So,we are screwed?

Mitico

You refuse to admit anyone with the infected nation's stamp on their passport, that's what the passport is for, to see where that person has been, not just where they are coming from.

Leaving any US citizen in the area to die because you suddenly decided to stop all flights....

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The truth about ebola is that it's hard to catch it even if someone has it in the same room as you. It's not as contagious as people think.

And like the first commenter said, once enough people are infected we will find a cure in no time :P

Would you sit in the same room with that person? Doubtful. I've heard a few doctors say that all you'd have to do is shake their hand, and then rub your eyes.

Don't panic, but don't keep your head in the sand people.

Leaving any US citizen in the area to die because you suddenly decided to stop all flights....

Safety of the population at large is more important, sorry.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

once enough people are infected we will find a cure in no time :P

That's an extremely naive and bold claim.

Safety of the population at large is more important, sorry.

I just think that you and I aren't nearly wise enough claim to know when such a meature is adviseable because there has been plenty of virus outbreaks in the past and there will be plenty in the future and you just can't close down air travel constantly. Why are you so sure that such an extreme meature is necessery at this point?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The vaccine conspiracies are amazing, I'll give you guys that. 

You know what it usually takes to use experimental drugs? A lot of paperwork and signing off from the hospital, labs, and lawyers. They don't just whip out experimental drugs for nothing, unless they are getting very desperate. 

I did some diagnostics shadowing. I never got to see serious cases, but they never jumped to "hey we should try experimental drug ABC to treat this". They don't. Drugs are experimental for a reason. Some are still in early phases and barely ready for closed trials much less full on use. 

Some Canadian hospitals are getting this experimental drug, cause what else can they honestly do? Nothing. Thats what. If you think big pharma is sitting on its butt with a catch all cure...then wow. I mean, I'll give you guys this; big pharma will sit on databases of protein markers and drug structures cause they don't know what else to do with them, but the conspiracy theory level thinking in that a major player is actively withholding the cure? Really? 

when the right hand is waving at you, look to see what the left hand is up to. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I just think that you and I aren't nearly wise enough claim to know when such a meature is adviseable because there has been plenty of virus outbreaks in the past and there will be plenty in the future and you just can't close down air travel constantly. Why are you so sure that such an extreme meature is necessery at this point?

Because It's a disease that has no cure, and a 70% mortality rate. Not doing anything is the worst possible thing you can do. All we have to do is deny entry in the US from any of the infected nations, send aid as we plan to (on chartered flights).

It's standard quarentine procedure. You don't just say "fuck it, don't do anything until theres more of a problem"

An overabundance of caution is far safer than naively hoping that everything will be alright.

conspiracy theory

Words used by people that 1.) don't understand or 2.) are scared.

For once we agree. People need to get their heads out of the sand and start being cautious. Not panic, not freak out, just be careful and practice basic hygenic safety. Wear a mask in public, wear gloves, if you go shopping, sanitize your hands before putting anything in your mouth or even rubbing your eyes.

LOL the Irony

For once we agree. People need to get their heads out of the sand and start being cautious. Not panic, not freak out, just be careful and practice basic hygenic safety. Wear a mask in public, wear gloves, if you go shopping, sanitize your hands before putting anything in your mouth or even rubbing your eyes.

There is a difference. Im not sticking my head in the sand, and im not saying that you should not be careful, but you are describing basic hygeine that you should use every day(Except fucking masks....jesus. The chance of you meating a ebola victim at this point is 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001) to combat normal disease.....

Are you seriously going out of the house in a freaking mask?

but believing that ebola is dangerous and saying that big pharma is withholding a cure isn't the same.

I haven't taken a vaccine since they forced us to as children in yearly grade school. All I know is that when my comrades took that Swine Flu vaccine they where the ones getting sick to the point where some had to take time off of work. Anytime someone asks to stick a needle in my arm I ask them ... "Do you know what the heck you are putting in me" evidently they had no idea in regards to the Swine Flu Vaccination so I told them to bugger off.

Fair enough but please remember that Swine Flu is not Ebola. Ebola is several levels higher.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

There is a difference. Im not sticking my head in the sand, and im not saying that you should not be careful, but you are describing basic hygeine that you should use every day(Except fucking masks....jesus. The chance of you meating a ebola victim at this point is 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001) to combat normal disease.....

Are you seriously going out of the house in a freaking mask?

but believing that ebola is dangerous and saying that big pharma is withholding a cure isn't the same.

Not a gas mask, a simple "surgical mask", those little cloth things, which is something that people should wear to begin with during flu season. Doesn't hurt anything to wear one (just mildly uncomfortable), and it keeps you from getting other shit, not just possible ebola.

Fair enough but please remember that Swine Flu is not Ebola. Ebola is several levels higher.

That's exactly what they said about the Swine Flu LOL. I can't remember what the Swine Flu was supposed to have been mutated from but the facts are people died from taken that Vaccination and many got sick ranging from mild flu like symptoms to full on hospitalization and even death in a few cases where they already had a compromised immune system.

Not a gas mask, a simple "surgical mask", those little cloth things, which is something that people should wear to begin with during flu season. Doesn't hurt anything to wear one (just mildly uncomfortable), and it keeps you from getting other shit, not just possible ebola.

It also blocks the ... "Chem Trails" !

Even if they did find a vaccine, what do you think would happen? Pharmaceutical companies would lock it away in vaults and sell it to the highest bidder. It's just gonna become another cash cow.

It also blocks the ... "Chem Trails" !

Eh, for that you'd probably need a NBC rated gas mask and suit :P

I still don't know what's up with the chem trails thing, half of me thinks it's real, half assumes it's bullshit, all of me knows there's not a goddamned thing we can do about it.

I prefer to actually let my body get certain bacteria so I actually am able to combat shit. The possibility of a flu isn't enough to make me go outside with a surgical mask because im so scared of every eventuality.....

I prefer to actually let my body get certain bacteria so I actually am able to combat shit. The possibility of a flu isn't enough to make me go outside with a surgical mask because im so scared of every eventuality.....

Not scared of it, I'd just rather avoid feeling like complete and utter shit for a while, I get enough bacteria in my house and living in the country lol

Eh, for that you'd probably need a NBC rated gas mask and suit :P

I still don't know what's up with the chem trails thing, half of me thinks it's real, half assumes it's bullshit, all of me knows there's not a goddamned thing we can do about it.

Chem Trails is the funniest conspiracy ever.

Even if they did find a vaccine, what do you think would happen? Pharmaceutical companies would lock it away in vaults and sell it to the highest bidder. It's just gonna become another cash cow.

The Government's would buy the Vaccine from Big pharma. See how it works. Government, Media, The Fed, Wall Street, Banks, big Pharma, Military, Oil Cartels, big Corporation are all in cahoots.   

Would you sit in the same room with that person? Doubtful. I've heard a few doctors say that all you'd have to do is shake their hand, and then rub your eyes.

Don't panic, but don't keep your head in the sand people.

I have to admit that I wouldn't, but one of my teacher in High School talked about this regularly in our class and mentioned this, I should ask her this question :P I just wanted to pass the knowledge and maybe with any chance make someone who is stressed by this (can we call it an epidemia ?) feel a bit better.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

It's like intercourse without the condoms .. so much better LOL.

That's an extremely naive and bold claim.

I didn't mean they would find one at once, but I have faith in our knowledge and research and develepment capacities as a race. We survived so much.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1