DriveClub Is 30FPS For The Same Reason Other Games Are, Director Says [Old Thread]

what does biology has to do with video games lmao you have no point ,I have a lot of backing up but it's pointless if all you can argument is about 30fps but video game is meant to be played not about what has better graphics that's like saying keyboard is better on consoles than controllers but put the controllers as equal to keyboard on PC guess what controllers will win. I can See controllers losing in PC cause its not optimized as keyboard and mouse its like 30% percent slower . I game on PC and consoles but I never complained about fps as long as its playable to be fair I play in 2k resolution on my two titan blacks I get 70 fps on battlefield 4 with ultra settings so I could care less if it was locked to 30fps cause I play the game not bitch about it. So I got a god given right to my opinion so don't tell what to do I'm just speaking my mind if you feel butthurt than don't comment I'm not here to argue i'm here to say 30fps is OK to play on its not the end of the world get over it already.

If you don't like how the games is at 30fps than don't buy it and complain later cause that's just stupid.watch dogs has bugs on PC but I didn't buy the game I got it for free with two gtx titans I still enjoyed the game.

1. Biology has everything to do with our perception and video game experience, because unlike a movie that tricks our brain when you watch 25 FPS with blurry images, a game is not captured with a camera, it is "drawn", so our brain is not being tricked and we need more FPS to get a fluid image, otherwise we see a slide show. Our eyes see a constant feed of light when opened and everything we see is transmitted via an electrical impulse to our brain trough the nervous system, this is where you can say "we see in FPS" because of the impulses, and there is a small delay between our eyes and our brain, but it is very small and we can see far more FPS than stated monitor standards ( or pathetic console developer standards ), we can even learn to see more, we can't count them, but perceive this as a more fluid movement, and the limit is the frequency of the impulse in our nervous system 

2. No game is meant to be played at a certain FPS, because the more FPS the smoother the gameplay, and FPS is a limitation of the hardware. I still maintain that racing games can do a lot more than 30 even on a console since they are up-scaled 1080p games, this is just a rushed game, as all console titles in this generation 

3. We are angry about 30 FPS because it is not a good precedent in gaming for reasons i explained above. Once there are enough people that do not care about FPS, we will all be forced to play at 30FPS, that is why we who know better have to educate people like you, we don't like 30 FPS and we will be loud about it forever if needed, we have seen and experienced better, and we want all of you "30 FPS defenders" to see that for yourself. 

4. Give me a console with a keyboard and mouse ( you can do it with an adapter ) i would own anyone in a FPS game or an RTS that uses a gamepad, as for the gamepad, racing games, arcade style fighting games and sport's games are better to play with a gamepad because of the analog sticks, and very ergonomic button positioning, that is why PC users use both mouse and keyboard and gamepads for a specific game type

5. You don't complain about FPS, because you don't know any better, and you never actually tried comparing this. Since you have an Nvidia card, go to the NV driver control panel and adjust your V-sync to adaptive ( half refresh rate ) if you have a 60 hz monitor, if you have more hz monitor like 120 or 144 download afterburner or EVGA precision and use the frame limiter and set it to 30. Play like that for a week and then come back to standard 60 or more FPS, you will see, no one want's to go back after that, and we should not have to for the price of the games they want us to buy!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

1. Biology has everything to do with our perception and video game experience, because unlike a movie that tricks our brain when you watch 25 FPS with blurry images, a game is not captured with a camera, it is "drawn", so our brain is not being tricked and we need more FPS to get a fluid image, otherwise we see a slide show. Our eyes see a constant feed of light when opened and everything we see is transmitted via an electrical impulse to our brain trough the nervous system, this is where you can say "we see in FPS" because of the impulses, and there is a small delay between our eyes and our brain, but it is very small and we can see far more FPS than stated monitor standards ( or pathetic console developer standards ), we can even learn to see more, we can't count them, but perceive this as a more fluid movement, and the limit is the frequency of the impulse in our nervous system

2. No game is meant to be played at a certain FPS, because the more FPS the smoother the gameplay, and FPS is a limitation of the hardware. I still maintain that racing games can do a lot more than 30 even on a console since they are up-scaled 1080p games, this is just a rushed game, as all console titles in this generation

3. We are angry about 30 FPS because it is not a good precedent in gaming for reasons i explained above. Once there are enough people that do not care about FPS, we will all be forced to play at 30FPS, that is why we who know better have to educate people like you, we don't like 30 FPS and we will be loud about it forever if needed, we have seen and experienced better, and we want all of you "30 FPS defenders" to see that for yourself.

4. Give me a console with a keyboard and mouse ( you can do it with an adapter ) i would own anyone in a FPS game or an RTS that uses a gamepad, as for the gamepad, racing games, arcade style fighting games and sport's games are better to play with a gamepad because of the analog sticks, and very ergonomic button positioning, that is why PC users use both mouse and keyboard and gamepads for a specific game type

5. You don't complain about FPS, because you don't know any better, and you never actually tried comparing this. Since you have an Nvidia card, go to the NV driver control panel and adjust your V-sync to adaptive ( half refresh rate ) if you have a 60 hz monitor, if you have more hz monitor like 120 or 144 download afterburner or EVGA precision and use the frame limiter and set it to 30. Play like that for a week and then come back to standard 60 or more FPS, you will see, no one want's to go back after that, and we should not have to for the price of the games they want us to buy!

dude no one cares just give it up , go play your game end of story . talking to you is like talking to a brick wall and BTW keyboard sucks . now stop quoting me so I can stop replying to you. to me your not a real gamer now go play Nintendo game at crap 60fps cause real gamers don't care what fps it is as long as it's playable. I hope all pc games comes locked at 30fps just to piss all of you off , and please no more replying to my comments cause I really don't give a sh*t also never give me tips on anything specially something I already know , and don't care .

