How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

About 5, playing harry potter and the philosiphers stone and pangea software games on my dad's mac.

Around 4 years old, started playing Unreal Tournament.

Probably 8? Or 9? It began when my dad got a tv ping pong machine

Monteverdi%20TV%20Sports%20E%20825_www.J

then the arcades asteroids, defender, invaders, crazy climber, pacman, then the atari......

asteroids.gif

First computer i ever had was a commodore vic20 with 3KB of ram and a cassette player as storage. (I miss that thing)

vic-20-de-yellowed.jpg

Then nintendo, playstation, and all others appeared in the scene

First attempt of 3d simulators i tried were a pc ancient game of formula 1 i think it was pole position. And a monoch arcade about tanks Battlezone perhaps?

arcade-atari-battlezone.jpg

Pole_Position_screen.png

Then doom, descent, quake, counterstrike, nfs, rogue squadron, rebel assault. Tomb raider, and dont remember the avalanch of games i was involved

Descent was Mindblowing for its time

descent2screen.jpg

Nowadays even when i play titanfall in triple monitors one of my favorites games is still asteroids

2002, Battlefield 1942, I was 5

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I think i was 4

Playing midtown madness 2

5 or 6 Super Nes, and then Sega Genesis, and original Game boy for on the go, man I murdered so many AA batteries with that thing.

I was <my age when Pokemon Yellow Version came out>

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

4-5, I think. I played windows games like pinball on my parent's PC and I played Super Mario Bros and Top Gun on the NES my parents had sitting in the basement. (I asked what it was one day and my dad hooked it up for me)

EDIT: Oh yeah and I was a beast at duck hunt.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

5-7 years old maybe, I played moomin and mario games on my dad xp laptop.

At one point I played combat fight simulator and microsoft flight simulator(1998 version), around in 2003 - 2005.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

I consider my love affair with alternate reality to have begun with what I still would rate as my number 1 favorite game of all time.

Ocarina of Time on the N64. WOOT.

I'm 25 now, so however old I was when the N64 and OoT came out.

Oh and I cannot forget, GOLDENEYE

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Probably 8? Or 9? It began when my dad got a tv ping pong machine

Monteverdi%20TV%20Sports%20E%20825_www.J

then the arcades asteroids, defender, invaders, crazy climber, pacman, then the atari......

asteroids.gif

First computer i ever had was a commodore vic20 with 3KB of ram and a cassette player as storage. (I miss that thing)

vic-20-de-yellowed.jpg

Then nintendo, playstation, and all others appeared in the scene

First attempt of 3d simulators i tried were a pc ancient game of formula 1 i think it was pole position. And a monoch arcade about tanks Battlezone perhaps?

arcade-atari-battlezone.jpg

Pole_Position_screen.png

Then doom, descent, quake, counterstrike, nfs, rogue squadron, rebel assault. Tomb raider, and dont remember the avalanch of games i was involved

Descent was Mindblowing for its time

descent2screen.jpg

Nowadays even when i play titanfall in triple monitors one of my favorites games is still asteroids

Funnily enough i still own working originals of some of the Classic Atari games.

Battlezone, Space Invaders, Centapede, Defender, Dodge'em, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong (i think), Air see battle, Atlantis, Pac man, Breakout, Circus, Combat, Frogger (i think it was 'The Offical' version, not 1 or 2), keystone kappers, Mario Bros, Maze Craze, Missle Command, Oink!, Pole Position (i think), Riddle of the Spynx ( i think), Smurf ( i forget the full name), Warlords,  and ... i cant remember ,.. im sure iv missed some. i have a box full of Atari 2600jr cartridge games in the loft.

I also still have copys of Descent, Doom, DukeNukem 3d and all those other good early PC games, all really great games. And yea Descent was crazy good for the time. Think i was using a 486/100 bassed PC at the time.

Glad to see atleast a few people who played games from back then.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I first started playing on my Amiga 500 when I was 26 and have not stopped now I am 50 and gaming even more now i saved up and built my 1st rig this year!

About 12-14. Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy VII.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I played my first PC game when I was 4 years old (2000)
Age of Empires II

A couple years old, my parents had an old galaga arcade machine and a Dig Dug

3298757919_639977a528.jpg dig-dug-full1.jpg

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I started at 5, Was playing Tekken on my ps1 also titles like Need for Speed High stakes and Hercules as well as the original Spiderman game. At 10-11, I learned that I had a few Windows 95/98 games laying around for our old computer. My favorite being Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Spoiler

Gaijin-Oni: 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Motherboard
    MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
  • RAM
    Corsair 4x8GB 3200MHz Vengeance RGB Pro
  • GPU
    RX 7900 XT
  • Case
    Cooler Master Masterbox 5
  • Storage
    1TB WD BLACK SN850 NVME
    1x 8TB Seagate Drives (Shucked)
    2x 1TB HP SSD's
  • PSU
    EVGA 1000w PSU
  • Display(s)
    Viotek 1440p 144hz 27in
    LG 4K 32in
    Acer 1080p 27in
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i Capellix
  • Keyboard
    Red Dragon K552 Modded
  • Mouse
    Corsair M65 Elite
  • Sound
    SoundBlaster Pro Audigy (Sennheiser HDXX's)
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 64-bit

at about 4-5 on a ps1

Crash Bandicoot 2 aw yea

Git Gud.

Probably 8 years old owning Zelda on nes

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

i started console gaming at then became a pc gamer at 10. im not 10 now and it was a cheap intel core i3 computer with a garbage nvidia geforce gt 520 that i built with my dad 

When I was 4 and my parents bought me a Gameboy Advance with a Power Rangers video game.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

My dad bought me trackmania when I was 9 years old. :') was my first game