BenQ BL2420PT WQHD 23.8" IPS Monitor

Geekazoid

Same width...Just a little higher... You mean too narrow?

uuumm no... what you on about... 16:9 is wider than 16:10...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

These naming schemes need to stahp.

Everyone says video cards names are getting out of hand, what about monitors??

You have a series moniker (leading letters), a size (24), and a quality note (trailing numbers). It's not that hard.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

uuumm no... what you on about... 16:9 is wider than 16:10...

No, 16x10 just adds more vertical pixels. the overall width just has to do with monitor size.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No, 16x10 just adds more vertical pixels. the overall width just has to do with monitor size.

its relatively wider... if we talk just aspect ratios. if we bring in pixels, a 16:9 720p screen is just as wide as a 1280x1024. so stop trying to twist my words. i say what i know. not what you try to make me say.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

its relatively wider... if we talk just aspect ratios. if we bring in pixels, a 16:9 720p screen is just as wide as a 1280x1024. so stop trying to twist my words. i say what i know. not what you try to make me say.

Except you're wrong. It's not that the aspect ratio is too wide. The proportions just don't scale well for you to large monitors. 16:10 24" monitor is just as wide as 16:9. The difference is the stretch of height.

Except you're wrong. It's not that the aspect ratio is too wide. The proportions just don't scale well for you to large monitors. 16:10 24" monitor is just as wide as 16:9. The difference is the stretch of height.

im done, back on the ignore list you go... im saying 16:9 is too wide.. you argue me by saying 16:10 is higher... or as its called when you talk about width, less wide, if we look at proportions. yes it has the same amount of columns, but due to the extra rows, it makes it less wide relatively... you just keep on trying to go head first into a brick wall, not listening at all. like always. dont respond, it will be a bad use of time, as im not even reading your crap anymore, it just makes me  mad at the community, for allowing idiots to keep posting crap...

@LukaP, If I'm an idiot you're in sore shape.

Really liking this and I hope its priced at a good price point so many people can buy it. Love IPS monitors for gaming because they look so damn good and the screen size if perfect for me since that is all the bigger I want in a screen plus the added bonus of 1440P res. Soooo beautiful to see this.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

16:10 is way better than 16:9. No matter what. On a 27" I might deal with it (if 2560x1440) ,because the screen it's generally bigger (2560x1600 is still better) , but smaller than that = no way. I need all the vertical space I can get with 3DS Max and zBrush. 1080p (16:9) is claustrophobic. 

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

16:10 is way better than 16:9. No matter what. On a 27" I might deal with it (if 2560x1440) ,because the screen it's generally bigger (2560x1600 is still better) , but smaller than that = no way. I need all the vertical space I can get with 3DS Max and zBrush. 1080p (16:9) is claustrophobic. 

qft

Hmmm....tempting. I think a 34" 21:9 monitor is still the way I'm going to go with my next computer overhaul.

Unless some company goes absolutely nuts and builds a 34", 21:9 4k IPS monitor with GSync/Adaptive Sync. Such a thing will never exist though, I'm pretty sure of that.

Lol 1440p will not be the next standard!! i promise you! it will be 4k!!!

this is meh if people want to buy a 1440p monitor now i think thats a dumb decision but there choice 4k is the new standard whether u like it or not.

While I agree with the 4k being the next standard point, I don't think buying a 1440p monitor is stupid by any stretch of the imagination. It makes more sense at this size, and it gives better visuals now...not to mention it'll likely be a lot cheaper than a 4k IPS monitor. Not only that, but playing games on a 4k monitor and getting the same fps requires much, much more investment in cards, power supplies, etc.

That's like saying everyone's stupid for buying gasoline cars, and they should all go buy $70,000 Tesla's because they're the future. Sure, maybe. But it's not right now, and is still a ways off.

I'm kinda missing gsync here, otherwise amazing monitor, I just wished they stopped putting those God awful speakers on them

I wish they'd leave them out as well, but I bet they pay next to nothing for them so I don't think it'll lower the price of the monitor any. :(

No G-Sync though.

Wrong market. ;)

You guys should notice that 95% of that OP of mine was reworded from the source. I didn't wanna do a copy and paste job like "some" members on here do. I like to make an effort. ;)

*pats back*

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

More important, what's the pricing going to be like? If it's within Korean monitor price range I'm getting one. Everybody's all "4K!! ERMERGERD PERXELLS!" cheap 4k are screens coming around but it's about time someone made an affordable WQHD monitor that has a real warranty on it.

I imagine, since it's targeted more towards professionals and similar environments, it'll be priced in the $450+ range.

...and I just bought myself a brand new Dell U2414H. I am impressed by the BenQ connectivity (VGA, DVI, DP and HDMI). I suspect it will be an expensive monitor, but impressive as well.

Good job BenQ !

I'd be more than happy with the U2414H, unless you have the power for the extra pixels. I don't think VGA and DVI are anything to miss...hell even HDMI at this resolution isn't that important. Isn't it limited to 1200p or something?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@AlwaysFSX @virtualTune @BonBon Scott @tmcclelland455 @DEcobra11 can you guys answer this one please?

