DriveClub Is 30FPS For The Same Reason Other Games Are, Director Says [Old Thread]

"I suspect a lot of people think we may have compromised the gameplay experience by choosing 30fps, but we've spent a huge amount of time minimising the latency between the pad and what happens inside the game so you never feel disconnected."

insert facepalm here

http://kotaku.com/driveclub-is-30fps-for-the-same-reason-other-games-are-1597731142

789919110553031084.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Every game is 30FPS now(consoles), I mean the Forza series is now 30FPS, and they used to be all for 60FPS. It's just the limited power of the "next gen" consoles. I personally think that consoles should have a 60FPS, 30FPS slider this would resolve the issue. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Now that YouTube will be supporting 60fps I would imagine console gamers will start to demand 60fps gameplay when they watch their favorite commentator play on a PC at 60fps. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

At least there are plenty of other racing games. On pc you even get games that run on 3 monitors at 60fps no problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Now that YouTube will be supporting 60fps I would imagine console gamers will start to demand 60fps gameplay when they watch their favorite commentator play on a PC at 60fps. 

I wouldn't be sure, some people are so dug in into defending their console that they won't listen to reason. And either way, with the limited hardware of these consoles having 60fps would mean going back to 720p or less. It's still a good compromise for better gameplay, but it still sucks.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Every game is 30FPS now(consoles), I mean the Forza series is now 30FPS, and they used to be all for 60FPS. It's just the limited power of the "next gen" consoles. I personally think that consoles should have a 60FPS, 30FPS slider this would resolve the issue. 

Forza 5 is 1080@60r15

Horizon is the 30fps one...

If we're gonna give them shit, lets give them factual shit. We don't need to lie and do poor research to prove why PC gaming is better. 

Gotta love amd now right? look what they did with their sorry ass hardware, ruined the gaming as we know it.

Anyway consoles are from another gaming world its sad they put pc and consoles in same boat.(iknow this is ps4 exclusive)

I really dont care only stupid buy consoles nowdays,my problem is when the pc versions are locked to 30fps,graphics gimped and controlls feel sluggish and unrefined aka console ports.

I'm tired of playing at less than 60.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Gotta love amd now right? look what they did with their sorry ass hardware, ruined the gaming as we know it.

Anyway consoles are from another gaming world its sad they put pc and consoles in same boat.(iknow this is ps4 exclusive)

I really dont care only stupid buy consoles nowdays,my problem is when the pc versions are locked to 30fps,graphics gimped and controlls feel sluggish and unrefined aka console ports.

lolwat? AMD could've put a 290X inside the consoles for all they care but Microsoft and Sony went for the cheap. How is it AMD's fault?

Meh just looked it up the driving looks very arcady and unrealistic don't really care as i wont be getting it anyway and is 30fps really that much of a surprise now since basically every game is running at that on console lol.

If I was a developer and couldn't achieve more than 30 fps, my excuse would be: "We wanted to create a more cinematic experience"

Anyway, the new consoles are still... well... new and after some time we will see more games with 60fps. At least that's what I think will happen.

I wouldn't be sure, some people are so dug in into defending their console that they won't listen to reason. And either way, with the limited hardware of these consoles having 60fps would mean going back to 720p or less. It's still a good compromise for better gameplay, but it still sucks.

as a console gamer all my life and pc gamer aswell since 2012, i am not gonna defend my console and totally agree that they should be able to do 60fps, if it is truley hardware limited than fine, but if its just devs being lazy, than they will eventually lose markets!

problem is event he crap hardware can make games look so much better than last gen because of the age, so MS and Sony can get away with crap hardware and still call it next gen :/

there should be a slider for 60 fps with lower detail or 30 fps with slightly higher detail :)

*sigh* if they can make it feel responsive through some sort of witch craft, maybe even selling your soul to the devil; it would be very hard to make a responsive racing game @30 FPS.

Seriously? -.- Not that I care a lot for this game...

You cannot blame AMD for other companies being cheapskates, it would be even worse if it was Nvidia because according to both Microsoft and Sony they asked for more money to even get close to the performance of the APUs. It was Sony and Microsoft who chose to put cheap hardware in the consoles, not AMD they just make what was asked for. Besides on top of that it is also the developer's choice to go for higher graphics or fps, they just chose graphics.

You cannot blame AMD for other companies being cheapskates, it would be even worse if it was Nvidia because according to both Microsoft and Sony they asked for more money to even get close to the performance of the APUs. It was Sony and Microsoft who chose to put cheap hardware in the consoles, not AMD they just make what was asked for. Besides on top of that it is also the developer's choice to go for higher graphics or fps, they just chose graphics.

Seconded, they should go for a in between, good graphics with 40-45fps maybe 50 at a push! 

If there's one type of games that needs 60FPS it's racing

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

If there's one type of games that needs 60FPS it's racing

Yes.

People should stop being delusional by now about the consoles ... they will never sacrifice visual quality for frame rate because visual quality is the only obvious benchmark for someone to know the console is an upgrade over the last generation. (even if it shouldnt be just that) These consoles are too weak to do good realistic graphics and 60 fps, get over it or go Nintendo with cartoony/drawing graphics.

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, are we a bit grumpy, this was a nice debate btw, we are not being delusional, debating that they could be better with more effort and delay form the devs, but you seem to be a pc master race by your little rant! 

They'll start aiming for 1080 60 in about a year. Instead of now where it's the one in ten game on Xbox one and the odd game on ps4.

ACU should try to hit that mark and not settle for less

People should stop being delusional by now about the consoles ... they will never sacrifice visual quality for frame rate because visual quality is the only obvious benchmark for someone to know the console is an upgrade over the last generation. (even if it shouldnt be just that) These consoles are too weak to do good realistic graphics and 60 fps, get over it or go Nintendo with cartoony/drawing graphics.

Nobody notices the cartoony games on the next gen consoles. There are a few though.