BenQ BL2420PT WQHD 23.8" IPS Monitor

Geekazoid

The comment was made having looked at only brushed over the 1st page.

I'll let you off with a caution. :P j o k i n g :P

Sorry if my comment seemed rude. I've just answered the same question 3 times and you kinda get tired of it. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

That's awesome! Now let someone else do it without the ugly stand.

Yes, I agree, the stand is a bit on the ugly side isn't it?

Yes, I agree, the stand is a bit on the ugly side isn't it?

Yeah, a bit clunky, specially at the base.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

wow

guys we are there

1440p is starting to take over 1080p in the 23 inch space

Pricing?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Pricing?

$5,000,000,000 :P. Read my posts please. ;)

Oh so the price is $5 billion?

That's pretty expensive if you ask me, guess I'll be sticking with my $3 billion 1080p panel for now.

Oh so the price is $5 billion?

That's pretty expensive if you ask me, guess I'll be sticking with my $3 billion 1080p panel for now.

:lol:. I have answered this several times. It's unknown at this stage but I'd hazard guess around $400ish give or take. :)

Well not many people have enough money to go spend $600 - $700 on a monitor just for it to be out dated within a year most people like to buy a monitor and make it last for as long as they can which makes 1440p kinda stupid atm when u can get a 4k ips for $600 and yes games atm arent really great at 4k without spending loads of money on gpus but not everyone games or needs to game at 4k u can somewhat call buying a 4k monitor "future proofing" so when cards do get powerful enough at a better price which they will people will be ready its not like u cant game at all on a 4k monitor its just compromising and it wont be long as we have seen both amd and nvidia pushing for 4k and the industry bringing 4k prices down like last year 4k tv was $18k this year u can get a really nice one for $1000. buying a tesla is different as we are probably 6 - 10 years away from electric cars really flooding the market unlike 4k its basically here especially with apples new 5k imac that im assuming will have a big impact on high res content aswell as netflix.

Well thats not true u can get dells 4k ips 100% rgb or whatever for like $600 as for the OS scaling well yes that is true but microsoft has said windows 10 will be ready for 8k so lets just hope they keep there word.

Link me to a 4k IPS panel that is that cheap, and I might agree cost wise.

However you're forgetting other variables.

So, say the person can't afford the graphics cards now to power games on a 4k monitor. Are they likely to have the money to spend on the monitor alone? Highly unlikely. Not only that, if they did, they'd be sacrificing other areas of their build. You'll combat that with "but future proofing", which is also a foolish idea as 4k panels will only drop in price in the future, and get better, so really they'll have wasted their money on old tech.

Why on earth would you spend the large amounts of money on a 4k set up, just do dumb down the graphics? That makes absolutely no sense at all. "Yeah, I want it to look awesome so I spent $700 on this 4k monitor!! But I have to play on low, cuz I can't get any higher without it lagging to 4 fps"

4k hasn't dropped that quickly in pricing. They weren't $18,000 last year. Yes, there were models that expensive, but there were also tons that were a lot cheaper.

You quote a $700 price for this monitor, yet no pricing was revealed. For all you know this could come in around $400, which is a very good price for its capabilities.

I didn't even touch on Windows, which isn't able to fully utilize the resolution yet. That will come with Windows 10. Right now, 4k is for early adopters, and the 1440p and 1080p monitors still have, and will continue to have a strong presence in the market place, for good reason.

As for Tesla, next year their new battery factory will be complete, which will produce enough batteries for 500,000 cars a year. More than the rest of the world combined, from one factory.

So yes, they are coming, and much faster than I think you realize.

It was a comparison. 4k and Tesla both being early examples, both being high priced. Wait until it's more mainstream which brings more streamlined, refined products and much cheaper pricing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OMG if this was 1600p (16:10) it would literally be perfection.

But this means it's getting closer. BenQ doing BenQ things, being epic.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I read the post and didn't see anything regarding price, and not in the links either

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Seems underwhelming after the 5k iMac announcement.

Manufactures are now going to be in hot pursuit to release high resolution IPS displays for cheap. (Think 4k 27" IPS displays for 1k)

id rather use 1280x1024 than 1080p just because it is more balanced for work. 1080p is to wide, so you end up with either one uberwide window, or two that are just a little too small. this is where 1600p shines

I agree about two that are a bit too small, but the problem is width for me. 2560 x XXXX of any kind (16:9 or 16:10) seems like it would alleviate my issue with 1080p. I feel like I may even like the new 3440x1440 monitors though as you could split the monitor between 3 windows and still have more width per window that a two window split on 1920x1080.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Really wanted an ROG Swift but the price tag is way to high. 

