Show off your latest purchases

Because I totally needed it.

Is that one of the $3K models?

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Is it sad that My last purchase was a massive piece of clear perspex?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Before y'all judge, this movie is being heavily referenced in my philosophy class, and I figured I should watch it to understand what is being said, or in case I need to reference it for my final project.

It's also serving a double purpose to test my blu-ray drive, as I haven't used it yet, aside from OS install.

290678.jpg

Is that one of the $3K models?

Nah, it was about $150. Great for checking when pizza's ready to move out of the oven though :D

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

New keyboard: Cherry Strait. Prefer this kind over mechanical, as I'm weird like that. Also goes well with my (kinda) black and blue colour scheme. 

£20 from eBay. (white esc key was a replacement)

Woah... you have my attention :)  Honestly my favourite keyboard ever is my laptop.  I bottom out my keys but that's not saying much when the travel is so short (which I really like).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

New keyboard: Cherry Strait. Prefer this kind over mechanical, as I'm weird like that. Also goes well with my (kinda) black and blue colour scheme. 

£20 from eBay. (white esc key was a replacement)

Can you compare the spacing and size of the keys to something like a MBP or anything like that? Looks like a nice little keyboard.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Can you compare the spacing and size of the keys to something like a MBP or anything like that? Looks like a nice little keyboard.

I could compare it to my K65? 

Or if you really need me to I could steal my brother's MacBook Pro and compare it?

@tmcclelland455 not sure if this is any use to you: 

photo_3.jpg

That is of plenty use. :P I may just have to consider getting one of these due to the size. :P

But now the big one: How does it feel in comparison?  :huh:

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh well. I need to return my wireless charging kit for my phone because they arent USB powered. Stupid frigging Nokia / Microsoft thinking I have enough wall plugs for a propriety charger for a phone that normally charges via micro USB.

I got my dual USB charger with them, it has one 1a output for a phone, and a 2a output for a tablet, which seems perfect.

Linus is my fetish.

Well I also will be returning this plug:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ONPOIO2?ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Description clearly says - 5V/2.4A 2 Ports Dual USB

Supporting documentation with it says - 1 port 2a for a tablet, the other port 1a for a phone. Neither one actually outputs 2.4a, and if that's the total advertised output of both ports, then wouldnt that be 3 amp???

Instead, for now I'll just this beautiful battery bank:

ssGioqi.jpg

It has a 2.4a, and a 2.1a output, so I have that plugged into the mains and will charge my tablet and phone through it. As for a dual / multiple USB plug, I think I'll have to visit an actual electronics store to find a decent one with that much output over 2+ USB ports.

Linus is my fetish.

It's actually quite impressive: yesterday I took it off charger like 2 hours before living for work (6ish AM) and at 10 I was still at like 87%. Finished the day with just over 50% so the quote of 2 days of battery is actually accurate. Not sure what is moto doing since you'd imagine the non OLED display will actually cost em more battery but it's working just fine. It means that by the end of it's life cycle I can probably still get a full day out of it hopefully even with the degraded and dead cells.

Also here in Mexico with my carrier (AT&T) they actually did include the fast charger so it's just over 2 and a half hours to full charge. Basically just power charging even just 30 minutes to an hour before living will get you enough battery to make it almost the full day.

Sounds brilliant, now to pray they make a smaller one in the 2016 model range to fit my hands

Geek and Subie Fan

Sounds brilliant, now to pray they make a smaller one in the 2016 model range to fit my hands

Kinda difficult to keep the same battery size. In fact that is the one thing I've noticed, this phone if you look at it's thickest center point it's actually almost twice as thick as the iphone 6. It just doesn't feels like it since it's curved and fairly big but a smaller one would be basically the Moto X first generation, and that even as new only lasted a bit more than a full day.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That is of plenty use. :P I may just have to consider getting one of these due to the size. :P

But now the big one: How does it feel in comparison?  :huh:

Feels and sounds like a Mac keyboard... Other than the housing (which is plastic on this) and key spacing (seems to be a fraction bigger) it feels fairly similar.

These 3 PSU's just arrived this evening :) so much power ;)

Yf6HGVVh.jpg

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Kinda difficult to keep the same battery size. In fact that is the one thing I've noticed, this phone if you look at it's thickest center point it's actually almost twice as thick as the iphone 6. It just doesn't feels like it since it's curved and fairly big but a smaller one would be basically the Moto X first generation, and that even as new only lasted a bit more than a full day.

I wonder if they could pull something like Sony did with the Z5 Compact (Fun fact, costs as much as a regular Z5 here) and cram a massive battery into a small device, and keep that comfortable curve as well

Geek and Subie Fan

I wonder if they could pull something like Sony did with the Z5 Compact (Fun fact, costs as much as a regular Z5 here) and cram a massive battery into a small device, and keep that comfortable curve as well

They definitely could but not sure if they'll see enough of a market for it. Remember what Even apple is going for buffer phones

-------

Current Rig

-------

Before y'all judge, this movie is being heavily referenced in my philosophy class, and I figured I should watch it to understand what is being said, or in case I need to reference it for my final project.

It's also serving a double purpose to test my blu-ray drive, as I haven't used it yet, aside from OS install.

290678.jpg

Please write a review please...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Yesterday bought a 16GB USB-drive, today the Sennheiser OMX 185 headphones I ordered 3 weeks ago finally arrived.

post-23506-0-30084900-1453913132.jpg

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Please write a review please...

Heres one:

Linus is my fetish.

Well, since I had to adjust my fan profile due to high VRM temperatures and the noise started to go on my nerves, I though why not upgrade the GPU fans ^^

The default fans do have 0.55A @12V, NF-F12's are way below that, so I spared the powered PWM-splitter (I'd go that route for something like a pushpull H100 + Kraken G10, and there is even a 5xPWM + Molex adapter out there^^) I have yet to do performance / temperature testing, but even if it does not work, one can never have enough long lasting 120mm fans :P

post-218875-0-36538800-1453914828_thumb.

post-218875-0-34181900-1453914957_thumb.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Just picked up a pair of R9 290X Lightnings. Should be here Friday

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Well, since I had to adjust my fan profile due to high VRM temperatures and the noise started to go on my nerves, I though why not upgrade the GPU fans ^^

The default fans do have 0.55A @12V, NF-F12's are way below that, so I spared the powered PWM-splitter (I'd go that route for something like a pushpull H100 + Kraken G10, and there is even a 5xPWM + Molex adapter out there^^) I have yet to do performance / temperature testing, but even if it does not work, one can never have enough long lasting 120mm fans :P

wait what card is that you put that on?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.