So,we are screwed?

Mitico

Are you serious? He doesn't believe any of it? Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Because he is a very good troll.

Idk. He might.

The way I see it, it is irrelevant whether he is a troll or not. The affect of his actions makes him a troll. 

Eh, most of these folks are really in denial. So an American finally gets ebola, and meanwhile thousands perish in Africa and the fat fucks only see it as another charity at McDonald's and the wealthy only see it as another tax write-off. If they were to embrace their selfishness and greed maybe they'd be able to overcome it, no? No.

I really don't care at all. Fuck the American ebola patient. I hope they die as a spiteful middle finger to all the asswipes that want to jump for them over the mess in Africa.

AAaaaaannnd I've lost just enough brain cells to learn to never click on these threads again... Thanks Alex and I/O

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

The chinese government is being very careful about it. There has not been a case of ebola here yet, and at all airports and borders, they are checking.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

All that need to be done is quarantine anyone in contact with it.

If 5000 people die to it thats still only .0000007 of the worlds population and its no big woop. I prob have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.

And im sorry but if you go over to treat people put yourself into quarantine for a few days just to make sure

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Ebola is a really harsh disease, but also one hard to contract. Seriously, you'd have to be /very/ involved with someone to get it. As in, body fluids involved.

Also, believe it or not, unless you're against vaccines you'd know that most people are vaccinated against it. And if you're wondering why aren't they curing it with the vaccines, it's because vaccines are to help your body know how to defend itself if it gets infected, not to cure someone who's already sick.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

A Doctor (the one that went to the airport in full biohazard gear, wasn't reported on in the US, at least not by the TV) just called into a local talk radio station I listen to and said that the health care community has been expecting sporadic outbreaks in the US for several weeks. And that the CDC is completely in damage control mode when they tell people everything is fine.

My advice, start wearing gloves and a mask when you go out, we already have. (just to remind people who think that's crazy, people do it in China and Japan all the time during flu season)

That's good advice imo... Also,seems that people are optimistic about ebola,wonder if you know that there is no cure for ebola,and "death time" is between 1/2 weeks...And yet,there is no cure for it (that's why it is so dangerous)...Mortality is between 50/90% (not 20 as someone said) since there are 4 different "gyves" (not sure they are called so) and just one is not dangerous for people... You seems to forget also,more infected people equals more mutated virus (they believe it will be airbone trasmision also)

Just tell the Polar Bear about ... "Some Shit" that's going around and he'll scare it off back to the hole it crawled out of LOL. PS Are you a ... "Newfie" per chance ?

What is a newfie ? 

Anyway, the thing is ebola do not scare me yet because I very rarely watch the news, therefore I rarely hear of it. Also, if it's an African disease, chances are it wouldn't handle cold climate very well wouldn't it ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

It's only an issue in countries with no real disease control centers. As it's so difficult to transmute (bodily fluid contact) it's pretty easy to isolate affected victims, and find any areas where people could have been infected

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The vaccine conspiracies are amazing, I'll give you guys that. 

You know what it usually takes to use experimental drugs? A lot of paperwork and signing off from the hospital, labs, and lawyers. They don't just whip out experimental drugs for nothing, unless they are getting very desperate. 

I did some diagnostics shadowing. I never got to see serious cases, but they never jumped to "hey we should try experimental drug ABC to treat this". They don't. Drugs are experimental for a reason. Some are still in early phases and barely ready for closed trials much less full on use. 

Some Canadian hospitals are getting this experimental drug, cause what else can they honestly do? Nothing. Thats what. If you think big pharma is sitting on its butt with a catch all cure...then wow. I mean, I'll give you guys this; big pharma will sit on databases of protein markers and drug structures cause they don't know what else to do with them, but the conspiracy theory level thinking in that a major player is actively withholding the cure? Really? 

As a Swede I find these conspiracy theories hilarious, since we get free healthcare and free vaccinations.

The more I am sick, the less money the government makes, so why would they spend money vaccinating me, to make me sick, so that they can spend more money treating me?

The conspiracy theory barely holds water in the US, and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in countries with free healthcare.

Personally I am not afraid at all. I will just continue to do what I've always done. Wash my hands on a regular basis and don't exchange bodily fluids with strangers.

As a Sweden I find these conspiracy theories hilarious, since we get free healthcare and free vaccinations.

The more I am sick, the less money the government makes, so why would they spend money vaccinating me, to make me sick, so that they can spend more money treating me?

The conspiracy theory barely holds water in the US, and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in countries with free healthcare.

Personally I am not afraid at all. I will just continue to do what I've always done. Wash my hands on a regular basis and don't exchange bodily fluids with strangers.

I personally vaccinate cause it takes all of 5 minutes out of my office schedule to do it, and its free. Why not? 

Even though influenza vaccines are only so useful based on how well the researchers predicted the popular strains, it still doesn't hurt to get it done. I still do, even when I still end up getting seriously sick because I nabbed onto the strain they didn't account for. 

we all die from it! and even if we dont...we still eventually all die! so....we're f*cked!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

we all die from it! and even if we dont...we still eventually all die! so....we're f*cked!

Wow that logic 

As a Swede I find these conspiracy theories hilarious, since we get free healthcare and free vaccinations.

Then they tell me the most powerful men on the planet couldn't keep Watergate secret.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

This reminds me of the Plague Inc. game, I wonder who's playing this time xD

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

Over 100 peoples in quarantine for ebola,1 in hawaii and another one in D.C and like 400 more (from the plane)... What's your opinion about this? How this will end?

there are vaccines there are now, but they need more testing and clearing. not that it has come to the US ebola is screwed. like @loccilucas said, its swine flu all over again.

Wow that logic 

i know right. i think im a genius

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M