BenQ BL2420PT WQHD 23.8" IPS Monitor

Geekazoid

Okay, I get that. But you be the bigger person and show him how one should behave. ;):)

i have ;) he flamed me, and i just gave him some more info :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Alright, well, I think you're probably in a bit of a facetious mood so I'll just say no more about it.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Alright, well, I think you're probably in a bit of a facetious mood so I'll just say no more about it.

i just woke up ^^ i just need to eat me breakfast and ill be good haha

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

i just woke up ^^ i just need to eat me breakfast and ill be good haha

Ah, alright. Well go an have your breakfast quick! :)

Retina, as Steve Jobs said: "It turns out there’s a magic number right around 300 pixels per inch, that when you hold something around to 10 to 12 inches away from your eyes, is the limit of the human retina to differentiate the pixels." Given a large enough viewing distance, all displays eventually become "retina."

By the way, throwing in the calibration argument was just silly and unnecessary because with the proper tools you can calibrate any monitor yourself.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Retina, as Steve Jobs said: "It turns out there’s a magic number right around 300 pixels per inch, that when you hold something around to 10 to 12 inches away from your eyes, is the limit of the human retina to differentiate the pixels." Given a large enough viewing distance, all displays eventually become "retina."

By the way, throwing in the calibration argument was just silly and unnecessary because with the proper tools you can calibrate any monitor yourself.

Mate, we're just been trying to end this debate. Would you mind just dropping it please?

Mate, we're just been trying to end this debate. Would you mind just dropping it please?

Don't fret. I said what needed to be said.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Don't fret. I said what needed to be said.

Okay, alright. Well now that you've said it you'll drop it now, yeah?

@eLucid, I take it from your like that your answer is yes (probably obvious but still have to check)?

We're good.

We're good.

Sweet! :)

• 4 months later...

They must make 23-24" 4K monitor, it will have so high PPI that you would not need to set AA in games, so yuor gaming performance on 4K will be great without AA :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

They must make 23-24" 4K monitor, it will have so high PPI that you would not need to set AA in games, so yuor gaming performance on 4K will be great without AA :)

Dell already has one, and it's rather cheap for an IPS panel. 60Hz too.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

its funny how were taking over 1080p and consoles are still on 720/900p... its just embarrassing 

I really hope that given that there is the Acer xr341ck coming out, and I am dying for it--I do hope that these 24" 1440p screens can also get higher refresh rates, as well as adaptive-sync.  Now we just need 21:9 4k panels!

Lol 1440p will not be the next standard!! i promise you! it will be 4k!!!

this is meh if people want to buy a 1440p monitor now i think thats a dumb decision but there choice 4k is the new standard whether u like it or not.

I prefer 3440x1440 over 4k. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Acer xr341ck.  That damn thing, man.  It's going to be -amazing-.  

Lol 1440p will not be the next standard!! i promise you! it will be 4k!!!

this is meh if people want to buy a 1440p monitor now i think thats a dumb decision but there choice 4k is the new standard whether u like it or not.

1. full words please. "u" doesn't count.

2. I don't care if it's not quite correct, but some punctuation is necessary to not sound like a 12-year-old

3. I have a 1440p monitor and I would get an ultrawide 3440x1440 (21:9) monitor before 4K. I like the horizontal screen real estate more.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

1. full words please. "u" doesn't count.

2. I don't care if it's not quite correct, but some punctuation is necessary to not sound like a 12-year-old

3. I have a 1440p monitor and I would get an ultrawide 3440x1440 (21:9) monitor before 4K. I like the horizontal screen real estate more.

We are in a thread about a 2560x1440 monitor, im clearly talking about a 16.9 monitor!

Mods wtf is with you letting this necro shit ffs -_-

We are in a thread about a 2560x1440 monitor, im clearly talking about a 16.9 monitor!

Mods wtf is with you letting this necro shit ffs -_-

to be fair this entire last page is from yesterday. somebody else put it back on the front page.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

price? $250 please?  :D

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270