Cooler Master - "Talk to the Expert" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

So what is this?

This is an opportunity to do a LIVE Q&A session with one of the cooling experts at Cooler Master: Jonathon Loo . He and I have connected already briefly and aside from trade secrets, you guys are welcome to ask any questions you want about their product, the development cycle, and what it's like behind the scenes working at Cooler Master

The live Q&A and feedback session on May 8th, 2014 at 11am Pacific time

Click here to find out what time it is in your time zone

This will be a great opportunity to talk about your ideas, ask questions, and give feedback on Cooler Master's cooling products - particularly their liquid coolers!

Not only that, but we'll be giving away some Cooler Master products on the show - exact products TBD, but expect at least one AIO liquid cooler!

It will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/linustech, and the giveaway we're running is for LIVE VIEWERS ONLY.

The main topic of the stream is basically up to you guys and I'd love to see you post your ideas in this thread ahead of time so we can figure out how to structure this to make it as entertaining and educational as possible!

I want this to be a lot of fun and super interactive, so please post your ideas in this forum thread. I will definitely be taking more suggestions during the show as well, but it's great to have a starting point.. Folks who post in the thread versus trying to get their questions featured live *will* have a bit of an advantage!

How do I win the swag?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

1. Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream

2. Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser

3. Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

Yes please.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Me me me me eme emmememe

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I would enjoy thy swag. Definitively will be watching. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Awesome i really want to know what happend to the car inspired CPU coolers ( V8 etc.)

Interested in Business and Technology

ill be sleeping ............

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

All I want from CM is a boxy Matx case to challenge the Prodigy and Node 804. The style more classy like their older Stacker series or the Cosmos line and not HAF (not a fan of chunky plastic). You know, something classy with lots of support with handles on the top and with an aluminum front facia to make it classy. -- Even made a silly quick sketch the other day. :P

8f5693bec313f80380013ccaeee53081.png

You ALWAYS do these giveaways an hour before my school ends. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's not fair... Linus you do realize that most people have school/work at that time right?

marked down, and ready to watch :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

You ALWAYS do these giveaways an hour before my school ends. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's not fair... Linus you do realize that most people have school/work at that time right?

"most people" live in different time zones :P

Not much we can do about it. Someone will always not be able to make it :(

I must say that his timing is so good xD
Y u do this to us Linus?
Will try to watch on time.

Looking forward to this , hopefully its as good as the intel one.

I guess the question I have which is very generic I'll admit.

Given Cooler Masters diverse product range is their anywhere he would like to have more funds just to go a little nuts? 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Sounds fun. I'll try to check it out, but I may be sleeping at that time.

How do I win the swag?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

1. Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream

2. Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser

3. Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

so will it be like the last one and you just have a codeword that you tell everyone to type and not really need to be watching

What are the current major roadblocks cooling is facing and what do you think will be the next advancement in cooling solutions?

Really need computer parts for a new z97 build

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

DO i need to ber there at very begining? My school ends at 2, this starts at 2

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It would be nice to see vapor chambers implemented in AIO coolers, it would probably give CM advantage over the other companies. It would also be nice if CM used the V8 design into other products, such as AIOs, and cases. The orange LEDs with the car style was a success.

On topic question:

Any plans to move into the AiO GPU cooling market to compete with NZXT and their Kraken G10?

To all the people who are, again, complaining about what the time of the Q&A session. Linus is based in North America, the rep from Cooler Master is based in North America. They will be talking during normal business hours for two North American companies at a time that fits into both of their schedules. So yes you may be in school, or asleep if you are in Europe. It is impossible to schedule something at a time that works for everyone. I don't see anything posted yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the giveaway is region restricted too.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

One question I have for him is, Wayer cooling or air cooling? And are Cooler Master AiO coolers really at a big advantage or quality air coolers? Or should I build a custom loop?

Thanks and can't wait to watch the stream even though it would be pretty late but who cares.

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

looking forward to it

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||