How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

5 or 6, I think the first thing I ever played on was the gameboy can't remember what game though probably Mario because I can remember my mom helping me out with the hard levels lol

I probably started gaming on the pc at 3 years old. My first game was street legal racing: redline.

"Linus is love Linus is life"

Back in 2002 with the Nintendo gamecube.  I was 5.  Some of the first games I played were Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Sonic Adventure 2.  I don't remember the specifics of how I started PC gaming.  Minecraft was a big contributor, though.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I Started Playing Video games when i was 4-5 years old on my Dads original Play station and Started Gaming on PC when i was 5-6 with Red Alert, My Dad Deleted the Game afterwards because He got Mad that I was Better than Him(Douche) 

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

6-7 was 1997-1998 my firt console 

then was terminator, sega mega drive, sony 1, sony 2, PC. 

junior_5.jpg

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Probably like 7 but only weird learning games :/

My first real gaming experience came later with 12 or so when i started playing Battlefront 2. This game influenced my whole life and is probably still one of the best multiplayer games lol.

*fun fact*

I didnt know but i really sucked at the game so that one day a dude asked me if i was playing with my dick but my english was really bad so i was just confused xD

If anyone is up for some Battlefront 2 in the near future (mid august) just text me! :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

7, when I first started playing pokemon

4-5 with GTA III on PS2.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Got an Xbox Original (because we cant use One thanks to the moronic name of the "new" gen) for Christmas in 2001, and Halo was the first game I owned. But I used to play FIFA 98 on my friend's PS1. So, 2? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Back when I was 5, in 1996. Super Metroid was the very first game I ever played.

I still have the physical copy of that game, and it still works. You just gotta blow on it a few times. Just like the good old day.

I mustav been about 5/6. Mostly Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt & other awesome ol'skool nes games.

Got into gaming heavily in 1999 era with Half life and then later with Counterstrike 1.5. I think i was around 12?

awesome days with 56K dial up modem.

aahh nostalgia.

The first ever game I picked up was Pokemon red on the Gameboy colour after I got it for my birthday. I can't remember how old i was buy I would say around 8. After a amount of time I got bored with it and started playing sports after school *shudder*. I would occasionally play such classics such as Enigma: Rising Tide, and Cars: The Video Game, rocking that windows XP machine bought from Best Buy. On my 13th birthday I got a white PlayStation 2 for my birthday, mind you I was completely oblivious to the existence of the PS3 and Xbox system that were out. Ever since that day I was pretty much playing games every day. Eventually I came across the wonders of YouTube and started watching and reading about how I could build a computer for myself.

Around 6 or 7, played original Sonic the Hedgehog on Megadrive. 

Good God I'm old LOL.  My oldest cousin had an Atari 2600 and I started playing when I was... I'd say 5 or 6.  that was a few decades back.  Back in elementary school our Apple computers, before the Macintosh was released, had King's Quest.  When I turned 18, I bought my first PC... a Compaq from Staples...  I've built every single PC I've ever owned since then.  Hell I remember buying the Voodoo 3d card when it was released for kick ass Quake gaming at Electronic Boutique LOL.

2005 I was 11 and I build my first rig. Had great preformance at the time

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

i was 14 years old when i started gaming . we bought our first PC in 2005-6 . i used to spend hours doing all kind of stuff on my PC .( i was very curious to know how it works so without any knowledge i did different experiments on my PC and finally after approx 1 year it stopped working :D ) . But it actually helped me to get basic knowledge about peripherals .   

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Around 6-7 on the NES

Then got a GBA Advanced SP at 10. Imagine my mind blow

I started gaming when I was 3. I got a Green Original Game Boy with Alleyway and Super Mario Land 2.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I was 10-12 yrs old I think.  At the Pizza joints, roller skate rinks and arcades yo.  around 1980-82.

I got my first console in 1982 I think. 

For my 5th birthday my parents got me a sega gen with the sonic and nuckles game, it was all downhill after that.

As long as i can remember I have been gaming.

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-