.benq.com/product/monitor/BL2420PT/

Source: https://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-bl2420pt-with-23-8-inch-wqhd-screen/

EDIT: Fixed repeated word and grammar. Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

wow

guys we are there, 1440p is starting to take over 1080p in the 23 inch space

Yep! I think BenQ are trying to start a new trend/standard IMHO.

friggin finally a 1440p screen at that size, its definitely needed.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Lol 1440p will not be the next standard!! i promise you! it will be 4k!!!

this is meh if people want to buy a 1440p monitor now i think thats a dumb decision but there choice 4k is the new standard whether u like it or not.

About time

But I cant go back to 24" or lower

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Lol 1440p will not be the next standard!! i promise you! it will be 4k!!!

this is meh if people want to buy a 1440p monitor now i think thats a dumb decision but there choice 4k is the new standard whether u like it or not.

You're probably right, however, I can't sway my opinion that I stink that 4K is just all hype. WQHD 1440p monitors just make more sense because you don't have to adjust the DPI in Window to be able to use them comfortably. Plus there are no 4K IPS monitors that are under $1,000. I'd feel like I's going backwards if I swapped a 2560x1440 IPS monitor for a 4K TN one. Also 4K displays only really work the best in OS X. I realise that Microsoft is making efforts to rectify this, however, they're still not quite there yet and and so my advice to anyone would be to stick with WQHD monitors for now. ;)

You're probably right, however, I can't sway my opinion that I stink that 4K is just all hype. WQHD 1440p monitors just make more sense because you don't have to adjust the DPI in Window to be able to use them comfortably. Plus there are no 4K IPS monitors that are under $1,000. I'd feel like I's going backwards if I swapped a 2560x1440 IPS monitor for a 4K TN one. Also 4K displays only really work the best in OS X. I realise that Microsoft is making efforts to rectify this, however, they're still not quite there yet and and so my advice to anyone would be to stick with WQHD monitors for now. ;)

4K will takeover 1440p simply because there's no 1440p TVs and no 1440p-native content on the market.

It's a gamer/creative industry exclusive resolution, which might seem popular on these forums, but not outside of the tech world.

4K will takeover 1440p simply because there's no 1440p TVs and no 1440p-native content on the market.

It's a gamer/creative industry exclusive resolution, which might seem popular on these forums, but not outside of the tech world.

You're allowed to have your opinion, however, I politely disagree. ;)

You're allowed to have your opinion, however, I politely disagree. ;)

Well, we'll see who's right in the next 24 months :D

Well, we'll see who's right in the next 24 months :D

Yes we will. :)

*gets metal baseball bat out, sneaks up to LePawel, whacks him over the head and then runs away quickly*

this. is. awesome. finally somethinf with a decent PPI and not supersmall. i just wish it would be 16:10. thats what should be the standard. 16:9 is just too wide

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I'm kinda missing gsync here, otherwise amazing monitor, I just wished they stopped putting those God awful speakers on them

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

this. is. awesome. finally somethinf with a decent PPI and not supersmall. i just wish it would be 16:10. thats what should be the standard. 16:9 is just too wide

Some people are just never happy. Maybe one day Luka, maybe one day a 24" 2560x1600 16:10 IPS monitor will be created. But until such a day arrives on must learn to.......DEAL WIT IT! :P:D JK

I'm kinda missing gsync here, otherwise amazing monitor, I just wished they stopped putting those God awful speakers on them

What's God got to do with those crappy speakers? :huh:

Some people are just never happy. Maybe one day Luka, maybe one day a 24" 2560x1600 16:10 IPS monitor will be created. But until such a day arrives on must learn to.......DEAL WIT IT! :P:D JK

no until that day comes, im staying on 5:4 aspect ratio ;) i hate 16:9 and i dont think id be able to bear 27" 16:10 either

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Weirdest thing here. I have a BenQ monitor with no speakers on it. But my system still recognises it as an audio source, I had to disable it because it overrode the default x3

Seriously though, who on Earth actually uses the speakers in a monitor? 

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

No G-Sync though.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Weirdest thing here. I have a BenQ monitor with no speakers on it. But my system still recognises it as an audio source, I had to disable it because it overrode the default x3

NO ONE!

office people, that just need them for things like quick skype with boss, or similar things. not everyone who uses this monitor is using it somewhere where he can listen to music out loud

Is there a release date at all for this!?!?!?

Not yet mate.

office people, that just need them for things like quick skype with boss, or similar things. not everyone who uses this monitor is using it somewhere where he can listen to music out loud

I never really figured these monitors for office use, but I suppose that's ONE point. Never been in an office that needed that :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.