Hopefully this will be cheaper and I will be able to Afford it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

That's really cool !!! all 1440p monitors come at 27' ... i was using a 10' notbook for 2years and now i'm using a 15'laptop (since 2012) ... I'm planing t build my pc around a year now and i'm looking thinks that i wand on stores ... when i first time saw a 27' monitor i was like 'wow how the fck people gaming on those huge monitors wtf ' ... like really guys at least for me 27' was HUGE ... then 24' monitors was big for me too but i thing i can work with those ... i am looking for 1080p 24' 144hz ... or 1440p ips 27' ... now i will have that option too 24' 1440p ips ... that good move from Benq ! but bcs is benq i thing this monitor will be atleast 400$/€ ... :P (asus pb278q comes at 489€ ... :P )

image.jpg

BenQ are releasing an unheard of WQHD IPS monitor with a display size of just 23.8" that boasts the WQHD resolution of 2560x1440. You don't normally see this combination because usually such a high resolution is reserved for 27" monitors. The pixel density is said to be about 124 PPI (rounded up) and so you can expect pretty decent clarity from this monitor. The monitor features a true 8-bit colour display instead using the usually 6-bit + AFRC (or dithering) found on cheaper IPS monitors. This monitor also features BenQ's usual standard flicker-free backlight using DC rather than the usual PWM to regulate brightness. Also featured is their range of 'Low Blue Light' modes to help further reduce eye fatigue.

image.jpg image.jpg

With this monitor being aimed at the professional market it also includes various preset modes for 'Animation', 'CAD/CAM, 'Video Editing', 'REC 709' and 'Graphic Arts'. Users will of course be wanting to use it for 'non-professional' tasks as well. It will be very interesting to see how it fairs in terms of latency and overall responsiveness – all we have to go on at the moment is the specified 5ms grey to grey response time. The ports included on this monitor include the following:

• VGA (D-sub)

• DL DVI

• DP 1.2

• HDMI 1.4

• USB 2.0 Ports x2 + Upstream

• 3.5mm Headphone Jack

• 3.5mm Line-in

Also included with this monitor are a pair of integrated 1W speakers (one can expect the usual low quality sound output that you get from such speakers). The stand included is removable and attached by 100 x 100mm VESA mount and can be removed for an alternative VESA solution of your choice.

Further information can be found on BenQ's website: http://orwww2.benq.com/product/monitor/BL2420PT/

Source: https://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-bl2420pt-with-23-8-inch-wqhd-screen/

EDIT: Fixed repeated word and grammar.

This qualifies as a retina display.

I'm sold. My current monitor is taking up too much space anyway.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

wow

guys we are there

1440p is starting to take over 1080p in the 23 inch space

Well, the more things we have above 1080p, the sooner we get the entire world into the HD era.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Well, it's about 124 PPI. So it would be pretty sharp I'd imagine. :)

no it doesnt. for a couple of reasons

• "Retina" is an apple trademark used for apple displays above a certain pixel per arc second density. This isnt apple
  • Retina also means the display is well calibrated, there is no word on this being calibrated

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

no it doesnt. for a couple of reasons

• "Retina" is an apple trademark used for apple displays above a certain pixel per arc second density. This isnt apple
  • Retina also means the display is well calibrated, there is no word on this being calibrated

In terms of ppi, yes, it certainly does. You can call it w.e you want.

http://isthisretina.com/

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

In terms of ppi, yes, it certainly does. You can call it w.e you want.

http://isthisretina.com/

but it is still not retina. because then, pretty much every new phone is retina, as apples iphone6 is still <1080p. but you dont see anyone call it retina. you know why? because 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

but it is still not retina. because then, pretty much every new phone is retina, as apples iphone6 is still <1080p. but you dont see anyone call it retina. you know why? because 

Guess I've spotted an apple fanboy.

Noted.

Guess I've spotted an apple fanboy.

Noted.

im not an apple fanboy, im just objective, since for the last few years, apple has really been pushing specs and price competitivenes hard...

. what youre saying is akin to calling every android phone a Samsung Galaxy, just because samsung is the biggest player in the market. you still wont do it.

im not an apple fanboy, im just objective, since for the last few years, apple has really been pushing specs and price competitivenes hard...

. what youre saying is akin to calling every android phone a Samsung Galaxy, just because samsung is the biggest player in the market. you still wont do it.

Come on Luka, I think he just meant it has a higher pixel density than your regular 24" 1080p display. Please don't start an argument. I don't want this thread getting locked. That's all I ask mate. :)

Come on Luka, I think he just meant it has a higher pixel density than your regular 24" 1080p display. Please don't start an argument. I don't want this thread getting locked. That's all I ask mate. :)

im just telling him not to throw trademarked words around like that when it makes no sense... (cue the samsung galaxy comparison).... also, him flamebaiting with the fanboyism didnt help his case at all :P and believe me, i love this monitor. and i own no apple products. i just dont like it when people just say stuff that is clearly not true and then call me a fanboy when i prove them wrong

im just telling him not to throw trademarked words around like that when it makes no sense... (cue the samsung galaxy comparison).... also, him flamebaiting with the fanboyism didnt help his case at all :P and believe me, i love this monitor. and i own no apple products. i just dont like it when people just say stuff that is clearly not true and then call me a fanboy when i prove them wrong

Okay, I get that. But you be the bigger person and show him how one should behave. ;):)