Giant leap in future internet speeds.

Ggunn74

This will enable a lot higher data rate thru Fiber optics.

"Physicists from Imperial College London and the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena have developed a laser capable of switching on and off 10 times faster than was previously possible."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137731-Physicists-Create-Lasers-That-Accelerate-the-Interaction-Between-Light-and-Matter

Problem with internet speeds is that it is not holded back by technology but ISPs. But it would be cool if it was implemented. I have 30/5 MB/s speeds right now which is prety good for what I pay but I would like to have at least 100/100 like a standart.

IF ISPs care to implement it (they won't)

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Isps (at least in aus) seem to be reluctant to give even anything >20mbps, so there's no hope of possibly getting this to go commercial (again, at least in aus)

but...on the enterprise side...now that'll be good...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

thats awesome and sad... Technologies like this existing but never making their way to the general consumer is a pitty.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Problem with internet speeds is that it is not holded back by technology but ISPs. But it would be cool if it was implemented. I have 30/5 MB/s speeds right now which is prety good for what I pay but I would like to have at least 100/100 like a standart.

In lithuania 100/100 is standart already :P

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

thats awesome and sad... Technologies like this existing but never making their way to the general consumer is a pitty.

It will make its way to consumers but it will take some time, i see data centers and heavy data sites like Youtube and netflix pushing this kind of thing hard and adopting this first but after that it will become more common in some countries but since a lot of the world doesn´t have the kind of monopolistic ISPs that america has, those countries will adopt it a lot faster since those usually have true competition in the market. 

I have my own wants for that laser and it doesn't concern internet speeds or communication. Its to speed up product development that is promised to be coming in 2020.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Don't understand why governments in some parts of the world aren't pushing harder for faster internet, especially in the birthplace of it all: the U.S.. Here in Singapore, fibre internet speeds at and beyond 100mbps - both ways - are the norm, and you can get 1Gbps internet for around SGD$50 a month - that's about USD$40. I myself am on a 200mbps - again, both ways - fibre internet connection and I spend only about SGD$40 (USD$31) a month for that, which includes a digital landline thrown in. And there's absolutely no data caps either - that's only if you own a mobile plan (whose caps are rather ridiculous here but nowhere as bad as what I have seen in the U.S.).

IF ISPs care to implement it (they won't)

Things are looking grim right now indeed, but remember that their extreme nearsightedness will eventually catch up with them: There's just no way that one of the main economies in the world can be completely held back permanently by ISPs and that's why I said that eventually they won't be able to bribe themselves into complacency anymore when it actually starts hurting the economy and lots of companies start failing or leaving. It's a pity that it has to go to those extremes apparently but in today's world having a permanent state of crap internet access or excessive and abusive charges is just not sustainable for businesses when so much depends on a good network connection now.

It will be the equivalent of an entire country going "Oh well we don't have enough money to do a highway system, you need to continue to use just regular 2 lane driveways or pay 200 bucks for every single trip on like 4 different highways and we won't invest and create more infrastructure" Obviously you'll get a nationwide gridlock and nobody would be able to do business. Stupid old men accepting bribes can't stop progress forever.

-------

Current Rig

-------

tech aint the limit, companies with the monopoly are.

altough if 1 changes all others are forced to do the same.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

The ISP's will implement it then throttle the shit out of it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

my 100/50 will be here soon cant wait!!! fiber is already in my street!

I have a fiber connection but I only get 8 mbps down and 1 mbps up.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

could current underwater fiberoptic cables could theoretically be able to transmit 10 times faster by just changing "laser"  or what ever its called ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

In lithuania 100/100 is standart already :P

Bitch please.. in Estonia they have Gbit speeds.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I have a fiber connection but I only get 8 mbps down and 1 mbps up.

Where do u live?

Bitch please.. in Estonia they have Gbit speeds.

Yes, we do have those too. But I am talking about the lowest fiber plans.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Where do u live?

I live in UAE.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Meanwhile...

1959581_861414607215787_2010619984437893

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Meanwhile...

snip

Assuming that is a business Fiber line?

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB