Need a pistol under 500$ USD

Recon97

Can't you just buy a tazer or a pepperspray for "self-defence"? Or even a stupid baseball bat? I can't really see why a 17 year old would have to defend his house with a gun.

Then again, I'm not an American so I may see things differently (Not better nor worse, just different).

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

Can't you just buy a tazer or a pepperspray for "self-defence"? Or even a stupid baseball bat? I can't really see why a 17 year old would have to defend his house with a gun.

Then again, I'm not an American so I may see things differently (Not better nor worse, just different).

actually a friend of mine who is a RSO says that they actually recommend instead of pepperspray use a can of wasp spray. it shoots more accurately, shoots up to 20 feet, is usually a larger can so you get a longer time of spray, and instead of just burning it legitimately blinds the attacker temporarily until taken to a hospital for treatment. this would be for home since a can of wasp spray can be large and cumbersome to carry daily

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

actually a friend of mine who is a RSO says that they actually recommend instead of pepperspray use a can of wasp spray. it shoots more accurately, shoots up to 20 feet, is usually a larger can so you get a longer time of spray, and instead of just burning it legitimately blinds the attacker temporarily until taken to a hospital for treatment. this would be for home since a can of wasp spray can be large and cumbersome to carry daily

Ouch.....I still prefer shotgun for home defense.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If it's for home defense why not just buy a Shotgun? Handgun is nice for portability and all but if it's for home defense I'd rather buy a Shotgun.

oh yeah. a nice spray or lead will beat the wasp spray for sure

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

I didn't know that, both peppersprays and tazers are illegal in Belgium.

And on a side note, I can't understand why so many people recommend guns to a 17 year old on an internet forum. Sounds very irresponsible to me.

Anyway, I don't feel like starting a gung debate. ^^

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

The fact you call a Civilian(Semi-Auto) AK-47 / AR 15 a assault rifle means you don't know much about guns 

p.s AR in AR 15 Means Armalite rifle 

The AK-47 is a selective fire assault rifle. AFAIK no actual AK-47 is semi-auto only. Some clones perhaps?

Not going to be a dick and get into the whole gun law debate, but if where you live is so dangerous then why not save the money and move?

Buy a knife, not a gun. More damage can of course be done with a knife.

I don't get why you would "need" one anyway unless you have schizophrenia anyway.

Compatible with Windows 95

Just want to derail the topic.If I am only considering home defends should I buy ak. 47 or ar. 15 or any kinda shotgun(pump. Action)

If you're only considering home defence you should move to somewhere safer and lock the doors...

Buy a knife, not a gun. More damage can of course be done with a knife.

I don't get why you would "need" one anyway unless you have schizophrenia anyway.

Gotta love the gun advice from people who don't own guns and don't know anything about owning guns.

If you want a gun for home defense get one if you can. Get properly trained with it, be responsible, don't become a danger to those around you that don't mean you harm.

The AK-47 is a selective fire assault rifle. AFAIK no actual AK-47 is semi-auto only. Some clones perhaps?

Yes it would have to be a clone unless it was Made/Imported to the US before May 19, 1986. Even then it would cost Way over $500 

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

as a close personal friend of an elderly couple who was able to defend themselves from a meth twisted individual who broke into their home in the middle of the night with a legaly held 9mm ruger I would have to say i absolutely believe in an individuals right to defend themselves and im sure we can all agree a guy who is high as a kite on meth isnt going to be stopped by a knife or some other less lethal device

Are short swords an option for you? Like a Wakizashi? :D  Or something like a crossbow, even a pistol sized one?

I can't really recommend any firearms. Not because you're apparently 17, but because of me not having any real experiences with firearms for purposes like these, so don't follow my advice.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Gotta love the gun advice from people who don't own guns and don't know anything about owning guns.

If you want a gun for home defense get one if you can. Get properly trained with it, be responsible, don't become a danger to those around you that don't mean you harm.

Yeah, I know little, was never saying I did tbh.

Compatible with Windows 95

Just want to derail the topic.If I am only considering home defends should I buy ak. 47 or ar. 15 or any kinda shotgun(pump. Action)

[sarcasm] I think a G36 would be quite suitable, in German engineering we trust! [/sarcasm]

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Not sure if you're trolling, but yes you do.

Also, the firearms civilians are allowed to legally own are limited. In the sense that you can't get a basic gun license and then go buy an RPG/M249. Or at least as far as i am aware. You even need a license to conceal carry.

to own a gun, no, all you need is a background check.

422498_01_taurus_tracker_17_hmr_640.jpg

I want a tracker so bad, 7 rounds of .357 magnum, oh yes.

that gun shoots .17hmr, smaller than a .22

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

then get off the damn thread

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Any recommend me a rocket launcher? My neighbor's dog has been barking for days :)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I've got a Desert Eagle for sale, hit me up if interested.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

taur627opensbi.jpg

Wrong model, my apologies

I've got a Desert Eagle for sale, hit me up if interested.

Cop^

the projectile is smaller however the cartridge itself is much larger and it does pack a much harder punch than a .22 just like a .223 is basically the same size bullet as a .22 but is a much more powerful round.

I'll say shotgun. "It's got a good spread" xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

i am fairly sure that you have to be 21 or older to own a hand gun.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz