Is soccer the worst modern sport in the world?

Sammael

They all suck

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well , There are other sports that are far worse , like professional wrestling & that thing you play in the Olympics with a broom & a sliding thingy (yeah , i forgot the name but lazy to look it up so I'm typing this long ass explanation because i rather not move my hand over to the mice) It depends on peoples taste , NFL has actual playtime of like 15-25 minutes when compared with the call offs & time outs & HT Show & Ads But it has the most amount of viewership base until now. where as soccer is full on from the moment they start , the perspective changes from a Hardcore fan & a regular fan who sees a ball being randomly navigated.

Details separate people.

I love football aka soccer... where i live it's the king of sports. Yes it's a sport with a low goal scoring rate, but that's its nature, and that's why every single goal is so important that make a whole nation jump an be excited... I can't explain it better than this... anyway if you don't like football, you will never understand it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Technically soccer is thousands of mid-class people watching 22 millionaires kicking a ball.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I live in Belgium, our national team finally qualified for the first time since 2002 so the hype here is insane and i absolutely, 100% love it :D i think i watched almost every game so far. The Netherlands winning from Spain with 5-1, Costa Rica defeating Uruguay with 3-1. The sport in itself isn't that spectacular at all, but the drama and the atmosphere around it is what makes it such a beautiful game :D 

ITT: a bunch of edgy, teenage skeletons that can't into sports for shit. 

Seriously, there's a reason it's the most popular sport in the world. 

Can you name a few reasons? As someone who's played soccer for a fairly significant about of my childhood and spent a bit of time watching professional soccer, I think it's a stupid sport. There are much more complex, tactical and athletically demanding ball sports such as AFL.

Soccer is WAY more about the culture and atmosphere of attending a game than the game itself, and the game itself is what it in question here. It's objectively boring.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

No it's not, and it's called football :P 

'MURIKA

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Can you name a few reasons? As someone who's played soccer for a fairly significant about of my childhood and spent a bit of time watching professional soccer, I think it's a stupid sport. There are much more complex, tactical and athletically demanding ball sports such as AFL.

Well, I guess it's the most popular because you only need something shperical-ish and four sticks to play it.

I like how you call soccer modern

you obviously haven't been to the Colosseum

my bro Vespasian will hook you up with front row seats

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I beg to differ.

Nascar-left-turn1.jpg

But at least we can hope for a crash.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I live in Belgium, our national team finally qualified for the first time since 2002 so the hype here is insane and i absolutely, 100% love it :D i think i watched almost every game so far. The Netherlands winning from Spain with 5-1, Costa Rica defeating Uruguay with 3-1. The sport in itself isn't that spectacular at all, but the drama and the atmosphere around it is what makes it such a beautiful game :D

If you're after the drama, why not watch some Young in the Restless?

Just kidding

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Just for info I think the name 'soccer' comes from a shortened version of 'Association football' which is the official name of football. It was shortened to soccer by some posh types in Oxford or something to make it sound more cool.

Also football is awesome, but I enjoy watching all sports even the ones I consider more boring, it's always good to watch skillful players playing with passion and commitment, even if it's something silly like baseball :P

But baseball isn't silly?

My Computer

Beef Cake

soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer

BATMAN!

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Of all the footballs in the world America has the worst.

Gaelic football has all the best fights and challenges. Think of ice hockey on steroids.

Soccer has speed, and very little interuptions at least for adverts.

Rugby has tackles , players don't need pads and its just constant play.

Merica' yeah hang on while we switch out teams repeatedly and run 100x adverts.

Their is a reason why when we sat in an Irish pub showing some guys in Florida a bit of Rugby they loved it.

If American football was actually a great sport it would be big elsewhere in the world, as it is countries usually only tune in for Super Bowl.

Hell even Baseball has had great success in eastern markets.

Objectively Soccer is one of the best modern sports just by sheer popularity.

Subjectively Boxing will always be my favourite :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Yep, hate the sport and the retardation it brings with it (hooliganism etc, especially in my country)

Oh and I hate the fucking forced nationalism it brings on.

Soccer is an exceedingly entertaining sport if you like strategy and skill. All sports except for netball and golf------------this is where the Americans say hey he is mentioning something about Golf-------------are great.-----------This is where they come in with clubs with nails and screws jutting through it shouting WTF HE HATES GOLF,  THIS STUPID SON OF A B**** BASH HIM!------------. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Football(what you call "soccer") is really fucking boring, that's why I choose to watch Le Mans instead

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Almost every professional sport is horribly boring to watch.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Almost every professional sport is horribly boring to watch.

Except women tennis.

giggity

No. It needs some updates to deal with the diving issues, but no. It's leagues ahead of American football and basketball and Nascar and whatever other drivel Americans like to watch.

Plus it looks amazing in HD. As good as if not better than hockey in HD.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just because something is popular doesn't mean its good. (CoD)

I'm not a fan of soccer/football either. I don't like watching physical sports at all really, except hockey.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

If you dont like it, dont watch it, we dont care.

There are plenty of real american sports you can enjoy, like wrestling.

<<< Scottish

I hate soccer because of the thuggish culture associated with it. So many football fans drink and cause violence unnecessarily, doing things out of petulance like throwing coins at other supporters. Eugh. As with all groups of people there are good and bad; it just seems like a lot of the football supporters are bad - Sexist, homophobic, racist and derogatory chants are not uncommon.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates