Cooler Master - "Talk to the Expert" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

Good, I'll try to tune in - I'll be either just getting into bed or just getting out of it.

@LinusTech will the stream be uploaded to YouTube once its done? And possible discussion topic (related vaguely to Cooler Master cases, not necessarily to coolers):

I've been building in mITX alot recently, with the cases I've been/am using all being Cooler Master. A HAF Stacker 915R, an Elite 110 and an Elite 120 Advanced (possibly my favourite case at the moment, so cheap and so full featured). I've been wondering (case manufacturer's in general, but especially mITX) why they don't feature SD card readers in the case itself. The smaller the form factor, the less options for expansion you have. In the Cooler Master Elite 110 you forsake a 5.25" bay as most people in that form factor will not need an optical drive, but there's a good chance they'll still need a card reader - if it's a home theatre PC you might want to load photos from a camera or whatever. In my office PC, I didn't need an optical drive, but I needed to use SD cards, and building an SD card slot, or  a MicroSD card slot + SD Card slot into the front panel would allow a case designer (Cooler Master) to save a lot of space by getting rid of the 5.25" bay, or allow people to have optical drives AND card readers installed.

I just think it makes good sense to have at the very least a standard SD card reader built into the case. Though MicroSD would be nice too since people use it for phones built into the case. I think the market is there (these PCs have all been for other people and all requested a card reader)

finally a stream at a normal hours for us in Europe

watching WAN till 3-4 in the morning and going to work at 6 kinda sucks xD

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

finally a stream at a normal hours for us in Europe

watching WAN till 3-4 in the morning and going to work at 6 kinda sucks xD

Yeah! This will be perfect timing for us!

Linus this is great giveaway! I would like to know is there any new cooling technology "cooking" in the lab? If that's not ultimate secret :)

Is the giveaway worldwide or US/Canada only?

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

Very interesting idd.

I was planing on a mITX build with the elite 110 and the Seidon XL and now I am waiting for the new boards and processors to come out.

I would like to know if there are any new stuff coming out on AIO that are worth waiting for as well?

Are they planning to put transparent tubes on those AIO by any chance? I filled in a survey the other day about that..I think would be interesting and helpful for  colored themed builds.

Well, this is going to be interesting. Count me in.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

"most people" live in different time zones :P

Not much we can do about it. Someone will always not be able to make it :(

who needs sleep? 

My question for Jonathon Loo is:

Can you sum up in less then a couple minutes the phases & processes that are required from the beginning of one product life to its completetion of reviewing the yourself (CM) You can use a computer case for example or an aio cooler (but itd prefer you talk about cases) pm me on the forums :)

Thanks a bunch

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Linus is awesome for working on stuff like this!

i love being an insomniac as its 4 AM here

my question is will there be more support for XL-ATX motherboards as alot of my friends are on X58 and love their system but dont want a massive case and want to water cool it

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Here are a few questions I have:

1. Will there be a new case in storm scout series that will be more compatible with 240mm or 280mm radiator aio solutions? As the only way right now is to mount either the rad or the fans is externally on the storm scout 2

2. Will cooler master start releasing their own individually sleeved cable kits for their own psu's?

3. Does cooler master have any intent to get into the phone case market?

4. Will cooler master ever do custom order mechanical keyboards ie any switch type with choice of any single color led backlight?

My question to john is:

Do you think Will there be a new case in the storm scout series that will be more compatible with greater radiator aio solutions, like 240mm or larger? Or even front mounted rad support rather than only top or somewhat side mounted?

Nothing to see here, move along

Here are a few questions i have:

1. Have you/coolermaster experimented with nano-fluid such as carbon nanotubes to increase thermal conductivity of liquids in AIO coolers? If not what are you're thoughts on nano-fluid in AIO coolers?

2. Will we be seeing RBG individual backlight mechanical keyboards from coolermaster?

3. What are your thoughts on the new Titanium efficiency rating for power supplies? Is there any more room for improvement in efficiency at feasible cost? 

1. Are there any plans to make a 3x120mm radiator AIO unit?

2. Are there any products that Coolermaster don't make yet that you'd like to see?

Well finally i guess there are also going to be some releases from coolermaster ? 

Anyways i do really want to win an All in One watercooler as much as an aircooler both do great jobs :P

The only sad thing is that i might not be able to tune in right from the start of the show as i will be ending my english class and my father probably won't let me open my computer ... sooo i can only beg you for one thing :P maybe send him an e-mail telling him to let me watch the livestream ? (I'd prefer not to post his email on the forum so is there any way of sending his email privately ?)

Thanks a lot linus and all of the group for all the amazing events and work :P 

Here is my twitter https://twitter.com/CubiX_Balikos

Looking forward to it :D

Question: any innovative ways of preventing graphics card drooping in future cases? Maybe some sort of height-adjustable support system on the side panel?

I would like to know from CoolerMaster what they think the AIO market will do within the next year. 

A lot of focus is on smaller, compact systems nowadays and when you take away space you will take away performance. 

I wonder how well CM their internal layout is for the guys who make cases. So that they are able to make a case that just fits a whole lot while still staying small, compact. 

So my question is mostly about AIO and Cases, but I would love to hear their toughts about their Hyper 212 EVO. This heatsink gets suggested a little bit insanely much here on the forum, because it is realy good for the price. Would like it if you could have at least a small talk about this heatsink. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Looking forward to it :D

Question: any innovative ways of preventing graphics card drooping in future cases? Maybe some sort of height-adjustable support system on the side panel?

A backplate will do much better.

They won't make that in a case, it will cost a lot of money and there are a lot off different motherboards, video cards that the "support arm" would have to become so flexible that the price would get high quick. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Do not have a question. I have a statement. I just want you and your team to keep providing awesome products and services.

YES! Finally a sensible time.

/EDIT: I realized that I already posted into this thread and I don't want to be disqualified.

Thank you John.

To be honest, I actually didn't get to see the whole stream (damn CS:GO stealing my time), but I still got to hear you and see you. You seem very professional without actually looking shy like some tech experts. And you're damn sexy in that headset IMO (I hope this doesn't make you uncomfortable).

And for Coolermaster products, my mate uses a CM powersupply. Literaly the best component in his rig and probably the only reason it didn't burst into fLamE's yet. (there's a hidden joke there...)

Again, thank you John.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Is CM going to make a liquid cooler for GPU's eg; Asus ROG Poseidon if demands increase? Also can CM supply the cables fitted for the 2.5" docks in the CM Storm Stryker as space is limited in this area. Thanks.

Is CM going to make a liquid cooler for GPU's eg; Asus ROG Poseidon if demands increase? Also can CM supply the cables fitted for the 2.5" docks in the CM Storm Stryker as space is limited in this area. Thanks.

Cooler Master doesn't make GPUs of any kind, so how could they start selling liquid cooled GPUs?

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Shit not a good time. School starts at fucking 8 AM. Not fucking good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Cooler Master doesn't make GPUs of any kind, so how could they start selling liquid cooled GPUs?

CM don't manufacture cpu's but make CPU coolers. I think you misunderstood my question. With the new graphics cards being released with either air/liquid cooling options, will CM make coolers for graphics