Need a pistol under 500$ USD

Recon97

Smith & Wesson M&P series guns can be had for that price range. I have the .40cal and recoil is very manageable. Only complaint I have is the stock trigger... I think its like 7lbs. The best advice I can give is for you to rent a few for range practice. What fits my hand, what I call manageable recoil, trigger feel, etc will be different for you.

the projectile is smaller however the cartridge itself is much larger and it does pack a much harder punch than a .22 just like a .223 is basically the same size bullet as a .22 but is a much more powerful round.

i know

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

i know

figured you would was saying it for the benefit of the pack

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

If you need a gun to defend your home, you're either really dim or just live in a really rough neighborhood. The fact that gun laws are so slack in the US is the issue for me, more guns is NEVER the solution. Pepper spray or a tazer is a far better option.

EDIT: Just for the reading, these stats speak for themselves.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/number_of_privately_owned_firearms/192,10,40,153

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/rate_of_civilian_firearm_possession/192,10,40,153

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/rate_of_all_gun_deaths_per_100_000_people/192,10,40,153

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

If you need a gun to defend your home, you're either really dim or just live in a really rough neighborhood. The fact that gun laws are so slack in the US is the issue for me, more guns is NEVER the solution. Pepper spray or a tazer is a far better option.

EDIT: Just for the reading, these stats speak for themselves.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/number_of_privately_owned_firearms/192,10,40,153

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/rate_of_civilian_firearm_possession/192,10,40,153

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/rate_of_all_gun_deaths_per_100_000_people/192,10,40,153

MMmm... the Kool-Aid is sooo goood...

MMmm... the Kool-Aid is sooo goood...

- Snip the hogwash -

Those 2 videos stand for nothing, "you should compare it historically" is nothing more of an excuse. Yes, and that actually shows how out of control gun laws are in the US. Not starting an argument, you should be respecting my opinions in the same ways i'll respect yours. If you disagree with my opinion then so be it.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

You don't need a gun... Ever. This is why american is messed up. In Canada, UK people don't need guns. If you don't like where you are move. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

You don't need a gun... Ever. This is why american is messed up. In Canada, UK people don't need guns. If you don't like where you are move. 

Like Brazil, America is messed up because of its population. You can kill a person with your bare hands. I partially agree though, they need to revist that second amendment.

Mind you, Brazil is also extremely corrupt so I don't recommend ever going down there because it's fucking scary.

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

i-agree.jpg

Those 2 videos stand for nothing, "you should compare it historically" is nothing more of an excuse. Yes, and that actually shows how out of control gun laws are in the US. Not starting an argument, you should be respecting my opinions in the same ways i'll respect yours. If you disagree with my opinion then so be it.

If not watching the videos is respecting my opinion, you've got an odd idea of respect. At least I viewed your links. America has guns... lots of them.. and people are killed by them. That's all those stats say. Doesn't speak to people being "dim" or in "rough neighborhoods" or to tasers and pepper spray offering better defense.

If not watching the videos is respecting my opinion, you've got an odd idea of respect. At least I viewed your links. America has guns... lots of them.. and people are killed by them. That's all those stats say. Doesn't speak to people being "dim" or in "rough neighborhoods" or to tasers and pepper spray offering better defense.

Cool.

(Another ignorant American)

Indeed, our laws are out of control.

Too damn many of em.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

Indeed, our laws are out of control.

Too damn many of em.

Not enough towards gun control though.  ;)

It should be pointed out that a revolver CAN jam, however it's extremely rare, and usually requires a gunsmith to repair.

The worst thing though, is when you get one with a cylinder that is ever so slightly out of timing, meaning the whole the bullet sits in, doesn't perfectly line up with the barrel, and you get barrel strike, you will know you have this if you fire it and feel powder or some lead come back at you (wear your safety glasses). I've never been injured by it, but it does hurt a little bit, although some barrels could be worse than others. That too is extremely rare and on most guns covered by the lifetime warranty

It should also be said that most intruders would run just from hearing a 12 guage shotgun being cocked, in the dark, and their not the one holding it.

That's not a potato gun, this is a potato gun

my brother has a potato gun, it's badass

OP get one of these bad boys

gabe-newell-valve.jpg

Completely agree, move away from America if you don't want guns and allow those who want guns to stay in America. Don't try to remove our fundamental right from us, just move away.

Anyway the Ruger LCP 380 is pretty good and sub $400 if you find it used, but it's more of a concealed carry weapon. Easier to keep in a lock box near the bed.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Just want to derail the topic.If I am only considering home defends should I buy ak. 47 or ar. 15 or any kinda shotgun(pump. Action)

From the way you type, you shouldn't own a gun. You sound like you're fucking 12 years old.

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

Completely agree, move away from America if you don't want guns and allow those who want guns to stay in America. Don't try to remove our fundamental right from us, just move away.

Anyway the Ruger LCP 380 is pretty good and sub $400 if you find it used, but it's more of a concealed carry weapon. Easier to keep in a lock box near the bed.

Completely agreed.

The Mosin Nagant is a fairly cheap solution, firing it indoors is guaranteed to knock everyone off of their feet, ammo is cheap, the gun itself is cheap, it has a gigantic bayonette, can function as a club and or spear. All in all, a good choice.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Isn't it illegal in the US for somebody under 18 to purchase a gun?

i believe the age for a hand gun is actually 21 isnt it?

i am fairly sure that you have to be 21 or older to own a hand gun.

to buy a handgun it is 21 but to own one is 18 and he said he would not get the gun for another year so i think he looked into this a little.

From the way you type, you shouldn't own a gun. You sound like you're fucking 12 years old.

I already have an ak 47 with incidiary 250+ bullets.It's a pure Russian ak. 47

Makarov PM with some hps.

Cheap, super reliable, accurate, and compact.

Make you feel like Soviet James Bond, bakelite(hopefully) has Star of Cold War.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

My father uses this: http://www.ramset.com/Rocket.asp

.27 caliber

Joking aside, if an intruder were to enter your house, they wouldn't know the difference.It sounds like a real gun going off. With a little modding you can make so that it has a front grip, and even make it shoot nails via disabling the safety mechanism.

^Yes the idea sounds dumb so don't disable the safety.

In the end, its enough to scare off most wannabe robbers without causing any harm (unless you press it it straight in their head point blank). 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I already have an ak 47 with incidiary 250+ bullets.It's a pure Russian ak. 47

I thought assault rifles were illegal to own in America?

I'm also still very much confused as to who you expect to be defending your home from. And where, since the AK-47 isn't exactly optimized for the short ranges typically found indoors.