BenQ BL2420PT WQHD 23.8" IPS Monitor

Geekazoid

he is just trolling. hes an idiot secretly ;)

Who are you calling an idiot? :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Who are you calling an idiot? :o

you ;) secretly of course. noone knows but me

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

4K will takeover 1440p simply because there's no 1440p TVs and no 1440p-native content on the market.

It's a gamer/creative industry exclusive resolution, which might seem popular on these forums, but not outside of the tech world.

I think of it like 1440p is the equivelent of 1600x900 a few years ago. It was a good jump over 720p but completely eclipsed by 1080p. So 1080p will be the equivalent of 720p, 1440p will equal 900p, and 4k will be the 1080p of the future.

you ;) secretly of course. noone knows but me

Riiiight! And you're secretly a damn idiot (slightly worse :P). But only I know this of course. :D

Riiiight! And you're secretly a damn idiot (slightly worse :P). But only I know this of course. :D

im secretly a moron ;) i just dont show it as much as you

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

im secretly a moron ;) i just dont show it as much as you

LMBO. Do you you always jokingly insult people? :D :lol:

@AlwaysFSX @virtualTune @BonBon Scott @tmcclelland455 @DEcobra11 can you guys answer this one please?

this. is. awesome. finally somethinf with a decent PPI and not supersmall. i just wish it would be 16:10. thats what should be the standard. 16:9 is just too wide

And I'm sitting here, wishing my 16:9 monitor was 21:9.

@AlwaysFSX @virtualTune @BonBon Scott @tmcclelland455 @ decobra11 can you guys answer this one please?

You can't answer it yourself? ;)

More important, what's the pricing going to be like? If it's within Korean monitor price range I'm getting one. Everybody's all "4K!! ERMERGERD PERXELLS!" cheap 4k are screens coming around but it's about time someone made an affordable WQHD monitor that has a real warranty on it.

More important, what's the pricing going to be like? If it's within Korean monitor price range I'm getting one. Everybody's all "4K!! ERMERGERD PERXELLS!" cheap 4k are screens coming around but it's about time someone made an affordable WQHD monitor that has a real warranty on it.

This is all unknown, however, I will update my OP when more information becomes available. ;)

@AlwaysFSX @virtualTune @BonBon Scott @tmcclelland455 @DEcobra11 can you guys answer this one please?

Lerka is an extremely serious person, he never jokes. Run fast, run far.

No worries mate! I'm not offended. It's only when you start using God's name in vain that I'll get offended. I's half joking...seriously. :)

It is a bit of an annoyance when people use Clarkson's name in vain.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Lerka is an extremely serious person, he never jokes. Run fast, run far.

Ookkaaaaayyyy, riiiight. I ain't running anywhere. :D

It is a bit of an annoyance when people use Clarkson's name in vain.

See, this is why I don't like talking about my faith on the forums. People like to turn it into a freaking joke. Tis not a joke.

id rather use 1280x1024 than 1080p just because it is more balanced for work. 1080p is to wide, so you end up with either one uberwide window, or two that are just a little too small. this is where 1600p shines

The previous place I worked at had 16:10 Fujitsu monitors. Not the BEST things, but the form factor was fucking amazing for productivity. Why not get one of those instead?

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

The previous place I worked at had 16:10 Fujitsu monitors. Not the BEST things, but the form factor was fucking amazing for productivity. Why not get one of those instead?

because im moneyless. when i get money, im upgrading my screens to 1600p@27" anyway. either dell or asus

because im moneyless. when i get money, im upgrading my screens to 1600p@27" anyway. either dell or asus

Fair enough :P

I quite like 16:9 myself, although I do use two of them so that helps massively of course.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Aren't 16:10 monitors mostly even sizes like 24", 30" etc.?

Fair enough :P

I quite like 16:9 myself, although I do use two of them so that helps massively of course.

if id have to use 16:9, id use 3, in a portrait surround. well thats what i plan on doing in a while anyway, but with 16:10

See, this is why I don't like talking about my faith on the forums. People like to turn it into a freaking joke. Tis not a joke.

'tis not a joke, how do you know that I don't actually worship Clarkson?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

These naming schemes need to stahp.

Everyone says video cards names are getting out of hand, what about monitors??

...and I just bought myself a brand new Dell U2414H. I am impressed by the BenQ connectivity (VGA, DVI, DP and HDMI). I suspect it will be an expensive monitor, but impressive as well.

Good job BenQ !

now that is a big fat lie right there.

And yet you still make that mistake ^^

@Geekazoid, he actually does. Seriously.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

this. is. awesome. finally somethinf with a decent PPI and not supersmall. i just wish it would be 16:10. thats what should be the standard. 16:9 is just too wide

Same width...Just a little higher... You mean too narrow?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm kinda missing gsync here, otherwise amazing monitor, I just wished they stopped putting those God awful speakers on them

Yeah, monitors should nix speakers altogether. Unneeded expense for no added quality.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd