How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

Maybe 7-8 years old , had a family pc with pentium 3 500-ish mhz , some ram :))) , and some gpu? , i played super old games , cause it was 2001 and i played ms-dos gamess those that only take a few hundred kilobytes , and some 'newer' ones like Captain Claw .

A tad more seroius gaming started in like... mid 2005 , played games such as need for speed underground 1 , 2 and some fps games(quite a few but i don't remember the names of...). Tis was on a 1,81Ghz AMD sermpron 3000+ cpu +nVidia FX-5200 128mb + 256mb ram , later added 1gb.

But like 'Proper' gaming started in the summer of 2009 , when i made my first custom rig with Core2Quad Q8400 , Nvidia 9600GT-1gb version,4gb 1066Mhz DDR2 , 1tb HDD , all this on a shitty Biostar Tp45hp motherboard , powered by a 700w psu.

With this rig i could play any game released before 2009 on maxxx settings , except a few like Crysis1 .

So Playing games started when i was 7-8yo , but GAMING started in 2009 .

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)

Ratings are for pussies.

post-14986-0-96633100-1403015803.jpg

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

5, played some weird game called tactical ops on my old compaq desktop back then.

What?

I started at 7 when my family got our first home computer in 1999. First game I played was Oregon Trail 3rd Edition.

Probably when i was 4-5 years old and played children games on my dad's pc with him and my sister. The big blow-up happened 8 years later when as a consequence of moving I got an indipendent bedroom (I used to share a bedroom with my sister) and got a pentium 3 800mhz to put in it (it was horribly old even then but hey, it worked ^^ and back then I played mostly age of empires 2 and quake 2 which you will agree are not the most demanding games on the planet). Then a couple of years later I got a pentium 4 in replacement and when I was 15 I got my current beast (it was june 2011).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't remember how old, playing Mech Warrior 2 on windows 95 was fun. 

"Believe in yourself. Cuz that's the way to start." 

5 played some old lego harry potter game, and also had a gameboy

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

4, 1995, Meagdrive 2!!! Then all Playstation, and now Playstation and PC!

Must have been like 6 or 7 when we had an Atari 2600 and like a year later got an NES. I also have fond memories of some PC games on my uncle's computer or school computers and such playing a game called Stunts, some tetris clones, etc. I must have been like 9 when I started gaming on PCs

-------

Current Rig

-------

6-7 ish. I was using my dads computer to play flash games on Ebaums world

The good old days when I was little and had no responsibilities but to play legend of zelda and pokemon. 

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

6 my frist game was crash on the ps1. god times :)

And mine was on ps2, hehe :D

The good old days when I was little and had no responsibilities but to play legend of zelda and pokemon. 

Those days, we lov'em!

I remember playing GTA: San Andreas on pc when I was 6 or 7.

4 year olds play mario on a terminator tv console at my neighbours house.When i was 5 got my 1st one too since them im hooked dont need other drugs/food/smokes get outta here.

memories  :rolleyes:

1288874447_134972219_1-Fotografii-de-Van

12 i think.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

9/10

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Early 90s so about 4.

My first gaming experience was on one of these bad boys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Boy

I got a ps1 a few years after its release, playing games like Tomb Raider series and Metal Gear Solid, along with the generic kids games like Crash Bandicoot.

I switched to PC because of my love for the RTS genre. I remember having a demo for an RTS game on the PS! (can't remember the name now), and because I couldn't find a copy anywhere i bought my first PC game - Command and Conquer. 

From that point on i was primarily a PC gamer.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

i was 3 played pokemon gold and crystal and gta 2d and xp pinball

I was about 8 when I got a Gabeboy Advance SP for Christmas with a really old Star Wars game. Before that, my parents avoided video games and tv. We didn't  get cable television until I was in 6th grade. That day was a good day.  ^_^

I should be studying.