How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

4 when my dad got me a PS1 with 100~ burnt/pirated games.

Good Morning...

Like 5, playing GTA: Vice City on my dad's computer.

Basically me as well. You may be my doppelganger. 

Main PC: Fractal Design Define R4 - Intel i5 3450 - Sapphire 7870 - Samsung 8GB @1600mhz - Corsair CX750w - Sandisk 128gb Ultra Plus SSD - Seagate Barracuda 500gb - P8H77-M 

Keyboard and Mouse: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Blues) and a Razer Deathadder 2013

I guess 4 or 5 years, my first games where Gran Turismo 1 and Spyro - Year of the Dragon on the Playstation 1 :D

Professional n00b gamer!

I started playing a game for the first time when I was about 6-8. It was a kid's maths game where you were an alien jumping around in a car solving math's problems - I understood nothing but I liked it.

I remember being 4 years old, on my dad's original Xbox (I thankfully am no longer a console peasant), enjoying things like GTA: San Andreas/Vice City, MX Vs ATV and all sorts of other things. I never really got super into gaming until I got my own PS2 though, and started playing stuff like Bully, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Destroy all Humans,all of which I place upon my personal pedestal of some of the best games of all time.

I'm 13 so I started playing when I was 5: Pajama Sam lol. EDIT: Can't spell

CPU: i5 4570 - GPU: R9 270 - Motherboard: MSI Z87 G41 - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro - PSU: EVGA 500W Bronze - RAM: Kingston FuryX 2x4 GB

4 year of age with the gameboy advanced. Still have it!

Pretty straight forward question, how old were you when you first started gaming?

I was probably 3. So in 2005 i think? I was rockin a pentium II beast, that couldn't play any games that were gifted to my brother for his birthday.

i was 13 when i got Minecraft

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

What do you consider gaming?

I was 2 or 3 years old when I started playing Pajama sam, Freddy Fish, ... and got my first computer. When I was around 4 or 5 I got my gameboy advance with super mario world 

Im actualy rather surprised at how young most of the LTT members seem to be, if this thread is anything to go by atleast.

So many toddlers gaming, so hardcore. I call BS on most of them. Not all though, some toddlers really play, even if it's just smashing buttons. :rolleyes:

In my case I was around 6-7 years old(not a hardcore toddler sorry), started on a NES Mario Bros 3 and Sega Master System Ghost Busters. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Around 5 or 6, played on a transparent gameboy colour. I was the coolest kid on the block.

I had the yellow one, only one kid had that one and yes, it was eye catching!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

When I was 8, I remember playing old DOS games like Oil Tycoon, BlackJack, and Police Quest. Yeah, I'm old.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

I have play various games prior to all of this, but it was Super Mario World on SNES that lured me into this addiction. My family always has struggled financially, so it took a few years to finally get a SNES at the age of 6. 

I had the yellow one, only one kid had that one and yes, it was eye catching!

Yeah the yellow one and the transparent ones were pretty eye catching. My parents then bought me the tattooed gameboy advance sp. 

gen001663.jpg

In around 2003.

I was 3 at the time.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

When I was 8, I remember playing old DOS games like Oil Tycoon, BlackJack, and Police Quest. Yeah, I'm old.

One of the few honest answers in this thread though.

Yeah the yellow one and the transparent ones were pretty eye catching. My parents then bought me the tattooed gameboy advance sp. 

Jumping from a Gameboy Advance to the SP version for me was amazing, finally, colors were popping plus rechargeable. Now that I think about it, the Nintendo handhelds seems to be the only "console" I've own all versions. 

PS1 i was 3 im 14 now.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Jumping from a Gameboy Advance to the SP version for me was amazing, finally, colors were popping plus rechargeable. Now that I think about it, the Nintendo handhelds seems to be the only "console" I've own all versions. 

Yeah and I didn't have to have the GameBoy Colour light adapter either! The light feature on the SP version was the best feature on the SP. Loved the light more than the colours 'cause it didn't take up handheld space like on the Colour version.

game-boy-color-com-todos-os-acessorios_M

If you didn't know what I was talking about, ^ that is what I was talking about when I said "light adapter".

Yeah and I didn't have to have the GameBoy Colour light adapter either! The light feature on the SP version was the best feature on the SP. Loved the light more than the colours 'cause it didn't take up handheld space like on the Colour version.

If you didn't know what I was talking about, ^ that is what I was talking about when I said "light adapter".

I hated that thing, most of my friends had it. I never bought it cause I had enough with the Light Boy.

GameBoyLightBoy.png

I hated that thing, most of my friends had it. I never bought it cause I had enough with the Light Boy.

GameBoyLightBoy.png

I hated the light boy. I preferred the light adapter :D Made life easier when I was gaming under the covers pretending to "sleep".

around 5-6

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log