How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

I think around 7 years old on a Nintendo DS Lite

Oh wait, I'm still 7 years old :/ 

/joke

Then along came cds, did you ever get mr blobby cds from friends or computer markets, they where full of games and apps

Can´t say I have, I live in Mexico and by that time it was very hard to get PC games, I had to go to Radioshack to buy them, until 1997, different magazines from spain were imported to Mexico, lucky for us they came with a lot of shareware and freeware games, that was when I played Duke Nukem 3D for the first time and I have to quit the game and play in secret due the pixelated boobs, lol.

You know what? I'm going to add something more to the post! What's your first OS experience?

I was first rockin windows 2000 with a classic theme, then we installed XP, again, classic theme... Then because a hard drive and power supply exploded on our computer we took something from our aunt which was rocking 95.

Then our dad bought us a pc with core 2duo e6700, 2 gigs of ram and a 9600gt (playing battlefield 3 on low, 1280x800 on 40 fps, might even do a benchmark) which had Windows Vista, then we installed Windows 7, and on my new laptop i now have Windows 8.1 ;)

You know what? I'm going to add something more to the post! What's your first OS experience?

I was first rockin windows 2000 with a classic theme, then we installed XP, again, classic theme... Then because a hard drive and power supply exploded on our computer we took something from our aunt which was rocking 95.

Then our dad bought us a pc with core 2duo e6700, 2 gigs of ram and a 9600gt (playing battlefield 3 on low, 1280x800 on 40 fps, might even do a benchmark) which had Windows Vista, then we installed Windows 7, and on my new laptop i now have Windows 8.1 ;)

In that case DOS and Windows 3.1

6 Yrs Old - Christmas 1986 the family got a Tandy 1000 TL

16 color screen!

I played Sierra quest games non-stop for years!

Can´t say I have, I live in Mexico and by that time it was very hard to get PC games, I had to go to Radioshack to buy them, until 1997, different magazines from spain were imported to Mexico, lucky for us they came with a lot of shareware and freeware games, that was when I played Duke Nukem 3D for the first time and I have to quit the game and play in secret due the pixelated boobs, lol.

lmao i know what you mean about Duke Nukem 3D i use to laugh when he would go in the strip club as i could see my mums face throwing... i too got a lot of games from the pc mags as it was the only thing i could afford back then with my pocket money and they had so many freeware programs and games it was foolish not to. I think that was the only game that topped Rise Of The Triads for me at the time.  

i started when i was 4

On shared family computer (and thus my first PC experiences)

Dos

Windows 3 11

When I finally got my own PC built from old hand me downs.

Windows 95

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Maybe 8 yo? My first game was Starcraft Brood War. I played at my dad's office LOL.

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

3 or 4. Super Nintendo for the win!

AMD FX-8350   -   Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3   -   ADATA XPG 8GB   -   Asus GTX 780   -   Fractal Design Define R4   -   Corsair CS650M

Kingston 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB   -   CM Storm QuickFire Rapid   -   Razer DeathAdder 2013

First game that I owned was Pokemon Green. I got stuck in Safari Zone with some glitch. 

Had to start over...first life lesson, courtesy of Pokemon. 

First game that I owned was Pokemon Green. I got stuck in Safari Zone with some glitch. 

Had to start over...first life lesson, courtesy of Pokemon. 

Ahahaha, bad luck, I played pokemons when I was so young that I forgot what was it like to play it... Good old emulators.

about 5 years old, playing Age of Empires 2 (FULL OF CHEATS :D) on our first PC running on a Pentium MMX with a maxtor HDD as i can remember :D

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 | MB: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | RAM: GSkill Ripjawx 8gb DDR3 1600 | VGA: Gigabyte GTX560 OC | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb, 2X Intel 330 60gb | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb | CASE: Modded NZXT Souce 220 | Cooling: Deepcool Iceblade Pro | PSU: Seasonic M12II 520w | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Mousepad: Razer Vespula | Monitor: Dell E2314H

Welcome to the forums, glad your first post was on my very own topic!

you're welcome i thought your topic to be very interesting brought me through memory lane  and thanks for the warm welcome

Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted~Assassin's Creed

I was 5 and my mum bought me my first PS1 and I used to play muppet monster adventure all the time. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Was three, :') the mystical days of GBA and GameBoy Colour. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

When I was 3-4 playing Super Mario Bros. on the N64 and Street Fighter on the Sega Genesis.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

5! I was playing prince of persia on windows back in '99. And Mario Dos too. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I was around 4 or 5 when I watched my brother play GTA:SA on the PS2 and I played it sometimes (he told me that the stuff pouring out of the "sleeping" people was ketchup), and I got a DS around 7. I got my PS3 when I was 9 and played that until I was 12. The summer when I was twelve was when I got a gaming laptop, and this year (i'm 13) I got my desktop.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I think I was 4 years old when I first experienced Super Mario Bros. on NES back in 1990.

I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me. 

I didn't choose the thug life; my mother picked it out for me.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I started to game on an AMD Athlon based PC. I was then playing Crash Day back in 2006 when I was 7 years old. In 2011 I started to build interest in PC hardware.

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Im actualy rather surprised at how young most of the LTT members seem to be, if this thread is anything to go by atleast.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |