So,we are screwed?

Mitico

Over 100 peoples in quarantine for ebola,1 in hawaii and another one in D.C and like 400 more (from the plane)... What's your opinion about this? How this will end?

Stupid people are stupid , It all started with african mob raiding ebola quarantine zone in their village , then an US doctor that flew with the ebola virus to the US , and then this crap ensues . I just hope it can be contained

nuke africa!

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

here :

10517566_899119033442442_256863481912105

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

nuke africa!

nuke your face !

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

people will find a vaccine in no time once someone half important gets infected..or a lot of people.

There was a doctor which was infected by ebola (american one if i am not wrong),last thing they said on news that they tried experimental vaccine on him,but then silence... Idk if they will use vaccine only for "importan people" or for everyone

Stupid people are stupid , It all started with african mob raiding ebola quarantine zone in their village , then an US doctor that flew with the ebola virus to the US , and then this crap ensues . I just hope it can be contained

I dont think it can be contained,in 2 days there are already over 100 suspect cases...Best thing to do is blocking all trips untill its under control

Hippos kill 2900 people per year, I have a bigger chance of getting killed by a hippo than catching ebola. Also, 35 000 die every year from the FLU! Why would I worry about media hype(ebola)?

Since ebola is way more dealy than flu and hippos...And,i dont think there are many hippos where you live :D

Over 100 peoples in quarantine for ebola,1 in hawaii and another one in D.C and like 400 more (from the plane)... What's your opinion about this? How this will end?

Right, so how many have developed Ebola symptoms? Quarantine means possible exposure, not actual contamination.

Where did you get 400 people from the plane? The dude had no symptoms on the plane and at that stage it is not contagious.

Ebola is not the flu. It is not airborne. You don't catch it from being within a couple of meters.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

As a biomedical scientist, articles about Ebola provoke at most a pause in my tea drinking to absorb the information before I move on and the tea-drinking can resume.

In a developed country it really is not a huge deal - ofc, I wouldn't exactly call the USA a "developed" country in terms of the health service, since there's probably a pretty large amount of people who are gonna catch ebola and have no health insurance. Still, assuming a reasonable level of competence enough to prevent the disease from forming a reservoir (which is easy enough given the rate at which ebola kills the host is generally much faster than the rate at which it infects new ones), it will be contained with relative ease. Ofc, a continued influx of people from infected countries will not help.

Even in a worst case scenario, the mortality rate is only about 20% in the developed world. It only approaches 90% in places like Africa - with the overall mortality rate being ~50%.

If it comes to Canada I'm living in my boat

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I dont think it can be contained,in 2 days there are already over 100 suspect cases...Best thing to do is blocking all trips untill its under control

No, not suspect cases. None of those people have developed symptoms. They only came into contact with that dude.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Since ebola is way more dealy than flu and hippos...And,i dont think there are many hippos where you live :D

Blocking all flights would cause major panic let alone all traffic. And they could be wrong about the 100 suspected cases, but if even one is infected and they place the non infected people with that person, then they might be 100 confirmed cases.

Malaria kills roughly 1 000 000 per year. It's spread by mosquitoes so it's a greater danger than this. :P

Also there is a hippo in the local zoo here! :o

here :

Excuse me , that virus is perfectly capable of producing a pandemic , so please 

Right, so how many have developed Ebola symptoms? Quarantine means possible exposure, not actual contamination.

Where did you get 400 people from the plane? The dude had no symptoms on the plane and at that stage it is not contagious.

Ebola is not the flu. It is not airborne. You don't catch it from being within a couple of meters.

The airline traced down all people from that flight so they can check everyone...Even if is not airbone infection the chance in getting it from someone is high imo...

Hippos kill 2900 people per year, I have a bigger chance of getting killed by a hippo than catching ebola. Also, 35 000 die every year from the FLU! Why would I worry about media hype(ebola)?

I was going to say ' So? ebola kills 1 million people per year'

But then I remembered it was malaria, not ebola.

The airline traced down all people from that flight so they can check everyone...Even if is not airbone infection the chance in getting it from someone is high imo...

It really isn't. I've worked in labs with diseases like HIV, and they're in the lower containment levels because they're so hard to catch. Contact between bodily fluids is pretty easy to avoid if you're trying - I know a lot of fuss is made about the sweat thing but firstly transmission rates from sweat are low and secondly not many people have their blood exposed to other people's sweat. You can't catch it just by touching them, unless you have a cut I suppose.

delete system32 solves everything

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It's just swine flu all over again, everyone is shitting themselves over it, thinking it'll be the apocalypse, then it'll all blow over in a few months.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Hm, I'm not so sure. Ebola has low transmission rates and high mortality - that isn't pandemic material. For a pandemic you want the opposite - high transmission and low mortality, so it gets round as many people as possible. Ebola has a tendency to kill off its hosts faster than it can infect new ones in less developed countries, and in more developed countries with adequate medical care, 80% of people can survive it.

this... after all this time in the shit poor parts of afrika last i saw a number something like 3000 people have died.. its NOTHING.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Its harder than what it looks to avoid contact with other peoples fuilds... As you will see in this link (there was even another episode where they used special glowing substance to test if is possible to avoid fluilds from people with infu)...And not to mention that more than 70% of people dosen't care to sneeze at you or cough at you without using hands...I just hope they will controll the ebola situation...Since i am not in the mood to die at 24/26 years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vw0hIs2LEg

-.- ... ---> http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/ten-things-you-really-should-know-about-ebola

read the ''should I be worried'' part, please

"BIRD FLU WILL LEAD TO THE END OF THE WORLD", they said.

"SWINE FLU WILL LEAD TO THE END OF THE WORLD", they said.

"EBOLA WILL LEAD TO THE END OF THE WORLD", they said.