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

dude no one cares just give it up , go play your game end of story . talking to you is like talking to a brick wall and BTW keyboard sucks . now stop quoting me so I can stop replying to you. to me your not a real gamer now go play Nintendo game at crap 60fps cause real gamers don't care what fps it is as long as it's playable. I hope all pc games comes locked at 30fps just to piss all of you off , and please no more replying to my comments cause I really don't give a sh*t also never give me tips on anything specially something I already know , and don't care .

LAWL go play nintendo, not a real gamer, hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah, 

Np, man no more replies xD, you are as ignorant as Mr G. Freeman was on the forum, and that is hard to beat xD

Have fun oh great 30 fps gamer, hope your days be full of 30 fps goodness, oh yeah go revisit elementary school, you might hurt yourself with your current knowledge.

May your 30 FPS always be golden

Opsilon 

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

30fps terrible no matter what

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Eyes don't work that way.  The brain actually does interpret a series of images due to the structure of the eye and the complex process the brain uses to sift out unusable content and prevent the image from being a constant blur.

The reality is that there is no set number of frames that humans can perceive through visual stimulus only, and without some sort of feedback mechanism to give the brain a datum or reference point it is very hard to differentiate FPS, more over studies are showing us that spatial information is more important in sequence than FPS:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CF0QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.researchgate.net%2Fprofile%2FLucjan_Janowski%2Fpublication%2F221094435_QoE_as_a_Function_of_Frame_Rate_and_Resolution_Changes%2Ffile%2F3deec531460025a82f.pdf&ei=l865U4KZEoaMkwWv0ICoCw&usg=AFQjCNEUZg3YcH_jn2GIygABB93ykRpEUw&bvm=bv.70138588,d.dGI

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Eyes don't work that way.  The brain actually does interpret a series of images due to the structure of the eye and the complex process the brain uses to sift out unusable content and prevent the image from being a constant blur.

The reality is that there is no set number of frames that humans can perceive through visual stimulus only, and without some sort of feedback mechanism to give the brain a datum or reference point it is very hard to differentiate FPS, more over studies are showing us that spatial information is more important in sequence than FPS:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CF0QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.researchgate.net%2Fprofile%2FLucjan_Janowski%2Fpublication%2F221094435_QoE_as_a_Function_of_Frame_Rate_and_Resolution_Changes%2Ffile%2F3deec531460025a82f.pdf&ei=l865U4KZEoaMkwWv0ICoCw&usg=AFQjCNEUZg3YcH_jn2GIygABB93ykRpEUw&bvm=bv.70138588,d.dGI

Sry, but the article does not explain how does an eye work, it is focused on the quality of the experience, and resolution questions in our eyes

This is a really simple explanation of how the eye works, i do not see what exactly i said wrong from the article you posted, and i must say i enjoyed reading it.

Eyes don't really see FPS, we can only see as fast as our nervous system can transmit the images our eye captures until we close our eye lids, in fact the image in our eyes is 180° rotated, our brain puts it back, that is why i said you could "say" we see FPS, The article just said that FPS does not predict better experience, but you have to keep in mind that this article is about video, and not video games, because those are different things, and images are different, this is also where motion blur in movies comes in so our brain can fill in the gaps.

This article as stated in the conclusion needs to be expanded, i really liked it, but still i don't really see what did i say wrong about our eyes...

System

Sry, but the article does not explain how does an eye work, it is focused on the quality of the experience, and resolution questions in our eyes

This is a really simple explanation of how the eye works, i do not see what exactly i said wrong from the article you posted, and i must say i enjoyed reading it.

Eyes don't really see FPS, we can only see as fast as our nervous system can transmit the images our eye captures until we close our eye lids, in fact the image in our eyes is 180° rotated, our brain puts it back, that is why i said you could "say" we see FPS, The article just said that FPS does not predict better experience, but you have to keep in mind that this article is about video, and not video games, because those are different things, and images are different, this is also where motion blur in movies comes in so our brain can fill in the gaps.

This article as stated in the conclusion needs to be expanded, i really liked it, but still i don't really see what did i say wrong about our eyes...

The article is more in relation to the thread conversation rather than the actual workings of the eye. 

The brain blanks out visual input to prevent motion blur, also the eye has visual persistence that limits the amount of information it can process,  The visual cortex at the back of the brain only gets certain information and this information is not dictated by nerve speed but by eye travel and the brains visual processing abilities.  Also It is interesting to note that there are 4 parts of the brain that process visual information,  The first is the thalamus, this is the primary reaction catalyst for the fight/flight responses, the second is the primary visual cortex which dived the visual signal into to signals, one goes to the dorsal cortex where the images physical existence is understood and the other stream is the ventral cortex where the object is identified. 

How this relates to the topic is that what we consciously recognize is not from a constant stream of visual information, but heavily redacted into chunks we can process.

The article I linked to clearly indicates that there is more to perception than simply giving the brain more information, but that how that information is processed is just as important. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.