Considering you're my bae, I'm a little biased on this one.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'd be more than happy with the U2414H, unless you have the power for the extra pixels. I don't think VGA and DVI are anything to miss...hell even HDMI at this resolution isn't that important. Isn't it limited to 1200p or something?

I know I'll be happy with the U2414H and I don't have the video card to power the extra pixels in gaming (ATI 5770). I was just complaining about the timing...you buy something new and something "better" comes out the next day. :)

I don't need VGA or DVI for my personal computer, but I do repair friends computers from time to time and usually they have DVI or VGA. This wasn't a deal breaker since I bought the U2414H (which has no DVI or VGA), but it is still nice to get options.

I still think BenQ has something else here. On paper, it seems to be a very solid monitor with a display that will be beautiful.

wow

guys we are there

1440p is starting to take over 1080p in the 23 inch space

How did 4K come to 24" before 1440p did?

Have a bad day...

How did 4K come to 24" before 1440p did?

through an extreme price for a 24 incher

*pats back* That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Wasn't looking for any pats on the back. I just believe in making an effort in your posts and not copying and pasting from your source. If you're going to copy and paste a whole article of news then you might as well just post the link and call it a day. Although, as @LukaP pointed out, most people do just that and that is so damn lazy to me. I believe @LukaP will agree with me on this. #DamnLazy

Corrected spelling.

Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

While I agree with the 4k being the next standard point, I don't think buying a 1440p monitor is stupid by any stretch of the imagination. It makes more sense at this size, and it gives better visuals now...not to mention it'll likely be a lot cheaper than a 4k IPS monitor. Not only that, but playing games on a 4k monitor and getting the same fps requires much, much more investment in cards, power supplies, etc.

That's like saying everyone's stupid for buying gasoline cars, and they should all go buy $70,000 Tesla's because they're the future. Sure, maybe. But it's not right now, and is still a ways off.

Well not many people have enough money to go spend $600 - $700 on a monitor just for it to be out dated within a year most people like to buy a monitor and make it last for as long as they can which makes 1440p kinda stupid atm when u can get a 4k ips for $600 and yes games atm arent really great at 4k without spending loads of money on gpus but not everyone games or needs to game at 4k u can somewhat call buying a 4k monitor "future proofing" so when cards do get powerful enough at a better price which they will people will be ready its not like u cant game at all on a 4k monitor its just compromising and it wont be long as we have seen both amd and nvidia pushing for 4k and the industry bringing 4k prices down like last year 4k tv was $18k this year u can get a really nice one for $1000. buying a tesla is different as we are probably 6 - 10 years away from electric cars really flooding the market unlike 4k its basically here especially with apples new 5k imac that im assuming will have a big impact on high res content aswell as netflix.

Plus there are no 4K IPS monitors that are under $1,000. I'd feel like I's going backwards if I swapped a 2560x1440 IPS monitor for a 4K TN one. Also 4K displays only really work the best in OS X. I realise that Microsoft is making efforts to rectify this, however, they're still not quite there yet and and so my advice to anyone would be to stick with WQHD monitors for now.  ;)

Well thats not true u can get dells 4k ips 100% rgb or whatever for like $600 as for the OS scaling well yes that is true but microsoft has said windows 10 will be ready for 8k so lets just hope they keep there word.

Well thats not true, you can get Dells 4k IPS 100% RGB or whatever for like $600.

The UP2414Q? Well that's only on special temporarily and then it'll go back up to FULL PRICE, ;)

Plus, 4K @ 24" is too damn small...unless you've got super, amazingly sharp vision.....which I doubt anyone would. ;)

As for the OS scaling, well yes, that is true, but Microsoft has said Windows 10 will be ready for 8k. So lets just hope they keep their word.

Yes, let's hope. At least for your sake. ;):D

The UP2414Q? Well that's only on special temporarily and then it'll go back up to FULL PRICE, ;)

Plus, 4K @ 24" is too damn small...unless you've got super, amazingly sharp vision.....which I doubt anyone would. ;)

Yes, let's hope. At least for your sake. ;):D

Nope u can get it from ebay all day everyday for that price with 3yr warranty i know ebay but its the fact u can get it. I personally like 4k on 24" some would argue its the perfect size im pretty sure i heard Linus say it too also doesn't take up so much desk space also. 

Love the resolution, love the connectors and now, I just need to love the price.

What's the price on this? If it's $300 or less then it's a steal compared to the other 1440p displays out there.

Sure 4k will be standard sooner or later, but I would like to play my games at 60FPS, however at 4k resolution I cannot, so I'll stick with its older brother until then.

Love the resolution, love the connectors and now, I just need to love the price. What's the price on this? If it's $300 or less then it's a steal compared to the other 1440p displays out there.

Unknown at this stage but I'll update my OP as soon as more information becomes available, however, knowing that you can get a 27" WQHD monitor for $500 or less, I would expect to see the BenQ BL2420PT priced competitively at say $400ish more or less. :)

how much is it and where can i get 3 of them.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

how much is it and where can i get 3 of them.

I have answered this thrice. Just have a look at my posts. ;)

I have answered this thrice. Just have a look at my posts. ;)

The comment was made having looked at only brushed over the 1st page.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

That's awesome! Now let someone else do it without the ugly stand.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |