Show off your latest purchases

Please write a review please...

May I ask why?

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to doing it, but this movie draws some clear lines between certain groups of people. 

Heres one:

I see your Dusty and I raise you Hugo and Jake.

May I ask why?

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to doing it, but this movie draws some clear lines between certain groups of people.

I was interested to see your thoughts from your viewpoint...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

For some reason my brain only slept for a few hours and woke up at 2am. My tablet went to 5% battery so I'm getting to charge it through my new power bank for the first time.

And it seems more than brilliant that I don't need to get a high amp dual USB charger anymore. The battery bank charges during the day, and charges my devices at night.

Linus is my fetish.

They definitely could but not sure if they'll see enough of a market for it. Remember what Even apple is going for buffer phones

I think there is a market for small powerful phones, even Apple is supposedly cashing in on it with the rumoured iPhone 5SE 

Geek and Subie Fan

wait what card is that you put that on?

An Asus Strix 970, including its stock heatsink. The sink is exactly 240mm wide and has a notch at the side (originally used to hold the top cover on. I ziptied the two NF-F's together and tied them down by feeding a long tie through the notch on the heatsink.  Probably should call it "the brown mod" in regards to zip-tying AIO's on GPU's :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Yes Lego HP... don't judge...

I've got like 300hours in Lego HP on the Wii.

Altough on PC the really low FOV makes me sick and I refunded it after an hour.

An Asus Strix 970, including its stock heatsink. The sink is exactly 240mm wide and has a notch at the side (originally used to hold the top cover on. I ziptied the two NF-F's together and tied them down by feeding a long tie through the notch on the heatsink.  Probably should call it "the brown mod" in regards to zip-tying AIO's on GPU's :D

Is it working?

If it is how are the temps?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Well somehow this cooler with 2 mere heatpipes and 3 fans keeps my overvolted 1525 mhz 970s under 80 degrees. Meanwhile the G1 cooler with 4 heatpipes is around 5-10 degrees lower still:

980WF3HeatPipe.png

No idea why an Asus strix would need modding like that, but it does make me wish that GPUs used normal case fans so I could choose the ones I wanted.

Linus is my fetish.

Is it working?

If it is how are the temps?

Yes, it is working, though it has not yet solved my problem completely. GPU temps are superb, depending on the fan curve I can get the card to 65, 60 or even way below 60 degrees, with the fans being hardly noticeable even if reaching for temps below 60. However, the reason I started fiddling with GPU cooling were my high vrm temps reaching +100°C values. Those did dropp a bit, but not as much as I'd like, also highly depending on what load. Full load temps are better than medium load temps, since the VMR's get stressed in both, while the GPU does not get that hot --> lower fan RPM. I did some research over the last week and found multiple threads from people with similar issues and temps. Some RMA'd their card and went for another brand, some simply cranked up the fans) I found the info that someone was told by an Asus tech clerk that they went with higher quality VRMs on those cards which should be fine up to 120°C, - nonetheless, it won't benefit the cards lifespan IMO. There was another guy on some forum who put a G10 on a Strix card (not listed as compatible, but it works, who simply stuck some copper heatsinks on the VRAM as well as the VRM - he literally just thermal-glued them on top of the aluminium heatsink and it gravely improved his temps. might try a similar route - I don't know yet. This kind of grows onto me as a project - modding a 970 to be truly silent and quiet^^ 

Well somehow this cooler with 2 mere heatpipes and 3 fans keeps my overvolted 1525 mhz 970s under 80 degrees. Meanwhile the G1 cooler with 4 heatpipes is around 5-10 degrees lower still:

No idea why an Asus strix would need modding like that, but it does make me wish that GPUs used normal case fans so I could choose the ones I wanted.

I did not want to buy an additional cooler, since many require standard pcb's (which the Strix does not have ofc.) In addition, the actual GPU heatsink on the Strix already works quite well.

For why it needs modding, see above.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

New portable fold-up desk for my PC, I have no space to put it, The floor is all carpet, so that's a no-no. I'm in a pickle, I don't know if I should get a Xeon 123v3 now or in April? :( 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I was interested to see your thoughts from your viewpoint...

I certainly can do a quick write up after I watch it if you want...

Bought a Sony MP3 player and a 3.5mm auxiliary cable for the car. Sick to death of shitty CD's skipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171942830575

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131701833386?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Will be filling it with Dio, Metallica, Rammstein and Ludovico Einaudi :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm supposed to save money (although I've saved up enough for what I need to do at the moment) and I keep on going out and getting components for computers. I can't help it, it's an addiction... I did this in Japan, as well. Built about half a dozen computers when I was there...

Hmmmmm...sounds like me where I can't stop buying components even though I don't need to upgrade anything :P (I was born in Japan :D and I've even built myself a i3 and 650 ti rig there...in our house in Tokyo while also having an i3 and 6750 in our house in Beijing...not including my other two PCs here in Britain...)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Oh dear. I seem to have spent a bunch of money.

Almost at 6,666 post :D Also I have that same battery bank, absolutely love it :)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Almost at 6,666 post :D Also I have that same battery bank, absolutely love it :)

Whoops, just surpassed 6666 posts xD

I wanted the powerbank because it looks like (if it uses 18650s) like they are in two vertical stacks of two, which I wanted to do with my collection of 18650s, but too lazy to 3D print a case for it due to current non heated bed issues (thus the heated bed in the purchases)

I kinda wanna get that battery bank as I think the one I got off amazon is about 3k mahs less, but ya.

I honestly just wanted the PCB and case xD 

I have enough identical brand name 18650s to make a completely useless 100 AMP hour pack

I got a new SSD, this one (didn't take a pic before installing it though, too exited)

StorageReview-Intel-SSD-DC-S3700.jpg

The DC S3700 which is an older model but the price was right: some guy on a facebook group was offering this for 90 USD locally for the 400gb version, met him up at a train station and he was legit and so it's the ssd. Might not have the best warranty ever (he told me 6 months) and he might have wiped it from a sever or something but for I decided to give it a go.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Got an ScamScum S4 off craigslist for 30 bucks...

Power button was broken according to the listing (it was actually missing)

Fixed it and then the volume up button was dead. It was actually stuck ON.

So two buttons from a trashy android tablet later and we have a working 30$ S4.

The ModMyToys fan splitters, lighting, and my 140mm LTT fan.

Some doodads and the LTT 140mm fan.  ^_^

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Got Saturday morning RPG for PS4 and Vita, Vita limited to 2500 copies, PS4 limited to 1980 copies. The PS4 version  sold out crazy fast, still a few Vita versions left.

SaturdayMorningRPGLimitedRun_grande.png?

smrpg-vita-lrg_grande.png?v=1451323219

Also a couple of  asrock motherboards, a bitcoin mining lga1150

$_12.JPG

And an  775 g31 board

asrock-g31m-v2-intel-g31-chipset-motherb

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

PS2:
- Premier Manager 2005/2006

PS1:
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- Ark of Time
- Chase the Express
- Forsaken
- Hidden & Dangerous
- Versailles: A Game of Intrigue

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/